“good food”

Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Manado
Reviewed 30 November 2012

staying in the hotel for 5 days I notice some aspects such as: while our team arrived the waiters is to slow to respond too the guest,( our group even not given welcome drink which I notice later that every guest given) we are in the group which are very tired after long flight. While our team arrived we have to wait about half an hour to finally get the key. While I am trying my room key..again is not working and I have to return too the lobby and they have to fix it and use temporary key. The problems also with the hotel is that (for the security reason maybe) we have to ask the waiters to press the lift floor if we are going to our friends room which are not the same floor with us , for me its too complicated. One thing that good for the hotel is the food for breakfast is delicious and varied.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Dear Mr. Mike Nathan

Warmest Greetings from Manado...

I do thank you to have your valuable feedback in regard to our service during your stay with us. I do apologize for the such inconvenience and I myself will ensure that the such situation does not occur in the future. I will review the number of my front office staffs so that they are able to provide efficient service to all guests at any circumstances.

I hope you will grant me another chance to serve you better in your next visit .

Thank you for your attention and Wishing you a great health and success

Elwas Suwarno

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I had been there for business trip for a week, it was a good hotel with good staff services and good attitude. hotel provided free wifi the lobby it good and nice welcome drink. staff are friendly and nice very helpful it love them. However, breakfast is not good not variety of food has set in line buffet...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Thamrin A, IT & E-Commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Mr. Brown,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

On behalf of Swiss-Belhotel Manado team, i would like to extend our gratitude to have you stayed in our hotel.it is a great pleasure to hear that you have a good experience during your business trip in Manado. Regarding the breeakfast, we already increase the variety of menu to meet the tastes of guests.

Thank you very much for your time in Tripadvisor, we looking forward to welcoming you back in Manado.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

All the crews are very polite and helpful. They really try to fulfill all your needs.
I arrived around 11pm and have no problem checking in.
The room is tidy and clean, nothing to complain about.
Breakfast is OK, they have both local and western food.

Stayed for 2 nights on November 2012, traveled with family.
Would I go back here and recommend this hotel for everyone? Sure, absolutely.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Ms. Juliani,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

Representing Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado team, i would like to sincerely express our gratitude, for your credence to our property as a place to stay. it is a pleasant to know that you have a excellence experience during your stay with us. we would like to give our very best to meet every guest expectation.

Thank you very much for your time, to spend some minutes sharing your experience in Tripadvisor, we really appreciate that. And allow us to welcoming you back in Manado on your next trip. Have a great day.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I was upgraded to the executive room from a deluxe and the room is massive. Very nice and clean. The pool size is decent and the gym looked nice (I didn't get a chance to use the gym). Unfortunately the hot water is not hot enough. It's not a big deal since it's hot there anyway, but it's nice to have if you shower at night. I had problem with my credit card deposit, and when I called back (very late at 11 pm), even after I checked out, the manager assisted me with the process. Too bad I still have not gotten my deposit back. I am sure the problem is at my credit card company. The breakfast selection is great. The local food and the cheese croissant are amazing. If I have to go back for another business trip to Manado, I would totally go back to this hotel, but use cash for hotel deposit instead.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Blueplanettraveller,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

On behalf of Swiss-Belhotel Manado team, i would like to sincerely thank you for your stay with us. we will always give our best to fill what the guest need, preventing any inconvenience that you may experience, like our motto "OUR PRIORITY IS YOU". it is our commitment to always increase the quality of our service and product to meet guest expectation. it's a credit to us for your sharing experience in Tripadvisor, we really appreciate that.

Thank you very much for the attention. can't wait to welcoming you back in Manado.
Have a pleasant day.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The first impression as soon as we arrived at the hotel lobby I got was smoky. I was quite surprised to find out that smoking was still allowed at the lobby of an international hotel chain. Travelling with a four-month old baby, this was certainly not a healthy environment to be in.

Check-in process was quick and the bell boy was friendly and efficient. We got our suitcases delivered almost immediately after we got our room. The state of the room, however, was disappointing. The sheet had obviously not been replaced before our arrival - it was wrinkly and there were some dark spots on it. We asked housekeeping for a replacement and this was done without any hassle. Unfortunately, the replacement was just as dirty looking.

The towels were in pathetic conditions for a four-star hotel. They looked grey and old, some even had blood stains on them. If you can bring your own towel, especially for children/babies.

The air conditioning did not work on the first night. We called technicians a couple of times but little could be done that night although they showed real willingness to help. This situation was reversed on the second day of our stay so we could complain no further.

Apparently we stayed during "peak wedding season" in Indonesia. Within the four nights of our stay, there were a lot of groups of families attending weddings/special occasion. It caused the hotel hallways to be rather noisy at times, with people getting ready or going in and out of their rooms.

Staff was always friendly and eager to help. Breakfast selection is good. Location is excellent considering we visited Manado for a relative's wedding whose house is only 3 minutes away. I cannot comment more objectively on the location because during our stay we got driven around by relatives so it was quite convenient for us.

Would I stay at Swiss-Belhotel again? Yes, with reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's a bit far from the elevators to reduce noise and traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Jingga 18

Warmest Greetings from Manado

On behalf of my team, I'd like to extend our sincere gratitude that you have stayed in our hotel during your trip to Manado. My special thanks for your valuable feedback telling me your experience during your stay at my hotel.I do apologize for all bad experience that you had in my hotel and I ensure that I will take a prompt action to correct it. For your info that I have made my lobby free from cigarette smoke as it is non smoking area now. I also have made better maintenance on the AC by signing maintenance contract with the AC supplier. I do hope that they make better the quality of our products.

Kindly give me a chance to welcome you back in our hotel in Manado and I will personally ensure that you have a wonderful stay in my hotel.

Thank you for your attention and have a great weekend.

Elwas Suwarno

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed on the second time. First time few years ago, it was good , brand new and clean but this time it is an absolute disaster. First i was really annoyed that the rate i booked through booking.com site was 100% more expensive than the local rate at the same room type ( Deluxe room) as my Indonesian colleaque who stayed at the same hotel and same room type. I mean i don't mind if it is a bit more expensive than local rate, but come on !@ - 100% more , that is ridiculous !

The disaster begins after the first night, i got a big room on the 5th floor with queen size bed , and nice small living area but the air con can not be adjusted, and the shower in the room did not work properly - water pressure was really low because the lock knop to switch from tap in the tub to the shower did not lock tight. And the shower curtain could not prevent the water splash, so the toilet was so flooded everywhere on the floor.
I complained and try to change a new room after the first night, but then the hotel give me a much smaller room on the 6th floor as the same room type was fully booked, which the receptionist claim it was the small room given was the same rate. I knew it was a lie, as the room is so much smaller with no wifi internet. And the shower had the same problem, flooding everywhere after the shower. So i complained, and ask for a new room after the second night, and they promised to give me the same big room i had before, but no i did not get the same big room. The room is on the 8th floor, well it is not small as the room on the sixth floor i got, but not the same as the first room i got . The worst thing is the air con is not working properly on the two nights i stayed, and the internet is sucked. very slow. I just sick and tired of changing room so i gave up.

The breakfast room was small so during the morning you will have to compete to get available desk to sit down to eat. The food was ok, not good and really not much choice for non Indonesian . So if you are foreigner, don't expect to enjoy food here.

The gym was ok, with sufficient equipment free weights equipment but if you are looking lots of sky walkers, and others, don't expect that. The carpet was good, and the aircon was not working . They had to keep the door open.

The staff speak reasonable english but the service level is not international standard. The hotel facilities maintenance is difinitely a problem.

If you are looking for a nice comfortale stay, choose other hotels - there are better new hotels to choose from in Manado. And i don't expect to come back to this hotel any more in the future. It is terrible.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Mr. Sombatbkk

Warmest Greetings from Manado...

I was very sad to find your feedback but I do thank you that you have expressed your experience during your stay at our hotel in Manado. I do apologize for the such inconvenience and poor quality of our service rendered to you. I and management team take the case seriously to ensure that the situation will not occur in the future. I hope you will grant me a chance to serve you again in the future when I would like to meet you personally. If you visit Manado in the future, just drop me a call at 081328833100 and I will provide you the best room to stay.

Thank you for your attention and Looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Elwas

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Swiss BelHotel. We had a large room with a fantastic view over Manado city, the bay and the volcano (Manado Tua). The room was clean and bright and offered all amenities we required.
We ate twice in the Swiss Cafe and on both occasions both the food and the service was excellent. Breakfast was also served in the Swiss Cafe; there was plenty of selection to suit all palates and the service was again up to standard.
The reception staff were very helpful and processed our booking and check in efficiently, always with a smile.
Best of all was the size of the bill at check out, an absolute bargain. I know where we will be staying when we next visit Manado.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thamrin A, IT & E-Commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear Phillip H,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

On behalf of the Swiss-Belhotel Manado team, i would like to sincerely express our gratitude to have you stayed in our property. it seems that you have a most pleasant moment during your stay with us, and we are very delighted to have your sharing in tripadvisor. It is indeed our commitment to luxuriate our guest during their stay with us. We will increase the quality of our service and product to always meet the guest expectation.

Once again, Thank you very much for your time in tripadvisor. we are looking forward to welcoming you back in our property. Have a great day...