“Could not ask for more, best location!”

Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Manado
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My family and I just got back from our short trip from Manado, where we stayed at Swissbel. We arrived at midnight and the check in was fast, got an upgrade to a deluxe room, which was very convenient since we had toddlers with us. The room has a view of Manado bay and the swimming pool. Breakfast was tasty, all the traditional Manadonese breakfast is there. The staff was very friendly, we ask for plates and cutlery, it was delivered very fast. The last night we were there, I was packing until midnight and needed a screwdriver, it was also delivered to me in less than 5 minutes. So hats off to the staff. The location of the hotel is the best. The is a convenient store just opposite the hotel. The is a famous local coffee shop called 'rumah kopi Tikala' just 5 min walk. Try its 'srikaya toast' and creamy coffee. Also not far from there is Ananas restaurant, try their nasi goreng cakalang (fried rice with tuna) and fried bananas with roa(fish) sauce, very spicy though!
All in all we had a great time there.

• Stayed: July 2013
Thamrin A, IT & E-commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Febryna,

Warmest Greetings from Manado..

On behalf of Maleosan team, i would like to sincerely thank you for your stay with us. it is a delightful news that you enjoy your stay in our property. our commitment to make sure our guest always have a pleasant day during the stay. thank you very much for your time in Tripadvisor to share your experience.

we looking forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

4 stars and 'very good' is a little on the generous side, but 3 and 'average' looks a bit harsh. As a hotel in a less than upscale city, this one doesn't do badly. The rooms are fine and comfortable, if a little dark. The breakfast is ok, but the options are limited. The staff is generally nice, polite, and competent. In comparison to the rather run down environment with crowded messy potholed streets and dangerous sidewalks, the hotel is an oasis of relative perfection.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Helmut S

Dear Helmut,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado..

On behalf of Manado team, i would like to extend our gratitude to have you stayed in our property. we are appologize for any inconvenience that you may have experience during your stay with us. it is very kind of you to share your experience with us. for your information, we already increase the light intensity for our room, and add some more variety of food in our restaurant to meet the guest expectations.

We looking forward to welcoming you back in Manado. and again thank you very much for your time in Tripadvisor. have a nice day...

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights from 18-20 July 2013 on business trip. What was good about the hotel is the close proximity to my office and 2 good local restaurants.

What was bad?? Were given a room on the 6th floor, upon entering the room (at approx. 6pm) I heard loud music either from karaoke/lounge of the hotel or the adjacent building. Called the front desk to have me switched to another room and was told that all deluxe rooms are fully booked. However, they did upgrade me to superior rooms on the 8th floor at no charge after several "arguments".

The 8th floor room had a twin bed and quite big compared to other hotels. Thought everything was ok, but the first night I had to wear double blankets (from the twin beds) and cover my head as the air-con was blowing full speed and could not be turned off. I assumed the air con control was broken and told the front desk to fix it up the next day.

The second night, I entered the room at approx. 12am and the aircon was off -- at this point, again, I thought I would finally get a good night sleep. NOT! It was turned on automatically at 1230am, called the guest service (1st call that night) and they turned it off centrally. I specifically told them to leave it off until I checked out in the morning and surprise suprise it was again turned on at 3am. Had to wear double blankets and called the guest service for the SECOND time that night to turn it off and it did manage to stay off until morning. At 6AM, was woken up by a loud music coming from the speaker in the room, called the guest service for the THIRD time and they apologized for playing the "in-house" music too loud. They turned it off but in 5 mins, it was on again. At this point, I was already at my wits end and called the guest service for the FOURTH time to let me sleep peacefully!! Was told by the guest service that the hotel policy requires them to play the "in-house" music everyday at 6am!!

Just a note, I'm an avid traveller for both business and leisure domestically & internationally, have stayed at least at 20-30 different hotels, by far Swissbel Maleosan Manado is the worst. I'd have gotten a much better sleep at a motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mudpi3
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear Mr. Mudpi

Warmest greetings from Manado...

On behalf of my team, I'd like to express my sincere apology for the bad experience during your two nights stay at our property. I found that your feedback was very useful and I did investigation on our air-condition system to ensure that the such situation would not occur in the future.

Regarding the noise of the music sound, I found that it was coming the gym area where there was aerobic class on the third floor. I assumed that our staff missed to close the door of the aerobic room so that the noise coming up to the guest floors.

Once again, I do apologize for the bad night sleep and hope hope you will grant me another opportunity to serve you better in the future. I would like to meet you personally when you are in Manado. Please kindly drop me message when you come back to Manado in the other day.

Best Regards

Elwas Suwarno

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed from 8 - 13 Jul 2013 during my vacation. Centrally located, good local food is just around the corner (Rajawali & Raja Oci). Convenience store is just opposite. Breakfast is good, but for long stay guest may find limited variations (alternate between Nasi Kuning & Nasi Uduk). Room are OK and clean although showing wear and tear (in particular the bathroom). Free internet is a plus, unfortunate the wifi router in my room is not working. However, not a problem as other the signals from other rooms can be used. I have issue with the limited complimentary mineral water (limited to 2 small bottles per day). However after asking, the duty manager was very helpful to provide additional bottles. Overall quite happy with my stay. I have no problem recommending this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Thamrin A, IT & E-commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Edwin,

Warmest Greetings from Manado..

On behalf of Maleosan team, i would like to express our gratitude to have you stayed in our property. besides, i would like to appologize as well for any inconvenience that you may have experience during the stay. For your information, our chef already provide the variety of food for our breakfast, and our engineering team already done with the wear and tear issue.it's a honor for us to have you share your experience in Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for your time, we are looking forward to welcoming you and your colleague back in our property.

Our priority is you !

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well suited for the single traveller up to a family, excellent service in all areas. Breakfast is top notch and worth waking up for. We had a small issue regarding the internet , the mainenance officer came within 5 minutes so again excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2013
Thamrin A, IT & E-Commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Mr. HinniHansen,

Warmest greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Manado...

On behalf of Manado team, i would like to express our gratitude to have your stayed in our property. we really appreciate that you have rate our services as an excellent. it is our commitment to give the best of ours for the guest. such a honor to us to have you share your experience with us in Tripadvisor.

Again, thank you very much for your time, and we looking forward to welcoming you back in our property. Have a great day.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This was a great choice in Manado. Centrally located in Manado, the hotel staff speak great English, food for breakfast is brilliant, rooms very tastefully decorated and hotel itself it very nice indeed. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: For a little extra, go for the deluxe room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Thamrin A, IT & E-commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Maltese,

Warm Greatings from Manado...

On behalf of all the Manado team, i would like to sincerely thank you for your stay with us. it is very encouraging for us that you enjoyed our product and service during the stay. we always try to give our best for our value guest.

Thank you very much for your share experience, and we do hope that you will recommend our property to your friends & colleagues. we looking forward to welcoming you back in Manado.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

My dealings with Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado remain positive and overall I was more than satisfied by my experience at the hotel. The rooms provided were good quality.

We organized two international workshops at the venue. The workshops went smoothly and without issue. The staff was very friendly overall and ensured issues were addressed promptly.

I will like to point one staff member who was particularly helpful. Mr Gatot Prasetyo Aribowo was very helpful in arranging rooms for our participants, is a hard worker and very accommodating. He is dedicated and focused on his job and presents a very positive image of the hotel. He was a pleasure to work with.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Saqib,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

Representing the Manado team, i would like to sincerely express our gratitude to have you stayed in our hotel. it's a honor to us to have a such a positive feedback from your experience during the stay. it is our goal to make your moment with us such a pleasure. we strive to provide the best as possible to our guest.

it is very kind of you to share your experience with us in Tripadvisor. we looking forward to welcoming you back in our property. have a nice day.