Overall, great hotel with nice mountain and golf course view, long lap pool and the food was also good which includes local Manadonese food varieties. Some facilities we tried were the pool and bicycles which we rented at the hotel's lobby and rode around the area. It was great value for money since we got the upgraded to the suite room, complement from the hotel manager :). We stayed at one of the suites room on the ground floor. As it is a great hotel and the reception was equally great, it deserves inputs for improvements on the following:
- smelly linens and pillow cover on second night, however, we realized it too late since our kids already fell asleep on the linens and its was already very late at night. So, we had to wait for the next morning's room make up, but when got back to the room at the next night it was still the same smell. From the odor we guessed it was due to the fabrics not drying completely. Only after the next day's room make up we got the proper clean linens and pillow covers. Later we learnt, there was a problem with their drying machines.
- although the room setting from first glance was great with minimalist style interior decoration, after looking more closely we noted poor paint, electrical outlet and wall plastering works which were easily noticeable around the bedroom and bathroom area. Thought to get some picture of them but decided to leave them alone.
- the staffs presented themselves nicely, however, some need to learn to greet when they meet with hotel guests. We note this since we had traveled to some other tourist destinations and felt the hotel's lacking slightly by comparison;
- laundry staffs made minor mistakes by mistakenly wrote different room number for our clothes, which happened twice. Though at the end they managed to return all our clothes prior to our departure.
- the hotel has a spa which masseurs massaged quite well, however, they tend to whisper and joked around with each other during me and wife's couple massage session. So this was distracting, particularly, if we compare it to other destination hotels' spas where the staffs treated guests more professionally.
In summary, we enjoyed the stay and hope to see the improvement when we come back next year. Hope you enjoy it too if ever to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Center is 15 minutes from Sam Ratulangi International Airport and 20 minutes from city center. Nestled in 180 hectares of land. The hotel stylishly appointed rooms & suites embrace the splendid view of golf course and manicured garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Manado Hotel Manado