“isolated, slow service”

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Manado
Bangkok
“isolated, slow service”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Hard to get taxis from, service is very slow, wifi sometimes works. Have stayed a couple of times, always the same and the same excuses. Rides on the back of the gold course, convention center and being Accor, will stay in town next time.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Sintang, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

It was a memorable experience staying in this hotel. Start from the lobby to the room, the design is unique, it's unlike any other hotels which is just square setting. Surrounding by the golf course with a mountain view. Just perfect for our last day holiday in Manado, We can sit back and relax, hussle free, noise free from the streets. The room is spacious, the bedding is comfortable, although the sofa inside the room need to be cleaned up from stains, and the breakfast was great. And it is very near to airport, maybe only 5-10 minutes by taxi.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
RossGreenaway, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay, our facility and service. Hopefully next time you can join us for an extra day or two and relax longer...............

We are proud of the Breakfast here at Novotel Manado, glad you enjoyed that also.

The comment regarding the Sofa is appreciated and we will attend to that quickly.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel five times over the past few months.

PROS:
1. Close to the airport
2. Nice golf course
3. Nice rooms with good hot water
4. Internet in lobby is free, room you need a lan cable no wifi

CONS:
1. Service, service and more service. The employees seem lost at this hotel. When trying to order a simple drink they fail. When trying to order food by the pool they fail. Room service can take over an hour, and when your food arrives it's cold.

On our last visit they mention happy hour we said "great"! Until they brought the Bintang beer it was flat and nasty. Then we ordered food, can't make a simple club sandwich sorry they say. Order soup it took 35 minutes to come out.

It's clear to myself and my co-workers this hotel does not have enough staff to cover basic hotel needs. They are not trained in customer service. I have stayed at several Novotel hotels all over Indonesia and this is the worst one service wise. The GM needs to get more personally involved at this place.

I doubt we will be back. I would rather have great service with a lesser hotel.

Room Tip: Level one rooms you can go outside.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
RossGreenaway, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences at the Novotel Manado Golf Resort and Convention Centre. I am very happy to see that you scored so many of our facilities highly, and extremely disappointed that your experience with our Food & Beverage service did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Also, I am delighted to advise that as of November 1st all our Guest Rooms now have WiFi, as well as the Public Areas of the Resort

At Novotel Manado, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I would appreciate you letting me know when you are returning to Manado so we can possibly discuss your concerns in person.

Regards

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Need more attention for cleanliness, bathroom amenities, also quality and varieties of breakfast food. Also need some reparation of the plumbing. Nobody stands by at the front desk for local tourism guidance.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
RossGreenaway, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Hello and thanks for the comments. We are disapointed that you were not happy with the breakfast options here at Novotel Manado, we receive many great comments on the vast array of items both hot and cold - in fact known as the best Breakfast in Manado. Could you let me know what you were less then satisfied with?

The lobby Tour Desk is operated by a local Tour Company and it is open from 0800-1800 daily, outside of these hours our Receptionists are more then happy to guide and advise guests accordingly. I will pass on your comments to Minahasa Tours and discuss with them - they may review their hours of operation.

Vancouver
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed twice because of airport convenience and enjoyed both visits. Rooms were clean and quiet and the pool was large and lovely with an attendant. The restaurant food was good as was the more than ample breakfast buffet. The front desk was very helpful; we had some transport problems which were quickly seen to by Charles.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
NOVOTELManado, Executive Secretary at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 26 April 2016
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your great review and full score you have given use.We really appreciate it.
hope to see you back on us again on the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Executive Secretary
Batam, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Very easy access from and to airport. It's quiet and a bit secluded, away from city center, but we can easily travel around by taxi and rented car, to Manado city, Bunaken, Tomohon, etc. A pleasant and enjoyable stay for us.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I was in the hotel for three nights and would not recommend it unless being close to the airport is important. The service was substandard. I was not offered a welcome drink on arrival. Later that night I ordered chocolate cake through room service. After one hour it had not been delivered so I called room service again and was told the delay was due to the restaurant being very busy. I cancelled the order, but thirty minutes later, after I had gone to sleep, the food arrived. I ordered a taxi one afternoon and waited in my room as instructed for 30 minutes until the desk called to say my taxi had arrived. I went immediately to the lobby only to find that somebody else took my taxi. The staff apologized and said it was difficult for them to tell the other person that the taxi was reserved for me. I sat in the lobby another 30 minutes waiting on a second taxi. The one morning I did not have to wake up early, the phone rang at 5:55 with a call from the desk asking if I had ordered a 6:00 am taxi to the airport, which I had not. The desk staff insisted I had because my room number was recorded with the order. I wonder who ended up having difficulty finding their taxi. I had a ground floor room with a door opening onto a patio. The door is usually covered by a curtain, but I saw it on arrival when I was checking the room. I did not open the door. But, when I woke up my second morning in the hotel, I opened the curtain looking for some light (the rooms are very dark), I found the door open -- not unlocked, but open about 50 cent! Anybody could have walked in during the night. Fortunately I did not find anything missing.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
RossGreenaway, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you very much for the constructive feedback about the Chocolate Cake order and the Taxi problem, we have addressed the Cake delivery issue and reviewed our services. The taxi company servicing our Resort has also been informed of the relevant information and concerns.

With great respect to you we do believe you may have left the Terrace Door ajar when retiring for the night.