“Strategic Location”

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Manado
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Strategic Location”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I had an event at this hotel and I think this is the most reachable hotel in Manado, although still quite far from shopping district but for a big scale conference it is good. My client was happy and I am looking forward to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Madam,
Thank you for your review and assessment of our product and services.
We are pleased to see that you are looking forward to returning to Novotel Manado and we will be happy to welcoming you back.
Stephane Fagez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The hotel facilities is good for relax and enjoying ourselves before we continue our journey. The service is poor because we have to explain what we want many times to the staff and it is take too long before they delivered their services.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Rrhardiman
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Dear Rrhardiman,
Many thanks for your review. Please accept our apologies for the poor service you received during your stay.
I can confirm that we are in the process of training all of our staff to make them more aware of the importance of delivering better service to our customer. We also making extra efforts to develop professional skills at all levels of the organisation.
I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Reviewed 11 March 2013

The rooms are new and clean, the bed is comfortable and the surroundings are very nice. While the staff is friendly and provide assistance with everything, the service in the bar and restaurant is terribly slow. Even, when there are very few other guests around. There is room for improvement here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your review. Please accept our apologies for the slow service you experienced during your stay.
Improving customer service and developing professionalism in our restaurant and bar is one of my top priorities and I hope you will give us a chance to serve you better in the future.
Reviewed 9 March 2013

i choose this hotel mainly because of my le accor membership and this is the only hotel in manado who affiliate with le accor.

the view? amazing.. the best view i ever had, the food? it's good. and now the bad parts.

1. parking lot, terribly far away.. they not allowed you to park near the lobby. you have to walk like 100-150 meters (imagine when it's rainy). the problem solved if you use taxi/cab.

2. the bathroom: i was surprised that the bathroom feels like not maintained for a long time, bit dirty in my opinion for novotel.

3. mini-bar: upon check out, they charge me more than what i took. i know, it's small money (they claim another chocolate bar) but i don't like to be cheated.

for me, i will never ever again choose this hotel when i'm back at manado (which is my hometown) before they do massive improvements. my office offer me to extend the stay but i simply refuse and ask them to book me another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Sir,
Many thanks for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the view and the food and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I can confirm that you have been compensated for the mini-bar over charge as I processed it when you brought the matter to my attention. please contact me directly should this not be the case.
I sincerely hope you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future so you can check on our improvements with bathroom maintenance.
Please feel free to ask for our complimentary valet service to park your car upon you next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Manado.
Reviewed 1 March 2013

During the survey time to this hotel on January we did not received any hospitality as usually offered by other hotel if we want to make use it ballroom for a function...not even an offered to drinking water... I experienced so many different hospitality from many different hotel in several provinces in Indonesia but not this hotel... I think the hotel management have to provide more training to its staff and executive how to deal with client... I got help from different staff related to the use of business center when I need to print and make copy of my docs that is good... but it is different experience when we use the Grand Kawanua Ballroom, the sound system went wrong when we use it... we missed almost 30minutes from the its discussion schedule....

Room Tip: I asked for a room at the same floor with the lobby, the reception provided it...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chelsia3weeksmom
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Ibu Chelsia,

Many thanks for your business and valuable feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I can assure you that we have learned from the unfortunate incident that affected your meeting to allow us be better prepared in the future.

As a newly appointed manager, I also recognise the need to improve professionalism at the hotel, and I can assure you of my personal commitment to training and staff development.

We sincerely hope to get a chance to welcoming you back to Manado.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I can only say positives about this hotel. It is excellent value for the money. The room was beautiful, modern, everything was in working order, linens were crisp & clean, bathroom immaculate, beds comfortable. Room service is a bit pricey, but we appreciated that it was offered after a long day.
Will stay here again on future dive trips!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
GM_NovotelManado, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manado.

I have passed your comments to the team and I can assure you that it did put a smile on their face.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Manado on your next dive trip.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We had stayed twice in this hotel, first Dec 2011 in Deluxe Junior suite which offer separate bedroom and living room. The second we picked deluxe room and both are great room. We enjoyed the superb big outdoor like park and pool where my toddler can have fun.

The cons only they provide room service very limited and restaurant itself offer very average quality food compared to the price. The hotel is very near to the airport, but not in the middle of city, so you need to prepare the vehicle to get around city or pick a taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
NOVOTELManado, Executive Secretary at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 26 April 2016
Dear Jose,

Thank you for your amazing feedback and score.
We have improved out menu for a more variable taste, so we would be really happy to welcome you again with many improvements that we have done.

Warmest Regards,