“Extended Stay for Business”
Review of Aston Manado Hotel

Aston Manado Hotel
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Manado
Manado
“Extended Stay for Business”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Aston Manado for five weeks. My wife has already provided a review from her point of view, so I will concentrate on the issues that are the most significant to a businessperson.

To me, one of the most important considerations is the reliability of the internet. I had heard from colleagues that interruptions in internet service in Manado occur frequently. Indeed, during the day when I am visiting clients their internet often goes down. However, I have been very pleased with the wifi service at the Aston. It is much more dependable than other places in Manado and when interruptions occur, they are relatively brief. I use the internet for several hours every evening at the Aston and am always able to get my work done.

Although I travel with my laptop, I rely on the Business Centre at the hotel for printing services. The Aston Business Centre is located right beside the front desk. If the Business Centre is not open when you need it, the front desk staff will cheerfully open it for you. The equipment works well and I am always pleased with the quality of the printing.

A gym may not be imporant to everyone, but it is a major attraction for me. The gym at the Aston is better than any that I have seen at other hotels in Manado. The equipment is not fancy, but it is in good repair. There are enough machines that I rarely have to wait.

I have been very pleased with the Aston administration. Before we selected our hotel for our visit to Manado, we contacted several of the options that looked the most appealing. Ms. Menly, at the Aston, always responded quickly to our questions and provided complete answers. When we arrived, we received everything that we had been promised, and more. We pay our bill weekly and the invoice is always accurate and easy to underestand.

When you have an extended stay at a hotel, you can become bored with the food. There is such a wide selection at the Aston, that my problem is not becoming bored, but being tempted to try too many of the options. It is a good thing that there is a gym!

The Aston is conveniently located in downtown Manado. It is within walking distance to most of the shopping and many restaurants.

The best aspect of the Aston is the staff. If you need a haircut, they will recommend a barber and even provide a driver to take you there. If you need a couple of pies for a Thanksgiving dinner, the kitchen staff will bake them for you. Whatever you want or need, the Aston staff do their best to help you.

Special thanks to the GM, Mr, Bobby, and to Calvin, Front Desk manager, and to Amurudin, Executive Chef, and to all of their staff for making our stay so enjoyable. We recommend the Aston highly and will definitely stay here on our next visit to Manado.

Room Tip: Be specific when looking for smoking or non-smoking. Some rooms have an ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Mr. Steve L.

TABEA..........................Warm greetings from ASTON Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Aston Manado on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us, and enjoyed using our hotel facilities, such as our business center, fitness and also wifi speed to support your business need. We take pleasure in taking care of our guests, as our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by making a difference in the lives of the people we touch every day.

We are all here very glad to have you stay with us at Aston Manado and we will always try hard to make your stay unforgettable memories.

I will share your great comments within the team member, I do believe our associates will be happy to know that you enjoyed stay with us.
Once again thank you for your comments, we look forward to serve you better at the future.

With best regards
www.astonmanado.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have been at the Aston for about a month now. Husband is on business and we will be staying for about another month. Anyone requiring extended business or travel for pleasure services and accommodations, the Aston I highly recommend.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, and the service is excellent right down from the GM Mr. Bobby to all other departments. Mr. Bobby ensures that your requirements are meant with great service and genuine concern. The staff have genuinely gone out of their way to ensure that all are needs are meant. The level of service here some western hotels could take lessons from.

Special mention here for the staff I encounter daily.
Calvin, front desk manager. He takes care of anything from drivers , tours, and any other needs you may have.

Our laundry needs are taken care of daily by a wonderful staff Merlyn, and our room cleaned daily by another wonder staff Nukul.

Breakfast is always a treat with Mario ensuring that all is done with great service in mind.

There are many others that have contributed to our pleasant stay here.

Breakfast offers traditional Indonesian cuisine as well as a good variety of western style dishes. And if you need any special diet, they will go beyond what is required to ensure you are taken care of. They certainly treat you as family here.

The hotel is within walking distance to shopping and the hotel offers free shuttle service to the upscale malls in the area. The gym here has all you need for your work outs.

There are more expensive hotels in the area, but why go there, when you can have it all here for a reasonable rate.

Thank you everyone at the Aston Manado

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Kip L
Tabea…………………..Warmest Greetings from Aston Manado!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and being with us as our beloved long stay guest and it is great to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities.
Highly appreciate your kind comments in Trip Advisor.
I am happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Aston Manado a pleasant and memorable one.
Our team is truly delighted to read your comments on your stay at our hotel and I have passed on your comments to our associates.
We hope that we will always be able to give the best service consistently and contribute your great experiences along you stay with us at Aston Manado.
Once again, thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor and wishing you and your husband all the best.

Best wishes,
www.astonmando.com
Lidzbark Warminski, Poland
Reviewed 18 October 2013

First we stayed for one night and after snorkelling near Bunaken we didn't even have a tiny thought of staying in another hotel in Manado. The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. For breakfast every member of our group (10 people) could easily find something for himself or herself - great choice of continental and domestic dishes. Only the Internet was a bit slow or there were problems with transmission. I strongly recommend the Aston Manado Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Ewa_Z_ Polski.

Tabea………………….Warmest Greetings from Aston Manado!

We sincerely thank you for your great review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast and service quality that is very much appreciated. We are very happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us. More our concern is about wifi connection on your comments and we are sorry for inconvenience. We will immediately share your comment to IT Manager and will take an action necessary to avoid same problem in the future.

Once again thank you very much for your great review and positive comments.

On behalf of the Aston Manado team, I look forward to welcoming you back at Aston Manado in the near future.

Kind Regards,
www.astonmando.com
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have been twice in Aston Manado hotel and from the very first moment we have been treated as the kinds of Manado. Recepcionist head manager, Mr Calvin and all his team have been there every single moment to make our stay in Manado Unforgettable. Free transfers services around the city has been provided in every moment automaticly, the very best breakfast in Indonesia it is served here every morning. Rooms are confortable and very well arrenged. All this and the very helpfull and friendly staff make this place a very heaven in Manado. Thank you very much!!!!

Room Tip: Superior are very nice and chipper
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Julian 1978

Thank You very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Aston Manado on tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experiences with us. We take pleasure in taking care our guests, as our goal is to provide service by heart and making a difference way of touch in providing service. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back at Aston Manado in the near future.

Best regards,
Sydney
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We came to this hotel after a bad experience with another hotel. Calvin at reception sent a free car from our other hotel, and from the start the service was very warm. The breakfast was great! When we asked for a recipe to one of the breakfast dishes, the executive chef came out with a handwritten recipe and gave us his personal contact details in case we wanted other recipes or had any other questions. At breakfast, everyone addressed us by name and was very attentive, but not overly so. Sure, the room wasn't perfect, but the warmth of the service more than made up for it. There is no question where we would stay next time we come to Manado. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Jeremynight.

Tabea..............warmest greeting from Aston Manado.

It is very nice having both of you stay with us.
Thank you very much for the nice review about our services, We are pleased that you found our breakfast menu were fantastic and enjoyed our services. We do our service with heart, our associates enjoyed their job and will always try hard to making our customer feel at their own home when stay with us. I will convey your review to our Chef and team member.
Once again thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experiences in tripadvisor. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Manado at the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

When I attended national seminar in Manado, I stayed at this hotel based on my sponsor recommendation. First impression about this hotel was good and quite exotic. But when I entered the room lobby and bedroom, the scent of moist and just newly furnished came out and made me not so comfortable with it. The bed was very average if I didn't want to say very old-style. Several bathroom equipments weren't functioning properly. But the worst of it was its breakfast cuisine. I understand that they wanted to give local cuisine for their customer but it didn't in the right time and place that made me have to go restaurant outside to have decent breakfast. Despite of cozy cafe in the night but still its cuisine made me not very happy and have to go back to my room for killing the time. The spa employees were good but its room very terrible because it used hotel room so it was like rented room due to hotel didn't have special counter for it. One conclusion for all experiences was disappointing. Hopefully this hotel will upgrade all of it so it will be the same other hotel in their group.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Pelupessy,

Tabea................warmest greeting from Aston Manado.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review in TripAdvisor. I apologize for your inconvenience during your stay with us. All detail comments will take seriously and bring into our concern for improvement. Once again thank you for your review and staying with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at the near future.

Yours sincerely
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 22/08 through 25/08 for a conference. My second night was totally screwed up, because one of my neighbors just next to my room was so noisy. There were a lot of guests come in and out, knocking the door, and making loud noises that can be heard through my room. I peep from the door viewer, then I could saw those people, young men and women, passing through the room. And one men wearing only pants knocking the door trying to get in that room, surely made a troublesome noise for me. Then eventually at around 12 pm - 1 am, they were gone... I could fell asleep at last.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paulus S
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Mr. Paulus S.

Tabea..................Warmest greeting from Aston Manado.

Thank you for your review through tripadvisor and apologize for the disruption of the other guests were making noise. This will be a valuable input for the future so we will always keep comfort for our customers. I already share your review to whole team member and will make sure that the guest comfort is our commitment to be delivered.
Once again thank you for choosing to stay at Aston Manado.
Please feel free to contact me at gm@astonmanado.com if there is input and other suggestions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Manado in the near future.

Yours sincerely,