“a nice traveller and business hotel”
Review of Aston Manado Hotel

Aston Manado Hotel
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Manado
Reviewed 18 March 2014

nice and clean rooms, big enough for family.
have small Gym to exercise, with quite decent equipments

food is Great ! quite a wide selection including several local signature dishes like yellow rice and manado porridge

the live music at night if nice, good singer....forgot her name...the place is nice to have a chat and drink.

well English speaking staffs, and very helpful. you can get assistance from hotel if wanna go Bunaken too....

ow...special appreciation to the humble and friendly hotel GM

wellldone Aston manado team

Room Tip: all room are almost the same i suppose...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tonylimz
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Tonylimz,

Tabea...............warm greeting from Aston Manado!

I am glad to know that you've had such a lovely time at Aston Manado, enjoying our hotel facilities and our hospitality.
I am also delighted to learn that you have been impressed by the level of service our associates have provided you. I have passed on the message to them and they are personally thankful and highly appreciates your comments, which we believe it would motivate us higher to bring an impeccable service level to our valued guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back and enjoy another wonderful experience with us at Aston Manado.

best wishes,
www.astonmanado.com

There are newer reviews for Aston Manado Hotel

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Aston while visiting manado for 6 days. The hotel is pretty well maintained. Management is very attentive and came to see us every day at breakfast to check everything was ok. Breakfast itself is very comprehensive Asian style breakfast buffet. The food is good and changes daily. One day when the manager saw I wasn't eating (I just wasn't hungry) he came and offered that if I don't like the food today the kitchen will make me anything so long as they have the ingredients. That's pretty good service.

The location is pretty central but it's a bit of a drive to the dive resorts servicing Bunaken marine park.

Green garden restaurant is walking distance away and the food is worth the walk. We enjoyed the bbq pork.

The only criticisms for the hotel is that the WiFi was temperamental and smoke from the smokers would get to our breakfast table in the non-smoking section.

Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Noy G
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Noy G

Tabea........................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

It is our greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your stay at Aston Manado and that our service and facilities exceed your expectations. Our guest satisfaction is our top priority and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.
I am very sorry for inconvenience about Wi-Fi and already addressed to our It department.
We will take seriously action to work on that to avoid at the future.

I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back and enjoy another wonderful experiences with us at Aston Manado.

yours sincerely,
www.astonmanado.com

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I choose this hotel based on the review on Tripadvisor, and like had been said, the service in this hotel is superb. The staff always greet us friendly every time and very helpful. They also upgraded our room to deluxe with a view to the beach. Well, too bad there are no swimming pool facilities in here.

What surprise me the most, at the breakfast buffet they served Manado cuisine such as the porridge and yellow rice. It was quite nice because we don't have a lot of time to have this kind of food by our own.

By the way, the WiFi connection is not as good as it's said, although our room near the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view to the beach
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank aliarahadi
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Aliarahadi

Tabea..................Warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Aston Manado hotel and taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to note that you were happy with food, facilities, services and your overall experiences was exceed your expectation. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, however it is always be part of our commitment to make our customer stay became a memorable one.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at Aston Manado in the near future.

yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I just stayed one night, but had a great experience. Service was excellent, and they upgraded me to a suite when I arrived, which was a nice surprise. Breakfast was great, lots of Western and Indonesian options. The price was very comparable to other hotels in the area. There are cheaper options, but Aston was well worth the slightly higher price considering what I got for my money.

WiFi was also good - strong signal and fast connection.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt M
Natalia P, Executive Secretary at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Tabea

Warm Greetings From Aston Manado Hotel.

Dear Matt.M

On behalf of the management, I would like to thank you for your compliments towards us at this site. It is our pleasure to give the best service to our guests. We're surely hopping to welcome you again at Aston Manado Hotel and wish you success. Regards.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

we spent 9 nights in total in this hotel..
the first time it was great and the second time even better
firts we got a room at the 9e floor, but the wifi was weak there.
then the offered us a upgrade on the 6e floor. it was amazing, very big sleepingroom, sitting room and 2 bathrooms.
the staff is very friendly and helpfull. especially mister bobby and the driver we had to this minahasa trip, his name is ivan.
nice breakfast too, and free airportservice. really nothing to complain.

Room Tip: when you need fast wifi ask for the 6e floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Natalia P, Executive Secretary at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Warm Greetings From Aston Manado Hotel

Dear Mieke-G15.

We are so happy to know that you have a delightful moment of heartfelt service during your stay at Aston Manado Hotel. We are sorry to know that you faced slow internet connection, but we will make sure, it will not happen again to other guests. Your compliments to our associates will be noticed and wishing you to come again at our hotel. Regards.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I went to Manado (first time experienced) to run my office event. We have booked Aston Manado's Ballroom, as well as the room for us to stay, but then I extend for two more days.

Aston Manado Hotel has a stunning service. I can even say that was the best service I had among the trip I have been done.

Thumbs up to Mr Bobby - The General Manager who has developed such a nice hotel atmosphere and great skill of staff.

And I would like to give special thanks to:

1. Mr Lison and Ms. Cindy (forgive me if I write the wrong spelling name) who had given me and my colleagues a good service in Ballroom.

2. Mr Divi - The Pianist for your stunning jazz performance. Before I saw your performance, I planned to have dinner outside of the hotel but then I know I just have to go to Hotel lounge to get a nice dinner in a cozy place and a very nice live music.

3. Staff in Vanilla restaurants: Mr. Amiruddin - The Chef. I love your Tinotuan! I even ate your Tinotuan for four days in a row without trying other breakfast menu because I just cannot get enough of your Tinotuan. Ms. Ekin and Ms. Merry - two beautiful ladies in Vanilla restaurant, thank you for your great service (I even took a picture with Ms. Ekin to show my friends that Aston Manado has a staff with a supermodel look alike).

4. Mr. Fathan. This one is the best staff in Aston Manado. He took me for a Minahasa tour. Only one day, but I feel like he is my brother already. He was very polite, yet very friendly, and he was going an extra mile of the services. From him, I know a lot about Manado historical stories, the people habits, the culture, and traditional food&beverages. Also thank you for the nice pictures you have taken for me during the tour, I managed to make my friends envy!

5. Mr. Enal - room service dept is very professional, friendly and very polite. Thank you for nice conversation, and information about Bahasa Manado vocabularies, and thank you for telling me about Aston Manado year end party, I will surely try to join!

6. Mr. Calvin - front office, thank you for patiently took care of my check out process.

And I would like to give Aston Manado Hotel a few critics as well....

1. My check out process had a little bit inconvenient because the staff did not get information about the down payment we have paid. Maybe there should have a better coordination with the sales department (we have handled by Ms. Tirza from Sales Department).

2. The water in the room is not so clean, sometimes it was yellowish. I had checked to other rooms where my colleagues stayed and they said the same way.

But overall Aston Manado is clean, nice, and friendly! I am craving out to be back again! Thank you Mr. Bobby and team :-)

Room Tip: 10th floor is the best with a view of Bunaken and Pulau Manado Tua
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Warm Greetings From Aston Manado Hotel,

Dear JessicaRamadhani.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience during check out caused by miss-communication with your down payment, also on water quality. I will personally see these are corrected so other guests will not experience the same situation. We can assure you of our commitment to improve our communication and the quality of water and we hope to welcome back to Aston Manado Hotel in the near future so you can check on our progress.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is our first time staying at Aston City Hotel and visiting Manado.

Lobby was elaborately decorated with the Chinese New Year theme which felt refreshing, at the same time, greeted by the warm and friendly smiles from the service staff.

Location of the hotel is good as it's within walking distance to the shopping malls. It's approximately 10-15min drive to the pier to Bunaken Island. (depending on the traffic conditions).

The rooms & toliets were comfortable, clean and tidy with amenities provided.

Hotel shuttle-bus service is available at designated times to major shopping malls.

The food was good and we experienced the warm hospitality from the Food & Beverage team with Amirudin, Merry, Immanuela and many more...

We would like to commend Calvin and his team for giving us an overwhelming experience during our stay. Reason being that our family arranged for a city-tour and a visit to some of the nearby towns. Upon the arrival of the car and guide cum driver, Calvin informed us that the guide cum driver was unable to speak English. Hence, he assigned two staff to take us around; a guide and driver:- Brigita and Fathan respectively. Mitha was our guide on the second day. Hence, we were accompanied by Aston's staff throughout our tours and it was a smooth and enjoyable experience.

Great place to chill-out and look forward to return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear TheWufamily

Warm Greetings from Aston Manado!

I am delighted to learn that you have been impressed by our facilities and the level of service our associates have provided you during your visit to Manado. I have passed on the message to them and they are personally thankful and highly appreciate your comment, which we believe it would motivate us higher to bring an impeccable service level to our valued guests.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Manado in the future

Yours sincerely