“Best Hotel in Manado”
Review of Aston Manado Hotel

Aston Manado Hotel
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Manado
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I frequently go to Manado for business trips and I always stay at this hotel. The hotel always makes me feel welcomed and comfortable.
The hotel is located right in city centre. Rooms are kept nice and clean. Breakfast was also great. But what impressed me the most is the level of service. I have been to many hotels around the world and there are not many where all the staffs (including the General Manager) were all smiles and tried their best to make your stay enjoyable. How often would you see a General Manager (Mr. Bobby) greeting guests and even helping out during breakfast peak hour. Two thumbs up to Mr Bobby, Mr Kelvin and all their team

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sid B
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Sid B

Tabea....................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful experiences during your stay with us on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and were pleased with our facilities and services.
Guest satisfaction is our top priority. I will definitely pass on your compliments to our associates, so that they may - be recognized for their efforts.
Once again thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Manado in the near future.

Aston Manado .

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed in the Aston Manado for 2 weeks on a business trip. I have rarely been in a hotel where people tried so hard to please and where so friendly as here, I honestly felt very much at home and treated like a VIP! Everybody went out of their ways to make the stay better and more enjoyable. I was even photographed in the lobby one morning while waiting for my driver and found, upon my return in the evening, a framed picture of myself with thanx from the hotel for staying there. The room on the 9th floor was spacious with a nice view towards the ocean. The bed was very comfortable. Cleanliness in the room was good, also a nice touch is the free tea/coffee facility and the 2 bottles of free water per day. Improvable would be the hot/cold water in the shower, some clients I overheard talking about having only cold water, while I only had hot water during my stay. Also the place mats in the breakfast room/restaurant have not been changed once during the 2 weeks despite very obvious stains. The Manado offers free albeit weak WiFi in the room, unfortunately the SAT TV does not have any international news stations but gives access, with permanent “snow-storms” on the screen, to some English HBO movies. Unfortuntately no pool. Should I return to Manado, I would definitely try to stay there again. Thanx to the hotel team and management for the pleasant time.

Room Tip: higher floors facing towards the ocean, traffic noise but exceptional sunsets over the volcano
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Kher P

Tabea.......................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aston Manado, I would like to thank you for staying with us and writing a review on TripAdvisor.

We are all very happy to learn that you enjoyed our services along 2 weeks stayed with us and also the comfortable room with its view facing the ocean. It is truly encouraging that your appreciated the professional and friendly services delivered by our associates.

I will look into your comment on the cold and hot water of shower, TV channel and cleanliness of placed mat at our restaurant. I assure you , if you visit us again all the things mentioned has been addressed seriously to shown you that our aim to exceed your expectations. The guest satisfaction is our top priority.

The entire team at Aston Manado is looking forward to welcoming you back in the future to experiences more.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Spent ten days here for business meetings. The room was comfortable and roomy enough, with a nice view of the ocean and islands.
The staff are very friendly, and from day one were greeting me by name. English is a struggle for most of the wait staff and front desk. It was usually possible to find someone who could help.
Breakfast was included, and had a variety of Indonesian dishes as well as an omelette bar. I tried some of the Indonesia dishes at breakfast, but the meat and fish were always leftovers and overcooked.
We used a conference room for most of the weekdays, and were very satisfied with the facilities. Lunch was included, and was entirely Indonesian, with good variety (although each day was mostly a repeat). Again the fish and chicken were overcooked and tough, but otherwise we enjoyed the food.
Internet was free and fairly reliable, but not good enough for even low bandwidth video.
Location is downtown, within walking distance of department stores and all kinds of shopping, as well as restaurants.
Staff likes: Brigitta was the most helpful problem solver.
I would be willing to return on my next trip.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear GeorgeI18N

Tabea.......................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aston Manado, I would like to thank you for staying with us and write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are all very happy to learn that you enjoyed the location of the hotel in the strategy district business, the meeting facilities with its food and also comfortable room with its view facing the island and ocean. It is truly encouraging that your appreciated the professional and friendly services delivered by our associates.

I and training department taken a note and action seriously on how to improve wait staff English.

Best wishes

Reviewed 15 April 2014

You can find some quite place to get rest for bussines trip here. Location in mid of the town, easily to get you anywhere in town. And if you do stay at aston, you may find Ester for your help advisor, she's really nice and in my experience she treated me with excellent manner.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Okids
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Okids

Tabea.................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Aston Manado on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and were pleased with our services and facilities. Guest satisfaction is our top priority.
Our location is in the heart of the business district and very strategic as you mentioned and easy to reach any direction for both of business and tourism .
Once again thank you very much for staying with us and compliments. I and team looking forward to welcoming you back at Aston Manado in the near future

best wishes,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is a lovely hotel property stuck back away from the water on what feels like a side street to me.
The people are very personable and courteous. They epitomize the Indonesian culture (IMHO) by trying to provide the best service they can. I have been here for just 2 days of a 10 day stay and if I've been asked my name once I've been asked a dozen times. Very friendly people.
I had a problem with the hot water in my room and everyone of the staff were aware of my problem. I was asked by several staff if everything was to my satisfaction.
The Breakfast is pretty typical with the Indonesian fare and the western (omelets, beef sausage, etc.). Not stellar but tasty.
Lunch has been from the buffet both days. First day the food was a little cool but after answering the question "How was everything" the second day was more to temperature. The choice for lunch was pretty good both days with a beef, chicken and fish dish and noodles. The soup was superb both days. Today's was an asparagus egg drop that was delicious.
Dinner off the menu was Australian Beef Tenderloin in black pepper sauce with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The steak was absolutely the best I've had in months. I started with a chicken soup that was very tasty.
All in all, your best choice is off the menu as the buffet doesn't have as much to choose from.
I think this place is a keeper!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim W
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Jim W

Tabea......................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience during your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and were pleased with our food and services.
Guest satisfaction is our top priority I will definitely pass on your comments to our associates, so that they may - be recognized for their effort.
We apologize for the inconvenience of the hot water problem, we will try to be more concerned to do room checking to make sure all are work properly.

best wishes,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a good hotel for either holidays or business. The location of the hotel is very central, with easy access to most of the shopping Malls, shops, restaurants, .....etc. Lots of taxis around. The mini taxi (for public) are aplenty and near by. The rooms are well kept with coffee maker and supply of tea and coffee bags. There is Wi-Fi in the room, and free computer usage in the business centre. There is also a gym and spas, which provides various types of treatments. The breakfast is good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Good value for the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor. get up either early in the morning to view the sun-rise or late evening...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 313globetrotter

Dear 313globetrotter

Tabea....................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I sincerely thank you for your great review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. Thank you for high lighting our strategic hotel location, quality services and products, that is very much appreciated.
I am very happy that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.
I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit and to welcoming you back at Aston Manado.

best wishes

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Today (April 7) we arrived at the Aston Hotel in Manado. We had a warm welcome with a cold drink and refreshment towel. The check in took no longer than a few minutes.

We got a room at the 9th floor with ocean view, but there were big fans running due to maintenance at the carpet. The fans were making a lot of noise, but anyway we didn't hear them as loud in our the standard room. After we went into Manado and came back in the hotel the TV was not working.

We mentioned the to problems at the front desk. The offered solution was that we got an up- grade to another room at the 6th floor, no fans and the TV was working fine.

The food, drinks and service in the restaurant are excellent, with special thanks to Amelia ;-)

Ralph & Silvia

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rao800
Bobby S, General Manager at Aston Manado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Ralph and Silvia

Tabea.......................warm greeting from Aston Manado!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Aston Manado on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, our food and services. We apologize for the inconvenience from the blower noise, we will try to be more concerned to the timing of our maintenance in the future.
Once again thank you very much for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Aston Manado.