“Just as good as their other Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Two Fish Divers Lembeh

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manado
Two Fish Divers Lembeh
London, United Kingdom
“Just as good as their other Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is the other site for Two Fish (with Bunaken). The cabanas are spacious and clean, the food is good, the people working there are friendly and helpful. And of course the diving is amazing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Two Fish Divers is a very well organized set-up on the whole. They will collect from the airport in Manado and either take you to the wharf for the boat ride to the island or take you to a hotel of your choice in town if it is late. Lembeh Wharf is a bit of an experience but, once away from there and across to the resort, it becomes a lot more laid back. The new cottages are really nice, even the ones up on the hill. Occasionally jungle critters come to share it with you but they soon scuttle away. Diving equipment looked to be good. I had my own as did most people there with me the week I stayed. Breakfast is help yourself and there is an honesty box for drinks. Other meals were fine and there was something different every time. The diving is excellent. Muck diving is different and those coming from Manado and Palau Bunaken with its deep blue and walls might not find it quite so interesting. A week here will sharpen your skills at spotting some of the most unusual creatures on earth so it is not to be missed. You can do up to four dives a day if you include the night dives. As for Two Fish on Bunaken, the more you dive the cheaper it is. Many people return and I can see why. Book well in advance. Just turn up and you are likely to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Only take the budget rooms if you absolutely have to. Bathrooms for them are outside so a bit inconv...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MasafiOne
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I went to Lembeh for the diving and we got it! The guides were great (thanks Fenli), the sites were great and we saw everything we wanted to. The only downside was that being in the minority of divers that don't smoke, we sometimes found it hard to avoid second hand smoke on the boats.

We were very well taken care of when not diving; the food was fantastic and we were more than comfortable in the rooms. There's no need for air conditioning in Lembehas it is much cooler than other parts of Indo.

Thanks to Matt and Dani for a wonderful trip.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Spend 7nights at Lembeh and one night at Bunaken with Two Fish Divers. Had wonderful dive experience with the excellent dive guide. Almost saw all creatures on my Lembeh wish list, I can't ask for more. The resort service are really nice. It's well managed and organized. The room is comfy and clean. Food was delicious and all ppl were very nice and helpful. Really enjoyed! Thanks!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at both lembeh and Bunaken. Had previously stayed in very budget accomadation so this seemed luxury!! Couldn't fault anything. Lovely bungalows, lovely staff, good food, good diving. The food in two fish Bunaken better than two fish lembeh. For me the diving better in lembeh than Bunaken, but I love critters! Especially loved the presentations that brendon in Bunaken would do some evenings, he is very passionate and an amazing instructor.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Leanneblacklock
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

In late January/early February my wife and I stayed at Two Fish Lembeh for 7 nights.

We're both experienced divers (200+ dives) and it takes quite a lot to impress us underwater these days. The diving at Lembeh left us speechless on many occassions, for all the right reasons.

We had spent the previous week at Two Fish Bunaken and were hoping for the same standard of accomodation and service. We were not disappointed, receiving an equally warm welcome and the same high standards. The only difference is that there is nothing outside of the resort, except jungle. There is no village to walk to, so this is not a place for non divers.

We stayed in a Superior Cottage. We had an en-suite bathroom, double and single bed, veranda with hammock, tea and coffee making facilities. All was very clean, with towels changed every two to three days. The food in the resort is local and very tasty. There is a choice of a fish and a vegetarian dish at lunchtime and in the evening there would be a choice of either a meat or fish dish and a vegetarian dish. Tea, coffee and water is always freely available, with soft drinks and alcohol available for purchase.

Now for the diving .................
Apart from the house reef, which we did not dive, all the diving is from boats, with most of the dive sites being within a 20 minute boat ride. The lack of currents mean that it is common to experience relaxing 75 minute dives. The boats all have water, tea, coffee, fresh fruit and biscuits available between dives. The dive guides are all local Indonesian guides, who look after your gear from start to finish, setting it up, washing it etc. They all have a lot of experience in the local area, and are experts at finding the critters. To get the most out of your trip do some research and tell the guides what you would like to see. We would strongly recommend watching the DVD provided at the resort, to familiarise yourself with all the weird critters.

If you've never been muck diving in Lembeh then boy are you in for a treat. Remember when you first got excited about seeing a fish underwater, well it's about to happen again! At a first glance many of the sites are not attractive, i.e. black sand with some rubbish, however after five minutes you probably won't care. Things we saw included:
More varieties of colourful nudibranches than we can count; Blue ringed octopus; Flamboyant cuttlefish; Mimic Octopus; Bobbit Worm; Hairy Frogfish; Painted Frogfish; Giant Frogfish (size of a football); Mantis Shrimp; Lembeh Seadragons; Mandarinfish; Common Seahorses; Bargibant Pygmy Seahorses; Pontohi Pygmy Seahorses; Tiger Shrimps; Bobtail Squid........ The list goes on and on, and I cannot believe that I got bored with pygmy seahorses, though my wife is keen to disagree. Whether or not night diving is your thing, you must experience night dives in Lembeh, they are spectacular.

If you are nervous about muck diving, let us set your mind at rest. When we were on Bunaken we said "if we don't like it can we come back?" and were assured we could, with a knowing smile from the owner. With hindsight that was funny. If however you did not like the muck diving, then there are spectacular corals on some dive sites, as well as a very good WW2 Japanese wreck to dive (30m to sea bed, 16m to the top).

We rarely immediately decide to return to a dive location, as there is a lot of world to see, and it takes a lot to impress us these days. We will return to Lembeh within two years, and will definitely stay at Two Fish.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Monkeys_Mum_and_Dad
Penrith, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

The thing a lot of people don't realise about Lembeh is that it's not just muck diving, the daily double dives generally go to a reef/wall location as well as a muck location.
The staff at Two Fish Divers are awesome - Dani and Matt run a location that has a relaxed atmosphere for guests - the boat crew, general staff and dive guides are friendly and efficient.
I dived here in January and had my own guide for almost all of my dives. January is the low season and the maximum number of guests at the resort while I was there was 11 people.
The budget rooms are clean and basic, but I was there to dive not stay in my room, so they were more than adequate. The shared bathrooms were clean and the hot water showers are great after a day of diving.
My dive guide, Sandy, had a keen eye and knew where to find lots of the wonderful and weird Lembeh critters. Robust ghost pipefish, ornate ghost pipefish, pygmy seahorses - Pontohi and bargibanti, painted frogfish, hairy frogfish, mantis shrimp, coconut octopus, wonderpus, demon stingers, scorpion leaf fish, wasp fish, ribbon eels, a bazillion types of nudibranches and the tiny Lembeh seadragon were amongst the highlights of my 18 dives at Two Fish. I need to return to see the Mimic Octopus - the only thing on my list that I didn't see.
I would return to Two Fish Divers Lembeh in a heartbeat - with the afternoon dive, if I was the only person who wanted to dive then the boat went out - none of this minimum number of divers caper.
The resort has wifi and Dani is currently in "negotiations" with Indosat to obtain the bandwidth that the resort pays for.
If you want a massage, room service and to lay by the pool then this is not the place for you - but if you want to dive, dive and then dive some more this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo