“The finest place you can get in Lembeh!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manado
Two Fish Divers Lembeh
Sao Paulo, SP
“The finest place you can get in Lembeh!”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Nothing to complain... the dives were just fantastic, food was very good, rooms were clean and cozy, they offer transfers to and from the airport at the right time... of course is not a five star, after all you are not at The Strip in Las Vegas!

But considering how hard Lembeh is to reach (and I came all the way from Brazil...), TwoFish makes your staying REALLY as comfortable as possible. Honestly, I had a very good time there.

The highest point is probably the dive guides. By giving very personal attention to each diver (I would say they have one guide for each 2 or 3 divers... mine was responsible just for me and another guy), they are the ones that really make the dives unforgettable, by pointing out tiny strange critters where you could not notice at all! Without their support, the trip would not be the same...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I had a blast at the resort! Excellent service from all the dive guides and boat crew.....they made things very easy for me. The receptionist was very helpful and accomidating to my needs, as well as the cook and kitchen staff, food was great. Most importantly, Sandy, my dive guide was excellent, at times I think he felt down or disappointed when he could not find a few things for me (which are typically very rare to see), but he tried very hard every dive. I plan on going back in October with a friend and will be making reservations there at Two Fish for 4 days in Lembeh and 4 days in Bunaken.

The only issue I had, which wasnt a big deal to me is the bathroom in the cottage I was staying in. I guess the rains at the time effected the way the shower drains, which left my feet in a pool of water while I was showering (blockage due to the heavy rains....uncontrollable by the resort)......understandable as there were tons of rain most days (March).

Other than that, I liked it enough to recommend it to my friend and returning this October. Hopefully most of the crew will remain there.

Ive traveled all over Asia for my vacations that always includes diving, and Two Fish Divers Lembeh is the only place that allowed me to truly enjoy every aspect of my relaxing vacation. The size of the resort is just right, even at maximum occupancy you will still have personalized service from the staff and will never feel crowded.

Bottom line, If you ever wanted to see the oceans strangest creatures then you will not be disappointed by visiting Two Fish Divers in Lembeh. This is the Muck Diving capitol of the world and staying at Two Fish Divers was a excellent choice in making this an Amazing trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Cdalbec
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I'm such an idiot for going to Lembeh Strait for only two nights. We spent most of the time at the "Two Fish Divers" resort at Bunaken but decided to tack on two nights in Lembeh. Big mistake. The diving itself will knock your socks off. If you're new to "muck diving" don't be put off by the seemingly uninteresting bottom. Although the underwater contours are bland, it allows one to spot the strangest and interesting life forms you'll ever see. After 2-3 days in Bunaken, we had seen everything. In Lembeh, every dive was a new experience with mimic cuttlefish, strange eels, nudibranchs with every kaleidoscope of color gracing us with every dive. Despite logging only a paltry 4 dives there, each one brought new species to find. If you're an underwater photographer, Lembeh is a wet-dream (no pun intended). With lower visability, macro photography is the flavor and you'll have no shortage of subjects.

The resort was just as colorful. We had a two year old and they arranged for us to have a baby-sitter while we were out diving. Our daughter took to her new nanny quick quickly and the grounds staff were more than happy to help entertain here while we were out diving in the morning. Our dive master Rayon was fabulous and could find lifeforms underwater smaller than my fingernails. The boat staff were quick to help us with our gear and routinely changed tanks for us and washed our gear at the end of the day. Fantastic service!

The resort was very clean and well stocked with all the knick knacks that divers appreciate. A nice dive center, cold beer and great dining package. The meals were all inclusive which we really liked and if you like Indonesian cuisine, you'll find the food is incredible. Be lucky enough to get some of the chili sauce before it runs out. We had a myriad of great dishes while there and the food was incredible.

If you're going to Lembeh, I'd recommend combining it with a trip to Bunaken too. It's such a great contrast and you'll be blessed with fun drift diving, great visibility and large pelagics at Bunaken. Despite being so close geographically, the two sites feel like they're on different ends of the earth.

-Gary, Lisa and Ava

Room Tip: Consider upgrading from the budget rooms. If you can spend a little bit more, the more expensive roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank GaryRyanJohnston
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We really havé à nice stay and Nice dives. Definitly à place to visit.

• Stayed March 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great place. I was supposed to stay for 3 nights, ended up extending to 6 as it was so good! The diving blew my mind, very different to anything I'd ever done, and incredible. The place itself was in an awesome location, very secluded, very cool. The trips to the diving by boat passed some amazing scenery. The food was also awesome, and the staff really friendly (apart from my dive guide who wasn't so good, but I was told that was being sorted!). I really have nothing bad to say!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "dorm" room plus also in a cottage. The dorm rooms are noisy, as they are...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
california
Reviewed 9 March 2012

On prior trips to Lembeh I had stayed in budget accommodations several times (NAD, Bastianos), and while I enjoyed the stay, I still felt the need to try someplace different. Two Fish had always come highly recommended on Scubaboard, and a promotion they were running made them the most affordable option in Lembeh, so I decided to give them a try.

The first big positive was in the booking process. Dani always promptly and thorougly answered questions in all my emails--it is surprising the inattention to booking inquiries that sometimes occurs. The resort is located on Lembeh Island, about a 10 minute boat ride from Bitung and, as with all resorts in Lembeh, Two Fish can handle transfers from Manado, roughly just over an hour away.

The resort itself has three different room types that are on either side of the bar area, and continue either down the beach or up a small hill behind the dining area. I stayed in two types of rooms, standard and deluxe. Standard rooms are fair sized, with large bathrooms, and plenty of plugs for charging batteries. The deluxe rooms are even larger, and had a very nice view from their attached balconies. There is no aircon at the resort, which I initially was concerned with, but in actually the fans work great and I was never uncomfortable. There is wifi in the bar area whose signal I was told would only reach to the standard rooms, but in actuality I was able to access the internet in the deluxe room I stayed in as well.

Food was excellent and served buffet style in the restaurant. There was always a choice of entrees (both western and Indonesian), and for breakfast one had the option of ordering an Indonesian-style breakfast if they desired. The coffee is excellent! I meant to find out where they got it and bring some home with me.

Diving. Lembeh is my favorite destination in the world and this was my 6th trip..and a good guide makes a huge difference in spotting its macro wonders. Regrettably the name of my guide escapes me at the moment, but even while fairly new to Lembeh (he had been working in Bunaken), he did a great job. One of the things I look for most in a dive guide is that effort is put out the entire dive looking for critters, something that doesn't always happen. Mine worked tirelessly to find things for me to photograph, even though I kept him down for the maximum amount of time on every dive.

There were some additional things I liked during my stay that go a long ways towards my saying Two Fish is "a great value in Lembeh," and it goes towards the way Dani and Matt run the place. Here are some examples: I had wanted to book a standard room for my entire stay, but on the last night my room was already taken by a prior reservation...so they gave me a deluxe room that night for no extra charge. I was there by myself, and while house reef diving was free it naturally required a buddy. Dani offered to give me a guide for free (which I never wound up taking her up on). My first day I was going to be paired up with a newer diver who was diving without a camera..she had already planned to give me my own guide, although he was ill that day. I have well over 1000 dives and have dove in almost 25 countries and have stayed at countless dive resorts, and it is rare to see such understanding of what truly goes into making a dive resort great and what divers themselves would most like to see, all with an eye on being a value for the diver.

Finally, if you need help with flight tickets, Two Fish uses an excellent travel agent. I had a multitude of different routes I was considering, and each time I gave them in the morning, I had answers back by the time I was back from lunch..amazing with the difficulties in getting accurate airline info in Indonesia. The agent even made the attempt to reach me through Two Fish well after I had left the resort when they became aware that a flight of mine having a time change. Don't miss the jewelry they have for sale in the office. A relative of one of the dive staff makes beautiful dive-related necklaces out of mother or pearl (frogfish, ghost pipefish, etc.).

You can't go wrong staying at Two Fish and I look forward to my next visit there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank dacoppel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is the other site for Two Fish (with Bunaken). The cabanas are spacious and clean, the food is good, the people working there are friendly and helpful. And of course the diving is amazing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo