“Nice resort - good diving”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manado
Two Fish Divers Lembeh
Madrid, Spain
“Nice resort - good diving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

A resort perfect for diving. Our room was basic but nice. The staff and management were very nice and helpful.

Food was wonderful, abundant and tasty. The restaurant staff was particularly charming.

Although I preferred diving in Bunaken (I prefer coral reefs to muck diving) I also enjoyed diving there.

1 Thank MadridWorldTraveller

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

This is the best muck diving I've done and I'm already planning when I can get back. Travel plans had fallen through in the past but TwoFish can book domestic flights for you (very difficult to do by yourself while in Indonesia if AirAsia don't fly there - staff booked our onward flights and even posted our postcards for us!). Staff could not have been more helpful and transfers were smooth. Lembeh's diving has a slow, patient pace and dive guides that ask for your wish list then deliver. I asked for an octopus as my dive buddy had never seen one. In four of our dives we had a long armed octopus, poison ocellate, mimic and (joy of joys!) a wonderpus!! Macro life amazing, and guides will find you a variety of pygmy seahorses, lembeh sea dragons, shrimp etc. Every dive exceeded our expectations. I'd recommend Nitrox to extend bottom dive.
I would recommend diving TwoFish Bunaken first, for stunning wall dives and equally great staff. For me, muck diving gives you time to get up close to critters and tests macro skills with my camera.

Room Tip: I stayed in the budget room above the offices. I sleep soundly on diving holidays regardless of whet...
Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have done three days of diving at Two Fish in Lembeh and I can definitely
recommend it, though if I were to do it all over again, I would definitely do more
dives there, as three days just is not enough to see everything.
The diving itself, which is the most important thing for me, was amazing. It is not
called the Mecca of UW macro photography for nothing and by far the best place to
see the small critters that I have been to. The volcanic black sand which covers
the bottom also means that if you’re into underwater photography you will love it.
The black sand serves as a unique background compared to normal coral reef and means
that your photos won’t be overexposed in the wrong areas for the most part. It is,
however, important to follow your guide because the odds are that you will miss a
lot of the really interesting stuff such as the hairy shrimp (3 mm maximum size),
pygmy sea horse or Lembeh sea dragon if you just try looking for it yourself.
Luckily, the guides are all really good and will find plenty of things on each dive.
It is important to follow the basic rules of muck diving in order not to touch
anything poisonous or stir up the bottom. Personally, I would recommend getting a
pointer for sure. A side note on night diving, it is very nice and different
animals come out, but there are small red wormlike creatures getting attracted to
your light which can get really annoying after a while when their numbers build up
(it could just be a seasonal occurrence though).
As for the resort itself, the rooms are really nice and clean with a regular western
toilet included (not a standard elsewhere on Sulawesi). The food is nice, buffet
style with a few choices for each meal, but you can also ask the local staff to cook
some eggs for breakfast or some local cuisine for you. The rented equipment is in
very good condition, especially for this part of the world and I had no problems
with it. There is a free wifi network in the whole resort, but the reception is the
best in the bar area. In general the staff are very friendly and can help you out
with things you might not be able to do yourself (ie. getting a local SIM card). It
is definitely worth to the transport from the airport to the resort via Two Fish
themselves, as getting to the resort otherwise could be quite a hassle.
All in all, I would definitely recommend visiting Two Fish Lembeh, the diving is
amazing, the resort nice and overall it’s definitely worth the trip and complete
must for underwater photographers.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

As with the sister resort in Bunaken, Two Fish Lembeh is a really well run dive resort. The staff and management were great, and enthusiastic about showing the their guests all that Lembeh has to offer. The booking, transfers in and out as well as between resorts went like clockwork, and the cottages are clean and well kept. Looking forward to going back

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 789david
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

We had an amazing 7 days in Lembeh. The staff are really friendly and so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. The room was large and clean and well maintained. The food was great, always plenty of choice in a buffet style set up, I am gluten intolerant and if there was something I couldn't eat they would make special for me. The diving was incredible, only 2 or 3 people to a guide, same guide for your entire stay which is a nice touch. They see the smallest of thing. Very safe and well organised. Thank you to all staff had a fantastic time and would love to come back some time.

Room Tip: We has superior cottage, very comfortable.
1 Thank duguid5
Chanelle_W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had an incredible 5 days with Two Fish. The resort is very cute and remote. Our bungalow was gorgeous and right on the beach, and the food was lovely. And of course, the diving was spectacular!!! Thanks to our wonderful dive guide; Wayan, for showing us so many rare critters!

Room Tip: We had a Superior Room, which was worth it for the huge balcony and hammock!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I really like two fish divers Lembeh. This resort is very good size not too small and no too big. Staffs are very firendly and food is nice!!! Room is neat and clean. This place has lots of nature and I wake up with chicken's voice every morning. Scuba diving is excellent! If you dive in Lembeh, this is the place to go! Dive master try to find crazy critters following our request and also they let us enjoy diving our maximum limits. We always go with small group (normally 1-3 divers) and they make the group depends on our skill. So it was very very comfortable and feel safe.Thank you very much all the staffs. I promise to come back this place again!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed budjet room which is upper floor of dive center. Budjet room is total 4 rooms with common r...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo