“I will be back, for sure!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Two Fish Divers Lembeh

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manado
Two Fish Divers Lembeh
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“I will be back, for sure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

EXCELLENT experience here, every dive I can see something new and amazing place for macro photos. Diving Master is very good to looking for critters, and surprisingly, ONE diving master just led TWO divers, sometimes just ONE.

and same as Bunaken, friendly staff, tidy and clean accommodation.

How a relaxing holiday it is!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Violajuan

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dahab, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at Two Fish Divers Lembeh for 5 nights in August 2013 and had a brilliant time. The facilities are excellent as is the diving.
It's worth having a couple of beers with the hosts Dani and Matt to hear his stories of the Tarsier Monkeys planning to break into his house (he loves them really).
The guides here really know their stuff and without them I would have swam past some of the fascinating critters they point out.
After a days diving there is some of the best food you will get in Indonesia being served up by the brilliant local chefs they have here, very tasty and plenty of it :-). If you have room in your backpacks some treats for Matt and Dani's dogs are always appreciated and the dogs will be your friends for life.
The accommodation is excellent, we stayed in a superia double cottage which was clean and spacious and always with hot water.
Can't wait to get back very soon.....
Clive Hanna

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clive H
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Could not expect more than what Two Fish gives us for a diving trip. the room is great, the staffs are SUPER Friendly from Top to Bottom. The best thing from Two Fish is the Diving Trip Management. Very neat, organized and the guides have "Zooming" eyes for Sea Creatures. They some kind of having radars in the deep. We visited their resort in Bunaken and Lembeh, next would be theirs in Lembongan, Bali. Spent 4 days in Bunaken and 5 days in Lembeh.

The service for problems also very fast. We had difficulty for the locking key of our room door, and they already repair it faster than I realized. Special Thanks to Dani and Bram :)

Foods are inclusive with the Package. No need to worry for the foods there since they cook very good foods. could not resist to skip any of the meals during our stay.

Lucky to have Yoga trainer during ours stay, so we could enjoy yoga during our stay :)

The Muck diving in Lembeh is fantastic. could not ask for more for the creatures, especially during Night Dive. Blue Ring Octopus, Coconut Octopus, Star Gazer, Flamboyant Cuttlefish, and many more are waiting for you there :)

Overall, FIVE STARS for Two Fish Diver.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

When we arrived at Two Fish Divers we received the warmest welcome ! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Dani and Matt and all of the staff made us feel as though we had been going there for years!
The Bungalow was amazing , clean , spacious , great bathroom , hot water and a decking that gave us a view of the immaculate gardens, black sands and lapping water on the shore! It really was that fantastic.
I must mention the food too !! The lovely chef who cooked all of the meals is a gem! the food was the best we have tasted and such a variety . She must never be allowed to leave !
Now to the diving ........ Absolute macro heaven , the muck dives were incredible. The coral in the shallows is pristine and so many fish, too many to even mention ! Photograhers heaven.
The Divemasters really know there stuff and you could not find half of the critters without them. They are very experienced and professional, the briefings were detailed but not too long.
We will return , no doubt about that.
Oh , nearly forgot ...... if you can take some treats for the doggies they will be your friends forever.

Room Tip: We stayed in the bungalows which all have sea views. Our friend stayed in the budget room which she...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We did Bunaken and Lembeh with TwoFish last year and Lembeh was a 'must return to'. Was a bit apprehensive that I'd built it up too much in my memories but wow. Glad we stayed for a whole week, but next time it will need to be longer...

Accommodation: This year, the budget rooms were full so we stayed in the standard cottage. Spacious, hot water showers, comfy. Drinking water outside the room and deskspace to write logbook, dry out camera housing etc. Also plenty of power points to recharge batteries (and a comfy bed to recharge my own batteries!)

Food: Always great. The pumpkin curry is superb, beef rendang melts in your mouth, fresh fruit with every meal. Justify seconds as you burn off a lot of calories diving...surely...

Transfers: Effortless. I know it would be cheaper to try to get there independently but I'm on holiday and getting picked up at the hotel and taken straight to the resort is a justifiable 'extra'.

Diving: Oh my word. Where to start?
Pygmy seahorse - Barbigantis, Severns and Pontohi.
Octopus - seven different species. Mimic and Wonderpuses every day (last year we saw one of each and it was still a highlight! Finding a wonderpus by myself just eclipsed that this year!), Long-armed, algae, coconut, blue ring and starry night.
Squid - what size to photograph? Stunning night dives, squid performing synchronised swimming in the torch beam. Larger squid floating by like UFOs during the mandarinfish dive. Tiny iridescent bobtail squid in orange, blue, purple...
Weird stuff - where to start? Bobbit worm, stargazers (sorry, but they really are ugly. I tried to find them cute, but they're just not.), frogfish from pinky-nail size to giant and in every colour, ambon scorpionfish, lembeh seadragon, etc.

Nudibranchs - too many to photograph let alone identify. So many of them are 'unidentified' if you manage to find their image in Coleman or Debelius.

Mandarinfish dive is lovely. I've done them before, but at Police Pier I saw dozens of pyjama cardinalfish, big chunky mandarinfish in groups of four, a pair of algae octopus, anemonefish, squid and a tiny cuttlefish.

Library and generous selection of fish ID books, dive guides help with fish ID, too. Discussion over meals range around what you've seen and what others have seen and what you want to see. Dive boats are well ordered, kit is fine.

Staff - our dive guide (Gerri) was fantastic. He found octopus every day (including a coconut octopus clambering into a shell on a night dive) and was incredibly patient in pointing out the tiny stuff that you just don't see the first time you look! Some of the stuff really only becomes apparent when looking back through your photos with a zoom. Resort staff all work in perfect harmony to create a friendly resort with lovely gardens, great food, great diving (boat crew, guides, kit), smooth transfers, clean rooms etc.

This is a fairly unique square mile of diving, with apparently barren volcanic sands giving up her treasures for those who care to look. I'm pretty sure I'll be back.

Room Tip: We've now stayed in budget, standard cottage and superior cottage and could not fault any.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorna S
Brussels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I just spent 6 nights at Two Fish and really enjoyed my stay. As there were no cheaper options available when I booked, I had to take a superior bungalow on my own and although it was more than I needed, I really loved the spaciousness of the room. The large bathroom with hot water even had plants in it. There was one big bed and one single bed, which would make it perfect for a couple traveling with a child. I didn't have any problems with mosquitoes, but there was an electric mosquito device and also coils provided in the room. The fan was sufficient for cooling the room. There was a nice balcony with hammock, chairs, and table with hot water for coffee or tea. The room was cleaned daily. I don't know if it's the same policy for the standard bungalows or budget rooms, but the guests I met who were staying in all the rooms seemed very satisfied.

I thought the food was the best I tasted anywhere in Sulawesi, with a varied menu, sufficient quantities for every meal, and plenty of salad and vegetables. Free water, coffee, and tea anytime and a bar to buy snacks and other drinks. The WIFI connection was sporadic and the signal was often weak, but thanks to their generator, we were never without electricity, which is not always the case at other hotels on an island. They have loads of fish and coral books available to consult and many people showed their photos to others on their laptops, which was great.

I did five dives and enjoyed them, particularly the two dives I did with Doan, who was very good at pointing things out underwater and knew the names of everything we saw. I also went diving with Rein and found him to be a bit less helpful underwater and afterwards, with the fish I.D. The mandarin fish dive was good but it was so dark that with my equipment I found it hard to get photos, as Rein did not want me to shine any light on the fish in order to focus my camera. The reasons were understandable but it was a pity. Also, don't expect good visibility in Lembeh. The water is dark and murky with lots of sediment and plankton floating around.

Unfortunately I developed ear problems and had to stop diving, but the staff revised the bill to reflect the days of no diving. They were also able to recommend an ear specialist in Manado and their driver took me there and waited.

I found the price of Two Fish to be fair, considering the excellent service, clean and comfortable accommodations, lovely setting, and delicious food. Matt and Dani run the place well and the atmosphere is very sociable and friendly. There is an interesting video you can watch about muck diving and the strange small creatures in the water around Lembeh. The equipment is in good condition and you are able to rent just the items you need, so don't have to pay for a complete set. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone interested in muck diving.

Room Tip: If you are traveling alone or on a budget in the high season, book early to get a cheaper room. If y...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Janet W
Brussels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We just spent one week at Two Fish Lembeh and it was a very good experience. The resort is really nice even if isolated (it's all about diving here, better the devil you know ;-) ) but in this case and for us it can be considered as an advantage... Rooms are really cute and you're surrounded by the nature, excellent... And food is excellent too...

Muck diving is stunning, with new discoveries at each dive... One of the richest places I've ever seen (for macro of course, don't expect a manta here, for this you need to go to Lembongan :-) ). Dive guides are really great and try all their possible to help you to find what you're looking for and guide you after the dive to put names on what you have seen (not always as straightforward as it looks...). Special thanks to Doan who guided us during all our dives (the staff tries to keep the same guide for you along your stay and dive groups are limited to usually 2-3 guests per dive guide, max 4, which is good). Nitrox is available without any issue (which is good as dives can be pretty long) and you can also use your stay to get certified on rebreather (what I did, thanks to Blue Label Diving who provides technical diving courses within Two Fish).

After diving is relax and friendly, all good !

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manado
Aryaduta Manado
#1 of 44 in Manado
Bastianos Dive Resort
Bastianos Dive Resort
#1 of 15 in Bunaken Island

Been to Two Fish Divers Lembeh? Share your experiences!