“unfriendly welcome and disappointing service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manado
Two Fish Divers Lembeh
Paris, France
“unfriendly welcome and disappointing service”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

A nice place considering the facilities but I was very surprised to see the way the staff welcomed me and my friends, looking at us like if we were bad people, they did not help, some were even lazzy relaxing on the sofas reserved for the guests, they did not want to consider us if we were not spending our money, we asked to talk to the boss because we were shocked, he was not there and then the staff who phoned him said the boss did not want to talk with us, hopefully they change their strange behaviours for the future

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frederic D
TwoFishDivers, General Manager at Two Fish Divers Lembeh, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hi Frederic,

Thanks for your response but we think that this is a bit unfair. You were not a guest with us as you never stayed or dived with us. All you did was turn up mid-morning from another resort to ask if you could rent some snorkel equipment, and you were informed that we do not rent to non-resident guests.

When you arrived our replacement manager was out diving, and our staff explained to you that we could not provide snorkel equipment as you were not staying with us. However, since it seemed that you did not understand, the staff telephoned directly to Tina, the owner on Bunaken, and she spoke directly to your wife/partner to explain the situation.

You left after this phone call, so you were at our place maybe 15mins? It is unfortunate that you did not stay for another 5mins, you could have spoken directly to our replacement manager, he arrived back with the dive boat and saw you leaving along the beach.

Please, Tripadvisor should be used for honest reviews from guests who stay and dive with us, not by disgruntled people who turn up out of the blue and do not get what they want.

Regadrs - Nigel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reggio emilia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I spent 4 days at Two Fish Lembeh after 5 days at Two Fish in Bunaken.
Like the resort in Bunaken, the staff here is super friendly, the booking, transfers in and out as well as between resorts went like clockwork.
The room (standard) was spacious and clean, Food was wonderful, abundant and tasty.
Two Fish do two morning dives and then you have the option of a third dive in the afternoon and night to try and resist. The dive guides (Gerry)was fantastic and had some insane ability to find mimic octopuses, pygmy sea horses, lembeh seadragons etc etc.
I would not hesitate to recommend Two Fish Divers for Lembeh if your looking for outstanding service and value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank giorgins
Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great place to have a relaxing time. The Two Fish team (incl Scooby, Barney and Pepper - the 3 dogs,...) really make us feel like home. The accomodation and food is really great, thumbs up for the chef! And the diving, well, Lembeh's reputation of being the greatest muck dive location is totally true! In the 4 days that we were there, we found all the creatures that were on the list: mimic octopus, hairy frogfish, mating mandarine, blue ring octopus, and all the frogfishes in all colours, scorpion fishes, leaf fishes, seahorses,... too many to mention! With a very experieced guide who knows where to find these special creatures, you just have to mention what do you want to see! We will certainly go back to Two Fish Lembeh, since it is a great place to unwind and escape from the busy world,....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I came here for a 8D/7N ,This was the second time to stay at Two Fish Lembeh, I loved the atmosphere,Great muck diving.Dive guides were awesome,I've seen a lot of species,thanks for Gerry and Doan.
I feel at home,called my name very friendly stuff,great food, service and accommodations.
Of course management was excellent,Dani was quick to answer my email.
Thanks for Matt,he accepted my request for dive sites.
I really like this small diving resort,I'll be back again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very friendly, everything was catered for, whether it was transfers, diving, accom or food related. Loved this place! And the doggies are great too...Diving was awesome, I saw what I came for, plus much much more. Dive guide was the same the whole 7 days, which was great, such personal service..lovely.
I spent 8 nights here and it was great. :)

Room Tip: Go for the superior cabins, nice and peaceful and private, HUGE bathroom!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I came here for a 4D/3N stay before transferring to Bunaken. Throughout the booking and planning stages Dani was incredibly quick in answering any emails sent and arranged my whole trip so well that the whole process was so easy. The transfer from Manado was good and the welcome on arrival was lovely. My standard room was much bigger than I was expecting and was very clean. The hot shower was particularly welcome!! The food has been delicious every day and the spicy sambal was amazing. Don't miss the chocolate covered bananas!!!

The diving here was fascinting and my guide Heskel has the eyes of a hawk so I got to see all the animals on my wish list!!

Due to two horrible reviews left on here about the dogs, I have to say all three are the most friendly and soft dogs you could meet!!

I would definitely recommend a stay here!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I spent 1 week at TFD in Lembeh in January, and since returning from our trip to Asia, we frequently discuss how our next trip must include a return here.
There is little new to say about the location itself- world renowned for muck diving, beautiful stretch of coastline/ strait etc (don't let the shipping element put you off on your arrival- it's a wonderful place). TFD was a comfortable, friendly resort- accomodation was great- sea views, fresh shower water etc etc. All you need on that front. The food was brilliant- some of the best we had during our 6 weeks in Asia. All the staff, from the dive guide (Sandi took care of us for the week), to Hanni and the kitchen staff, the ground staff and the lovely girls at reception were a pleasure to be around. The diving was wonderful, and to our surprise and delight, included some excellent reefs and walls with some pristine/ extensive coral growth- a very pleasant surprise.

Matt and Dani, who run the place were both a great help, going out their way to help us out when needed, and also being friendly, sociable, and indeed comical company (yellow submarine and crisps..) when joining their guests for dinner. Can't sing the praises of the place highly enough to be honest. We loved it and we will definitely be visiting again when we head back over. Great times- cheers guys.
Oops- the dogs. The dogs, all four of them were adorable and a lovely addition to the place- very well behaved (granted, Barney is something of a mentalist, but just a 'full of beans' pup), friendly and obviously very much loved by staff and guests alike.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple