Mercure Manado Tateli Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsrenovated roomswimming pooldive centreprivate beachhotel is greatdiving packagehotel areabunaken islandgreat poolfamily holidaymemorable staymanado tuadive tripjunior suiteeco diversocean viewdiving spots
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I've visited Manado several times for work purposes, and tried other hotels in the city to compare. I have stayed in Sedona for at least 3 times. First impression was the room is a bit basic for the price the hotel charges. My colleague had a problem with his toilet and switched room. On one occasion, I found the bed sheet is not entirely clean.
Location is good, it offers great tranquility, nice view, no hassle at all. But sometimes during the weekend it can be full, and used as some kind of company gathering or office retreat. I experienced once, and they had live music at the pool side until late at night. Since the room is not entirely sound proof, that was a bit bugging.
I tried to spend a quiet weekend there, and it was worthy. The snorkeling trip was costs about 30 USD per person. If you're going solo, this is the better option than renting a boat in the city which costs at leas 35-40 USD. Plus you just have to walk from your room to start your snorkeling trip.
Breakfast is sufficient. Staff service is average.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank gunts
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I stayed here (unfortunately) just for 1 night. The hotel was great! my room was big enough. eventhough the interior of the room was classy, but the room and bathroom was clean. I love the view from my room that viewed to swimming pool. For breakfast, they had variety of foods. The hotel has many kind of facilities. Water sport, bicycle rent, beach volley, swimming pool, billiard, etc. i will high reccomend to this hotel. But the location is quite far from the city. This hotel is great for you to chill and relax. I LOVE THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 8 June 2010

It's the brand name and resort style accommodation that drew us to stay here. The location is a bit far from the city centre but may be compensated by the clean man-made lagoon and extensive lawn. This is a typical 'Bali Resort wannabe' hotel in other parts of the country but alas it fails to meet the standard and ambience required to make up a true resort. The room is a bit worn out, but that's not all. We were a bit surprise to find out that even a basic amenity of face and hand towel was not available. First request to the housekeeping department was attended properly but the second request was responded by the unreasonable policy of not providing the towels for the room at our wing. They even sent the staff twice to reiterate such policy. We did not miss our chance the next day to lodge a complain to the hotel's assistant manager which was attended properly and guess what, the policy is not even exist ! It's just a misunderstanding from the housekeeping department on the policy. Well, it has stained the experience for sure although all staffs are polite and friendly in delivering their service throughout the stay. A lot of improvement on the F&B side, after all this is Manado which is the home of one of the best cuisine in Indonesia. The choice and quality for breakfast is not up to a 5 stars resort standard, which they claimed to be.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank DAZJakarta
Reviewed 28 May 2010

The room was simple, bed cover was dirty and smell bed, the furniture were old. The big terrible surprise were the mosquitos, someone had to come to spray our room with anti mosquito spray. We've been to several hotels in Manado much cheaper but much better than Sedona. Dinner was bad and expensive. The hotel staff were not all nice (compared with the other hotels). In the website they promised Free Shuttle to the town but in the reality they suggested us to use a taxi.
The hotel was very expensive but the people who stayed there didn't really deserve what they have paid. The only thing that good was the pool.
For sure we won't go there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank JulieAmsterdam
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I came all they way from New Jersey (USA) for my wedding in Hotel sedona i pay the services ,but i dont get all the services what they told me,i wasn't happy what they way the treated my wedding there i didn't get my services i paid for it .

• Stayed: January 2010