“Value for money”
Review of Grand Luley Manado

Grand Luley Manado
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Manado
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed twice two nights in this beautiful resort, just for relaxing after spending days in remote area's on Sulawesi and Halmahera in sometimes very basic accommodations (birdwatching).
The rooms are good, the price is good, reasonable restaurant (a must as this place is miles from Manado), a good swimming pool, nice gardens, good mangroves with a boardwalk and a small harbour with great sunsets.
Disadvantages were the electronic door keys with a chip (because sometimes the door locks didn't work with the keys povided and we had to get other keys from the lobby) and the condens water out of the airco which came out as pieces of ice with a lot of noise (once in the middle of the night). As the resort is thouroughly renovated at this moment, things will probably be better in the near future.
Kees Scharringa, Netherlands

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We spent eight days in total here, the first two days were getting PADI Advanced, the last eight were just fun dives. We read on the Internet that Bunaken was one of the best places in the world to dive, so that set great expectations. Well I can tell you they're all true! With the help of the great guides every dive we saw something spectacular!

The service you receive is just great, they pack all your gear, install it for you, you don't have to think about it when you are back on shore, you get a nice local lunch, and if you're ready with your diving you just go home to your holiday home. Just office super friendly and although the price is a bit high it's all worth it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jean-Luc L
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at this resort for a total of five days on a solo trip to unwind and recharge.This resort is a distance away from the city,opposite the amazing Bunaken,Manado Tua and Siladen dive sites.The resort has a private jetty( worth a visit for morning and evening walks- with great sunset views) and its own fleet of dive boats as well as an amazing dive team.A must do here is diving obviously, of which the dive team will take good care of your needs.Diving here was superb, and the hotel organizes sightseeing visits around the island as well.

The hotel has great potential to expand and is currently in the midst of much renovation as well as construction of several interesting facilities including a two storey bar next to a large tree,offering great views of the sunset.

The staff here are exceptionally friendly and warm,with the General Manager offering a personal welcome.If you are looking to escape from the city,yet stay connected to Manado Town( the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to the town once a day) this hotel is for you.Do note however that wifi access is currently only available in the lobby and restaurant. Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank glenTrippie
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 10 days staying in Grand Luley with my wife. We really enjoyed wonderful holiday in Manado. The services of this resort are great. The staffs are friendly. Especially, they have private jetty which can access to Bunaken island within 5-10 minutes. Worth to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tse Khang L
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed there with my wife for 2 nights on February, they have a special promo at that time so it was really a good deal already. But that not just it. I was trying to find some ideas to surprise my wife on our 4th wedding anniversary, and Grand Luley come to rescue! I asked them if there's anyway for us to have a candle light dinner. They said okay. On the "day" I took my wife to the dinner place they have told me. And not only surprised my wife, it also surprised me! They have set up a nice table in the middle of the pool with small colorful lights on the steps around it. So lovely! Unfortunately, my wife was to shy, so we asked them to move it the table to the side of the pool. But I'm sure many ladies would not be as shy as my wife. It was a wonderful and unforgettable night for us.
Other than that the room was cozy, the pool was quite warm, even in the night time (you should try it). And you should also check out the short board walk to the ocean bay.
Breakfast is great varieties of Indonesian and Western cuisine. Lastly, all the courteous and friendly staff have add another star. 5 star for me :)

Room Tip: any rooms on the 3rd floor that faced the ocean
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluesky2101
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at the Grand Luley Resort for a few nights. The staff are charming and my room was elegant and spacious with an expansive view of the tropical garden and pool. It is a short boat ride to Bunaken for serious diving or snorkelling. Take a walk along the jetty for the most glorious sunsets you will ever see, complete with volcano, or simply swim here in the turquoise waters in the morning. I had one of the best meals in the restaurant - squid "woku"- braised squid Manado-style, followed by Klaapa tart - custard tart with coconut topping. They even have wine on sale! All in all, at Grand Luley Resort, I had one of the most peaceful, enjoyable holidays I have had in a long time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fragrantrice
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week and when we all traveled as a group, the hotel authorities ensured our stay is very comfortable . Excellent Location, courteous staff , wonderful ambience

The rooms were well maintained . Wonderful experience ..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family