Tasik Ria Resort Manado
  • Breakfast included
Mapia Resort(Manado)
US$53
Agoda.com
All reviewsjetty bardan greendive centremanager danlocal marketbunaken national parksea view bungalowdive operationdiving holidaydive staffoutdoor showerlocal sitesa la carte menugreat divingmain restaurantbuffet styleboat crew
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I arrived at Tasik Ria (with my unhelpful bundle of nerves) with the intention of getting my Open Water Dive cert late October this year. Prior to the trip, I had corresponded with Devi, Andrew from Reservations to book our stay and course, and Thomas who was our diving instructor with questions about the diving course and logistics. I was impressed from the get go by how helpful and friendly they were, and therefore had high expectations.

I was not disappointed, the first day we got there, Dan (the hotel manager) stopped by to chat with us and I was surprised that he was so updated with the special arrangements that we had to make in regards to our diving logistics and schedule, that's when I knew we were in really good hands.

Getting the OWD cert was really challenging for me, in fact I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it if not for Thomas, who was very reassuring and kept encouraging me along the way. I really appreciated his professionalism and his attentiveness. He was very strict with us when it came to our training exercises, safety and equipment checks, but still injected lots of fun into the course which made the whole experience memorable.

Facilities wise, the resort is quite basic and clean. Even though the staff may take a while to get back to you with your request, they are always polite and responsive.

All in all, it was a great experience and wonderful stay, Dan and Thomas made all the difference!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Learning Diving has been on my to do list for some time and when I finally decided to do so, this place made it easy and fun. The staff management was great and very down to earth. The staff and management were very helpful. The dive crew and guides are also very friendly and amazing people. Combine this with amazing reefs and dive sites, and you can't go wrong.

1  Thank TildenWu
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Just back from a great holiday at Tasik Ria. We had excellent diving at Bunaken, I would have liked to do a bit more critter diving on the house reef but we just couldn't fit any more into the time. The guides and crew were lovely and a pleasure to be with. Really enjoyed the food, Dan and the team pushed the boat out and we were able to try out some local 'home style' cooking which was fantastic, I don't think there was a single meal when we didn't overeat. The food on the boat was pretty good too, amazing what they can produce in the tiny galley. Breakfast on the jetty is a great idea. really easy to wander straight from breakfast to the boat. Rooms were comfortable although not luxurious, and in need of a little updating, not that we spent much time in our rooms. This was our second trip to Tasik Ria and we would definitely go back.

1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were in this resort in the low season and we had the hotel almost only for us. The swimming pool was clean and the service at the bar pool was very friendly.
We stayed in the Gran Cottage Sea View, these cottages were recently refurbisched and are extremely nicely decorated and very comfortable.
Daniel, the hotel manager, and the chefs in the kitchen, spoiled us with extremely good food, which is an exception compared to most hotels, where the food is downgraded to european taste, which makes it tasteless and spiceless.
The girls of the Spa are so sweet!
The dive center could do with a better english spoken team, in order to avoid misunderstandings. Except this point, the team is very kind and professional.
We just missed a beach where we could lay in the afternoon on a strecher and watch the sunset.

Room Tip: Choose the Gran cottage sea view, they are fabulously decorated and are extremely comfortable
1  Thank Fran572013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at Tasik Ria Resort for 5 nights in October 2013. The resort is spacious and generally quiet and peaceful apart from occasional traffic noise from the nearby main road. The sea view cottage I stayed in was very comfortable with a good standard of facilities and efficient AC – though the decor is starting to look a little tired. The jetty bar and restaurant offer a very pleasant way to relax and enjoy the sunset after a full day of diving.

The dive shop staff, boat crew and dive guides were all very friendly and professional. They take safety seriously and I felt very comfortable on each dive. There was plenty of room on the dive boat and the diving itself was great, as you’d expect from Manado and Bunaken, with plenty of variety during my 4 days of diving. Lunch and snacks onboard were good with plenty of tea, coffee and soft drinks to be had.

The one negative I had was that wifi is only available in the reception area.

Overall I really enjoyed the resort and would stay there again on my next visit to Manado.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo