Tasik Ria Resort Manado
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mapia Resort(Manado)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsjetty bardan greendive centremanager danlocal marketbunaken national parksea view bungalowdive operationdiving holidaydive staffoutdoor showerlocal sitesa la carte menugreat divingmain restaurantbuffet styleboat crew
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2014

wanted to put excellent but decided on very good, roomes are always clean but bathrooms look tired, not the best beach but thats the geography of the place, well kept gardens and brilliant dive company at the hotel, all the staff really friendly.
not liking spicey food there's always a none spicey option, good quality and hot.
the big question is would i come here if i wasn't a diver and would i bring a non diver, is there enough to do....... don't think so but if ya just wanna relax and read by the pool it's great, in house sauna and massage is brilliant.... i love the place but i love this part of the world anyway.... if i was coming for the first time with an open mind ....... can't put my finger on it but may feel i could have got more for my money...... would i come back... hell yeah !!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank longlance
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were part of a large organised group of divers along with a couple of none divers who staid here for 10 days in November. Somewhat tired after the 24 hours of travelling, our gardener!! took our luggage to our nice spacious room and where we were happy to have full site of the pool.

Our first breakfast was down at the jetty bar, and here we encountered the special friendly staff that make this such a great place to stay. OK, the hotel needs updating, the paths need some work, the decor is somewhat tired, the gardens over grown and the lighting needs, well it needs some brighter bulbs putting in the lamps, but the staff are adorable. Not one was not prepared to make the effort, not one ever came to work without a smile, a Hello, a Goodbye and nothing was ever too much trouble.

On to the diving. Thomas, the new dive centre manager is a diamond. A few of us were not wanting to do the 'usual' tours and he briskly sorted us out a small boat for a few days, where were guided by the fantastic Yanex. Life underwater here is fantastic and as underwater photographers, there was something to see every few metres and none of the dives were disappointing. OK, you do have to keep abreast yourself of what is going on, especially in large groups where some want to do something different, but Thomas and the rest of the dive staff try their hardest to accommodate every whim. Rental kit is top notch and not one of the dive guides did not know his stuff.

My partner was one of the none divers and Dan, the hotel manager was accommodating with day trips, making sure that there was plenty of towels and that the party by the pool did not get board. Dan did everything he could if not more which again, made up for the lack of maintenance, something you soon forget.

Food wise, I certainly never went hungry. I am the one tourist who likes great food, well presented and tasted good and there was certainly a good selection of cuisine there. But, the chocolate mouse and the lemon mouse are to die for... the sweets are very nice indeed, as my waist line as I never lost an inch while there.

Our rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels as we needed. Our room had a few issues but as the place is undergoing a room by room upgrade, there was no point in making a fuss, plus, we did realise that it was a 3* and not a 5* so made the best as we could. There was always plenty of ht water, the fridge worked, the satellite TV had a reasonable choice of English speaking channels and there were plenty of plugs. All in all, I was happy in here.

Asking myself if I'd go back, the answer would have to be yes. I am not one for 3*, I like my A la Carte and I like my well maintained hotels, but If not for the diving but for the beautiful people that work there. You can not help but want to stay once you get to know them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank David E
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here following problems with return flights from West Papua, had stayed before and with huge pool, jetty bar and spa, I thought it would be a good place to recover from the three domestic flights it took to get back to Manado. In the end a good choice given 3 am arrival following yet more airline changes to schedules. When we arrived on 19/12 only seven other guests, with great attention from staff and Dave the manager, who explained this was a quiet time of year due to monsoon and proximity to Christmas, with guests arriving post Christmas. This is a big place and on an earlier trip was very busy, however in maintains a friendly atmosphere with many of the staff coming from the local village. When we arrived they were holding a Christmas function for kids from the local orphanage, on an earlier trip they had all the children of the staff around for a pool day and BBQ, good to see in an area as poor as this part of the world.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool villas, they can get very noisy if there are a lot of guests with kids!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank malcolmp53
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Situated about an hour's drive away from the nearest city, Monado, this resort provides the perfect spot for unwinding. Due to it's distance from the city, Tasik Ria Resort has a quiet and peaceful environment. A great place for a relaxing getaway, provided you don't mind the lack of local dining options.
The staff of the resort are very friendly, and are more than willing to fulfill any of your requests.
The resort may be situated quite a distance away from the city, however, if you want to try out the local food, the restaurant in the resort serves them as well. The prices of the food in the restaurant are reasonable as well. The food is great too!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daryl T
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My family stayed 3 nights in a poolview room in December. It was a nice and relaxing stay in this 3 stars resort. However, the service standard is definitely beyond 3 stars. The room is comfortable and comes with a small living room. The manager Dan and Andrew attended to our enquiry and request personally. Even the house keeping staff attended to our requests promptly. The dive centre staff are friendly and professional. Although my family did not dive, we joined a diving group out for snorkelling for one full day. Despite that, the dive centre arranged for a snorkelling guide to take care of my family snorkelling needs and safety throughout the day. I would say that this resort and the dive centre are professionally run. The set back is that the resort is not conveniently located. There is no other dinner option except in the resort restaurant. There is not much to do except for swimming in the pool, diving and snorkelling. The beach was disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family