“thank you”

Hotel Novotel Lampung
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Bandar Lampung
Reviewed 4 February 2014

First I was a bit disappointing about how they handle my check-in at midnight but their way to handle my complain was great. I am a satisfied guest.
The room is big with grand shower, the view is astonishing, especially combining with hotel landscape. The internet access is very fast.
How they do towel origami as Lampung mascot animal (elephant), very creative idea.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bat0sai
NovotelLampung6647, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Lampung, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear guest
Warm greeting from Novotel Lampung,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review at TripAdvisor at your current stay at Novotel Lampung. We really appreciate your positive comment about your overall experience. Thank you for your feedback, it was part of our commitment and mission that we would like to make our guest feel satisfaction and helpfully and also we apologize for your inconvenience but we will ensure your next staying will be much better than before. We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regard

There are newer reviews for Hotel Novotel Lampung

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The first hotel member of the Accor Group I rate as “poor” bordering on terrible (I didn’t want to give that rating as that would be a bit too harsh). The reviews I read about this hotel seem to have one common theme, which I can only endorse: extreme poor service. It started at check in. I was on a “discovery” tour on Sumatra for the long Chinese New year weekend and tried my luck arriving at the hotel to see if there was any availability. The receptionist was not helpful at all; she said the only thing available was a “premium ocean view” room for 1,477,000 Rp, pointing to the rack rate list. As Accor Platinum member (which I told her I am) one can imagine this is not the first hotel I stay in. Anyone in the world who didn’t just crawl out of an egg knows that no one in his right state of mind ever pays a rack rate, anywhere. Full stop. I turned out to be right: when booking at Agoda.com I got a “superior ocean view room” for 65% of the published rack rate for the “premium ocean view room”. The receptionist bit me a cranky text like: “then you book online” (hardly the sort of reception you expect from a Accor hotel). I said thank you and got to the lobby area where I went on internet to find a room on agoda.com.

I forgot that there is a special desk for loyalty cardholders, so I went there to say that I had a succeeded in booking and received a reservation number by email. The lady who helped me could not take the time to sit down and get me checked in rather stood behind her desk while typing at her keyboard – occasionally just disappearing to an adjacent sitting area where flight attendants were obviously also checking in) giving me the impression I was just an unwelcome distraction from her very busy schedule. She couldn’t find the reservation (I guess the agora.com booking was still too fresh and not yet came in) yet the lady could tell me “Oh, you booked a “standard” room” which obviously I did not book (was a superior), so I wondered how does she know what I booked if she couldn’t find the reservation and why assumes she that I booked a standard room?

Annoyed as I was I asked her whether she was in a hurry, which she admitted (can you imagine? Jee……) and if she could please sit down while I was checking in. She finally did. She then did find the reservation in her system, so she said: “I have a room for you, smoking, is that OK?” (rather than asking “smoking or non-smoking?”). I politely thanked but no definitively non-smoking (the only place in Indonesia where you can escape the omnipresent smoking after all). Finally I got the room. As it turned out she also forgot to give me the small paper with the login details for the free Wi-Fi (which is another irritant, as the log in details did not work after an hour back in the room so had to go back (for the third time). Couldn’t she have given me this at the same time I checked in?

Many people praise the “ocean view” of the hotel. Sorry to say that I find it rather uninspiring and uninteresting, had a corner room half “city” half “ocean” view. Not that spectacular at all. In defense of the hotel: it didn’t help I arrived in rainy season, it was wet and grey.

The room was way too hot. 25 degrees and that for someone from the Nordic countries, so I called, someone came in, turned some knobs and asked me to wait 30 minutes, it would improve. Like other guest observations here mentioned: the temperature remained way too hot to be comfortable. It does NOT help that –again I guess out of some ill advised “we-save-electricity” policy – guest only get one key (of course to stimulate that when you leave the room you take shut of the electricity, including the A/C).

I went down to eat at the restaurant a small lunch. Very “distant” approach by the personnel, not at all the kind of help and approach you can expect not only from Accor but also by Indonesians in general. It crossed my mind: this must be endemic in this hotel, maybe they all should get a tough training in how to approach clientele.

Some other points that make this hotel in need of upgrading (yet its only 4 years old?): 2 power outlets? It’s 2014, people bring iPads, PCs, camera batteries, etc. One could use some more outlets.

For the good thing: the rooms are spacious with a grand shower and good bed. A nice big working table (yet only one power outlet). In room minibar: small money, but still: please advertise prices including VAT and “service charge”.

Also mentioned here by other guests: don’t bother about the “Executive Floor” the breakfast was catered for Indonesians, Westerns, stay away, choice is very limited and low quality.

Again at checkout I got the same non-descript attitude at the reception (a “thanks for staying at Novotel” or what about: “ I hope you had a pleasant stay with us”?).

Room Tip: Don't spend your money on the so called Executive Floor, unless you are Indonesian. Food is just...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelGeeks2009
NovotelLampung6647, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Lampung, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for expressing yourself even if it appears that you have not enjoyed your stay with us.
Rating us at worst score and giving such negative feedback makes us feel disappointed to have failed you so drastically. i would like to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience that you have received at our property and I can understand your disappointment

like your mentioned, we were fully booked and as haven't received your reservation yet and made you wait for a while because our staff should be taking care other guest (crew attendant).For your information all room categories are displayed on the TFT screen at the front office area and provide the current actual room availability and rates. The room availability and rate may differ in our website or sites of third parties cooperating with us.
Regarding the delay in providing to you the wi-fi login password in timely manner, and the other served made you unhappy and uninteresting during your first stay. I would like to apologize on behalf of the our team, that were serving you. It's a mistake originated in the work load of the moment. It I could be easily resolved
Your highlights on our service will be acknowledged by our full team, they will surely be disappointed in spite of their numerous efforts to please our valuable guests.
Once again, we do apologize that you have been so dissatisfied during your stay with us and we are confident that your next experience at Novotel Lampung will be much more enjoyable.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon and to offer you a better stay. please feel free to contact me personally at info@novotellampung.com
I wish that you will offer us another opportunity to visit us again and discover our property and we will try our utmost to make your stay with us the most memorable and enjoyable possible.

best regard

General manager

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Novotel Lampung is located about 1 hour drive from Bandar Lampung airport, overlooking the beach on the southern tip of Sumatera Island.Traffic on the way is terrible. Hotel location very nice and very peaceful, well away from noisy city and provided Leisure facilities such as outdoor pools, a steam room, Jacuzzi, spa and gym.

• Stayed: January 2014
NovotelLampung6647, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Lampung, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear guests,
Many thanks for posting a review on trip advisor following your recent stay at our Hotel and we are pleased that your experience with us has been rather enjoyable and memorable.
And once again special thanks for your appreciated our facilities and our service were is our commitment for guest feel satisfaction

Hopefully you will plan another trip to Lampung in a near future and we will be very pleased to welcome you back at Novotel Lampung

Warmest regards.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The room which we occupied was larger than expected. However, although we were placed in the No-Smoking floor, we could smell that somebody was actually smoking on the next room, may be because our room had a connecting door but it was locked all the time. The breakfast menu was fine, and the Concierge and Bell-Captain were very helpful. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelLampung6647, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Lampung, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Mr. Albert
Warm greeting from Novotel Lampung,

Best regard,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

A room with ocean view really worths it! Make sure you get yourself one when staying here. The room, especially the kingsize bed is really comfortable. The shower is clean and of a good size. The swimming pool is huge and convenient. And not to mention the huge parking lot! Even though not very centrally located, but easy to drive to places like Tanjung Karang, Teluk Betung, or to Jalan Raya Lintas Sumatera.

Negatives: no clock, and only a single access card for every room. And somehow I have the impression that the hotel staff needs to improve in terms of helping guests for "irregular favors". For example arranging sightseeing tours through partner travel agencies, recommending closest beach, souvenir shops, car wash, etc.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
NovotelLampung6647, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Lampung, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Mrs. Dharwiyanti

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your stay at our lovely hotel.
Many thanks for recommending us so highly. And also thank you for your feedback was not your expectation. Once again contributed largely in making your experience so enjoyable and such comment will be certainly very appreciated by all our staff members.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

At the beginning, this hotel's location was not promising. Nothing to explore nearby. After, I entered the room, then I realized the hotel selling point was great beautiful sea view. Always choose sea view in this hotel. The fitness center & swimming pool was great with beautiful sea view.

However, the air cond in the room was not cold. And nothing to explore nearby in walking distance.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Abdillah A
NovotelLampung6647, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Lampung, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Mr. Abdillah

Thank you for taking your time to write a review at trip advisor at your current stay at Novotel Lampung. We really appreciate your positive comment about your overall experience, and also thank you for your feedback, we apologize and we have taken a particular note by engineering team for your comments above conditioning were not working well in your room. But we will ensure your next staying will be much better than before. We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

frequently been here for the bar & nightclub but eventually an opportunity came up to stay, we were 2 couples that booked online beforehand. Check in was very efficient, 2 rooms provided on ocean view side which was awesome. Rooms are well appointed, super fast internet & came with everything expected with the price. The "elephant towel" was curious but a nice touch. All the staff were super friendly with special mention to all the guys & girls who work the lounge bar, a great place to hang of an evening. We'd go back there in a heartbeat, a little out of town but traffic depending nothing is more than 15min away, but with all provided there really is no need to leave.
One downside is the fitness area (sauna, spa etc) is for men only which upset the wifes a bit, perhaps in advertising this needs to be made clear to avoid disappointment for female guests
No point whinging about the pool rules, its all written there in plain view & aren't hard to follow
Cant understand any negative reviews for the Novotel here, do your research, read the signs & a great stay awaits you
You'll be seeing us again for sure next time we're in Lampung, just make sure the bar is full of cold beer ;)

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are best, if a good deal on premier floors is available the minibar is free, nice t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your stay at our lovely hotel.
We are delighted to read that our team made you so very happy and successfully delivered you with a great, warm, and friendly service. We do apologize for our Spa a treatment was making your wife disappointed. Many thanks for recommending us so highly. Once again contributed largely in making your experience so enjoyable and such comment will be certainly very appreciated by all our staff members.
And we can ensure you that we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest Regards