“So close but not quite there”

Sheraton Lampung Hotel
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Bandar Lampung
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Beautiful hotel and great staff, but the rooms are outdated and I had to call maintenance to repair things three times in a one week stay. Food is better than average but not breathtaking. With a little renovation, could be great.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms; the garden view rooms are better I think.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear FollowingWallace

Greetings from Sheraton Lampung Hotel
It was great pleasure to have you as our wonderful guest and thank you for taking the time to post your comment regarding your recent visit. Your valued comments and ratings are extremely important enabling us to continually monitor the hotel’s services and facilities, especially in the area of poor maintenance where we were fell short of your expectation, and please accept our sincere apologies for your above experience. And We do on progress to have the room soft refurbishment .
We are delighted to know that you have good impression with our hotel and feel our warm associates. Your comment has been shared with the department concerned and has been followed up for further improvement.
On behalf of Sheraton Lampung family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Lampung Hotel

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stay here for 2 nights during long weekend. I think it was offering great value comparing to newer budget hotel with almost similar prices. Room and bathroom size was good with their usual comfy bed. The only problem i had with the room was with the ac controller which wasnt properly function. Note to management is to provide more pool towel for the guests (they ran out when i was there).

• Stayed: April 2014
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear mamavanya

It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent stay on last weekend at Sheraton Lampung, and taking the time to write and post feedback. Our sincere apologies with regards to the inconvenience you have experienced with the Air Conditioner in the room, also we have taken the note of less pool towel, and have shared it with the relevant department.
Your valued comments and ratings are extremely important enabling us to continuously improve the hotel’s services and facilities.

I am delighted to learn that your experience with us was a pleasant one and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the not too distant future.

Best regard.

Izewan Jahri

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Still a very good hotel, although must have seen its prime days long gone. Service is still good, food is better than its competitor. Location is a bit of a problem since it is not located in the main road/city central. the airport pckup/lounge services is definitely a plus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jontowel
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Greetings from Sheraton Lampung Hotel

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post feedback regarding your recent visit to the hotel and detailing the problems you experienced.
Through constructive feedback from you, we are able to continuously fine tune our product and service in our effort to consistently deliver exceptional service to our customer.
I would like to say thank you for your visit and valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth Sumatran hospitality at Sheraton Lampung Hotel in a not too distant future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Good place to stay at the right price but a bit tired. The service was pretty good and the food ok but the rooms are really showing their age. Things like to shower head leaking and water stains on the roof. The room was pretty clean and the bed comfortable. For one night and for about AUD75 not too bad.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mosic
Rudi S, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Dear Mosic,

Thank you for write your review regarding your stay at Sheraton Lampung Hotel.

We really appreciate your comment regarding your overall experience, especially about the shower head leaking and water stain in the roof. Our concern department will work on this issue. For your information, recently we have made some small renovation for the room furniture and facilities.

Once again, we thank you for your review. We look forward to have you back again at Sheraton Lampung Hotel in the nearest future.

Regards,

Rudi Setiawan
Room Div Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is a Starwood group of hotels....nice property , beautiful swimming pool, its in the heart of the city, they have lounge in airport for pick up and drop.During stay must try SPA.....You can enjoy your evening in bar with live music..

Room Tip: Choose room away from swimming pool to avoid noise of live program..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gopal666
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Mr Gopal

Thank you for sharing your recent and nice experience with us at tripadvisor.
We are happy to know that your overall stay with us was an enjoyable and memorable
I am so glad that you enjoyed your time in bar with our live music.
Our lounge in airport is one of our service to our guest for get easly transportation.

On behalf of Sheraton Lampung , we looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regard

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have been staying here for 16 years off and on and the place has the warmest hospitality in Lampung. Happy hour in the Lobby Bar is a must and a great place to meet others.

I would never stay anywhere else in Lampung now that I know most of the staff personally.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are good if you have children or choose a suite if you like to spread out a bit on a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AGRIG8
Izwan_Jahri, Manager at Sheraton Lampung Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Mr.Agri

We thank you for taking the time to write and sharing your experiences at trip Advisor. We appreciate for your feed back about our Happy Hour promo in the Lobby. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel and also it was part of our commitment that to make memorable experiences during your stay at Sheraton Lampung and feel connected to most of our associates.
We are looking forward you back to Sheraton Lampung when you are in Lampung

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here at Sheraton Lampung when I went there for a friends wedding. I chose this hotel because I came one day before the wedding and not planning to go around the city. So I chose a hotel that is decent and has a wide range of facilities. Finally, after searching and read some reviews and rates of some hotels, I chose Sheraton. The rate was reasonably affordable and suit my budget.

I requested for a airport pick up service, the car was okay, Innova if I'm not mistaken with friendly driver. Once I arrived, the frontdesk staff was pretty quick. I got upgrade to higher type room because the type I've booked was full. I also got early check in. The room was great, pretty similar to the pic they put in the web site. The bed was excellent and very comfy. Just like what I need after working very very hard days before I went there.

After I took a nap a while, I walk around the hotel and had lunch at the restaurant there. Pandang wangi if I'm not mistaken. I tried the fried rice. It was okay. Later in the afternoon I swam at the hotel pool. Beautiful pool surrounding. Saw the staff preparing for a buffet at the poolside restaurant. Later in the evening I had dinner there. Pretty reasonable price for a bbq buffet dinner and the live music was nice. Had a great sleep later that night. The breakfast buffet was above average, though I've had better at other hotel. But it was pretty satisfying.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Sheraton Lampung. I've tried the restaurant, the poolside dinner, the swimming pool and the sauna-steam-whirpool at the fitness center too. I've heard the hotel was pretty old, but it is very well maintained I must say. Well, some parts do need some renewal like the changing/shower room at its fitness center. The lockers do need to be replaced with new ones. But those things didn't really bother me, cause other things they've offered were great. Another plus point (in my opnion) for the hotel is that there is a masjid nearby. Just few meters walk. No need to worry, the prayer announcements didn't get to the hotel.

Thank you for Sheraton Lampung staff for the great service. Hope to see again next time I visit Lampung. :))

Room Tip: The hotel doesn't have any elevators. So if you're senior citizen or travelling with kids be...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo