“nice place IN BUKITINGGI”
Review of Canyon Cafe

Canyon Cafe
Ranked #27 of 44 Restaurants in Bukittinggi
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2013

i ever hangout in this canyon cafe..,i have a wonderfull times with some foreingners that visit bukitinggi..,we enjoy some local foods and delicious drinks..,the place is very far from any noice and every body feel so relax and fun,beside that,the guests can get many information and a profesional guide to bring us to show many interest places in west sumatera..,so..,dont say you are in west sumatera if you are not hangout in CANYON CAFE!!!..

5  Thank Anton S

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Canyon Cafe is a magic place with great and delicous food! We book a treaking tour that was amazin. The staff is friendly and helpfull. We stayd in touch with the owner untill now!

3  Thank kamilm1
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I ever hang out in the cafe while enjoying a delicious cappuccino cold ... and also the presentation is clean and the atmosphere is quiet and clean place is a suitable place to spend time and relax

other than that this cafe is also headed by a chief guide ... all the planning and all of West Sumatra trip here ... ideal spot for those who want to find a relaxed atmosphere ...

4  Thank Alan_rimba
Reviewed 27 June 2013

OK, somewhat somehow the restaurant owner got to get my "bed" review deleted, nice! My friends and I were here for trip arrangement, not for the food and drink that I "cannot compare with the local places", because the owner paid "expensive for the tax". So fact #1, I guess I have spent too much on coffee and tea at Canyon Cafe, but I have done a good job on contributing to the local economy elsewhere in Bukittinggi. Fact #2, normal price for transport from Bukittinggi to Padang or airport is Rp 40.000 per person, so what's the charter for a car at 5 am? A whopping surcharge of 275% that the owner he himself called "expensive"! And we paid for it... Fact #3, I understand the trek to Mount Merapi is as what he described - "big risky" and "not easy to find the guide to go up". But what's with the full amount collected upfront, and deposit forfeited and no refund due to weather he cannot "predict"? "Expensive"...! Yeah, that's the word he used 3 times in his reply to my previous review and I can agree no more. (Anything within quotation is quoted from his reply.) So, look elsewhere, unless you're here for the 5-star-rated food.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We went to this restaurant twice. First because it was close to our hotel, and then because it actually was very good - try the Rendang if it has been done the same day!
We also rented motorbikes there, and the service was very correct and flexible.
I would have given a 4 points to this review, but Wendra was more worried (and quite pushy - the two references of the 15th of june are here to prove it, as I was there this day too) about us writing a reference here than if the food was good or anything else. I never saw any smile or friendly attitude in this place (and in Indonesia it's kind of a record), even if we can't say that the staff was bad to us or anything. Just indifferent. But hey, this is a restaurant, and the food is very good and justifies the higher price than in local places - keep this in mind.