“The Canyon Cafe is the center of the action in Bukittingi.”
Review of Canyon Cafe

Canyon Cafe
Ranked #28 of 45 Restaurants in Bukittinggi
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I first wandered into the Canyon Cafe in 1995. Cafe owner Wendra Guci was a young rebel back then (the Indonesian equivalent of "the Fonz"). The food was fresh and good, especially the soups. Wendra helped me rent a motorbike to tour the surrounding areas, including Lake Maninjou.
My second time to Bukittinggi came in 1999, and again, my first stop was the Canyon cafe for breakfast! This time we were determined to raft the Antokan River so Wendra went about finding the right guys for the job. We had a blast. It was like something out of the movies... rapids through the jungle, AWESOME! If you're planning an adventure while you're in Bukittinggi, I highly recommend visiting Wendra and asking for his help!

3  Thank Andrew S

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Nice place to relax and spend your evening in the hill town of Bukittinggi, located exactly in the junction of A Yani Street (China Town)....

4  Thank APNOVERA Z
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Canyon Cafe is a nice place located in a nice area. A perfect place to hang out, meeting some friends, afternoon tea or coffie with some friends, or just to enjoy the atmosphere. I've been there twice, and hosted by a friendly owner. I had a great time during my visit, I enjoyed everything around me there.
It also provides tourist informations about Bukittinggi and other tourism area nearby. Very helpfull. So.. dont miss this place.
Gesti Adnan - Ubud, Bali

2  Thank Gesti_Adnan
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I travelled to Bukittinggi, West Sumatra with a friend of mine and I had been in close contact with wendra prior to arriving which was great and I found wendra to be very friendly, We stayed at bukittinggi Orchid Hotel. The whole experience was amazing. The tour guides were excellent and took us to beautiful places around Bukittinggi and West Sumatra. The experience was excellent and I would highly recommend wendra.

3  Thank PutraRiza
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I have been to the "Canyon Cafe" many times now and have never had a dish that was less than great. The food is truly brilliant, authentic, and simply tasty. The "Rendang" is amazing (and addictive) and if you prefer fish, the "Gurame goreng bumbu kuning" is an excellent choice.

6  Thank MichaelGraf