“And old hotel but centrally located”
Review of Novita Hotel

Novita Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Jambi
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This used to be Novotel Jambi before the owner took it on his own hands to run the hotel. He hasn't been quite successfull, though. The only things that make this hotel booked are its location and the size of its rooms. It's centrally located, the rooms are spacious, but really, really gloomy! I couldn't read properly in the room after dark although I turned on all of the lamps. The room they gave me was a smoking room. It didn't smell apvery bad as I could open a window and let fresh air came in. There was a prohibition to cook in the room, so I wasn't surprised when I found some scorch marks on the carpet near electricity sockets. The food is good, but rather pricey. You could easily cross the street to find cheaper dinner, and there's even a Pizza Hut next door. The receptionist wasn't really attentive. We were ignored for quite a while even though we have told him our names. Since it was already late and we hadn't had dinner, we told him we wanted to jave dinner first and requested to have our room keys prepared. But when we returned, he still hadn't prepared anything, even though he only needed to write down our names on the list and assign a room. He remarked rather condescendingly that all of the guests for the event we were attending were foreigners and how come we weren't. I didn't know whether hew as being friendly or just plain nosy.

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by two mosques and the street in front of it is a major street. There's...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Carreen A

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The location is perfect, right in the middle of Jambi business area.. The receptionists were very friendly and gave me fast and hassle-free check-in and check-out service. They gave me a non-smoking room on the 8th floor. Thou when I walked on the hallway to my room, I still smelled cigarette smoke. The room was quite spacious with mixed of new and old furnitures. The ambience for me was rather gloomy. The carpet which covered the floor gave me a mild allergic reaction. The air-conditioner had molds. The bedsheet, the bed cover, the hand towels, and the towels all had yellowish color. When I opened the tap water to wash my hands, I knew what caused the yellowish color. The water bit yellow and not clear. At 1 am, I woke up to pee and when I wanted to wash my hands, the water was so yellow that I should use my bottled drinking water to wash my hands. The bathroom was look old and gloomy. The toilet seat, the bathtub, the shower looked worn. The electric kettle was look stained, bit burnt, and the heating metal inside was bit rusty, I didn't dare to use it to heat water to make tea and coffee. The electricity was poor also. I have experienced 3 times black-out, each was short, but enough to got me me bit panic. The breakfast was so so. But there's a Pizza Hut (one of the pizza restaurant chain) just on the right of the hotel lobby, which open from 7 am for breakfast. I don't think the price and the four stars label suitable for this hotel. Luckily, I just stayed for one night. I probably will not stay here anymore if I have better choice of hotel in Jambi.

Room Tip: Choose the non-smoking room. Bring more bottled drinking water to use in case the water in the room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank miu85
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It was much better when it run buy the Novotel (Accor Group). The location is the most valuable advantage. Lack of maintenance make this hotel looks dull. The smoking room is terrible. It was still smelly with nicotine odor when I first entered the room. The carpet full of burnt dot from the cigarette ember. Yes, it has Pizza Hut and department store at the same building. But it is nearly nothing in the downtown after 11 PM.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe room. Never pick the smokinh room. Lower level will be great for lack of maintenan...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FahrulAmama
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Strategic location, near central business, service and food are good enough.
Room need to be improved. Sometimes has a problem with electricity.
Room maintenance is below average.
They have pizza hut and department store in the same building.

Room Tip: Non smoking room is good for you
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronnysetiawan
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Strategic location is this hotel's main advantage, which make this hotel a primary choice for business accommodation in Jambi.

The rooms are big and convenient.

However maintenance of rooms are mediocre. Some of the lighting fixtures are difficult to operate.

Services generally need improvement. I believe this hotel was once operated by international hotel chain but unfortunately the hospitality was not inherited by the local management.

The manners of how guests are greeted (if any) lacked the warmth and hospitality.

Generally this hotel is okay for business.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank MegaNainggolan
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had a very unremarkable two night stay..
The rooms are large, but thats the case almost all over indonesia
The hotel rooms seemed recently renovated.. Very average service and food
More expensive compared to similar hotels in jakarta..
Short drive from the airport..the hotel also has a pizza hut in the same building

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Basantk
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The room was fine, nothing special some stains on the side of the sheet, basic bathroom but with plenty of amenities like laundry detergent. I stayed here for eight days for work. Very few staff speak English but they try to understand what you need. The laundry service is good value for a hotel (they send it out). The breakfast is included and fine. Overall, I just felt the price was too high for the quality of the room. The food stalls outside the hotel at night are very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business