“Poor service, so-so food”
Review of Tip Top Restaurant

Tip Top Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 26 Dessert in Medan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Not very impressed by the food nor the menu, as we found a lot of them are nicer and cheaper elsewhere in Medan. The bunch of waiters and waitress offered poor service, I have ordered a sambal terong (egg plant) which he mistakenly thought is sambal telur (egg), and he didn't inform that the nasi sayur I ordered was already finished until I asked for it, to add on to my pain, he didn't take down my ice cream order AT ALL. I have to ask for the captain, which salvaged the whole situation, he was attentive, helpful and friendly, and at last we got our order right. The restaurant allows in door smoking hence I don't think it's appropriate for family with children to dine in.

There are newer reviews for Tip Top Restaurant

Reviewed 16 April 2014

lately, i just visited tip top restaurant, i could recomend for visitors who comes to medan, do not forget to stop by at this restaurant, the food mostly are delicious, also the ice cream, hhhmmm...so yummy, should try!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Interesting historic pictures on the restaurant. Food average, price reasonable. Tried the ice cream, not bad but nothing special. Would have love to try the cake but was too full, but the cakes looks really tempting with so many variety of choice.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

not sure whether they were cleaning something or exhaust from the street, but the smell when we ate their made me nauseous. I went by later and the smell was still there, which will preclude me from dining here again.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We went to restaurant because of it's fame as the oldest in medan. As we walked in, we passed a display of cakes but i was not impressed as the cakes looked very ordinary.

It was difficult to get the attention of the waiters. To be fair it was very busy and every table was full. But in the end we had to go up to the counter to ask for menus, and again had to physically walk up to a waiter to ask them to come to our table to take our order.

Food served was mainly indonesian chinese, and western dishes. We tried various types of noodles and all of it was very bland. Maybe it's to suit foreigners.

I would definitely not go there again for the food. I might go if i just wanted to sit and have a rest if i happen to be in the area.