JW Marriott Hotel Medan
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,104 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeprime steakhouseinfinity poolbest hotel in townlobby barbusiness triphigh floorchinese restaurantrain showervisited medanbreakfast buffet isf bcity viewlake tobalocal foodspacious roommany choices
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My partner and I stayed here when we were backpacking, the hostels in Medan are not great, so when we found there was a Marriott, we enquired with regards to staying, and were pleasently suprised to find out how resonable it was, especially for a 5 star hotel. We stayed for 4 days before going into the jungle and it was brilliant, the rooms and service were amazing! The room was spacious and clean and uber modern, the gym facilities were exceptional and the infinity pool on the 17th floor was lovely and suprisingly quiet so there was always sun loungers available. The Breakfast was a buffet and included in the room price and there was more than enough variety. Its definatly the best place to stay in Medan.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Hi All
My first visit to Medan was to meet a special lady. I could not have picked a nicer and safer place to stay. I am not a frequent traveller so when I stay somewhere I like to stay somewhere nice. This is the only place to stay in Medan. The security is tight, the rooms are very clean and comfortable, the staff are friendly but unobtrusive. The cost is very reasonable. I booked one of their cars to collect me from the airport, and despite missing my flight from Jakarta, the driver waited for the next flight, even though I had no way to contact them. The only piece of advice I can give anyone is to request a room on a high floor. The traffic noise will keep you awake. Did I enjoy my stay? When I checked out I said to the lady that I now have another home. She was surprised and asked where that was. I said it was the Marriott. And to please book me in for my next visit. This really is the only place to stay in Medan

Room Tip: High rooms are the best
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Have stayed in this hotel a few times in 2011 due to business trips and I have to say that it's quite impressive for a city like Medan.
The rooms are very well laid out with everything you will need for anyone on work trips - good desk, good lighting, good plug points and (now) free wifi/internet for Marriott members. The shower/bathrooms are a good size and amenities are good. Very well thought of.
Ate a few times at the lobby cafe for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Good selection on both the menu and the buffet. Didn't try the steakhouse or the Chinese restaurant, but stopped by at the bar below the steakhouse and the service was good. Room service was good as well - a good selection and prompt.
A nice compact and fairly well equipped gym that is situated right next to the spa and the pool (didn't try either of them out, but the pool did look nice). Good amenities at the gym as well.
Maybe one little negative is that the business centre is fairly small, but the staff don't really mind that we conducted meetings in any of their food outlets.

All in all, a very good hotel for business travellers and I'm sure holiday-makers will enjoy the place too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The stay was fantastic. service caters more for local tourists than those from overseas as evident by their English but we got by. I wish they would help more with getting taxis and negotiating with fares. Pity they allow the taxi mafia to operate right on their doorstep charging exorbitant fares for relatively short trips. We actually insisted on taxi meter use to two destinations and did ask concierge for assistance which they did. I am not upset we caused a small commotion because we did. The location of hotel is closeby to local eateries such as Tip Top and Merdeka Walk. Luckily the hotel rooms are sound proof as they were holding a rock concert opposite the hotel. We also checked our mini bar and noticed that some snacks were missing, which indicated they didn't check before or did not restock. We asked them to restock as we did not want to have the bill showing we had taken anything. Overall it was an excellent stay and value for money for a five star location.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The hotel extends a good service from the staff. The arrival and check-in were efficient. The bedroom is very nice; the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast was great; the food variety of the buffet is excellent. The concierge was very helpful and knowledgable; they provided good information that I needed. Basically, the stay here was better than expected.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple