“Luxurious hotel”

JW Marriott Hotel Medan
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Medan
“Luxurious hotel”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What a luxurious 5 stars hotel in Medan. Everything was nice. Near the downtown Medan. The room was very big. The view from the top floor was great especially at night. i'll stay at this hotel again if i visit Medan. Everything was very great about this hotel

Stayed April 2014
Management T, JW Marriott Medan at JW Marriott Hotel Medan, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Mr. Andre R

Thank You for your Tripadvisor review.

I am extremely happy to read that you had a fantastic time whilst your stay at the hotel. Your warm comment will definitely be shared with the team so we may provide you with the positive JW Marriott Medan experience again on your next visit.

Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Gerald Moutte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Was very impressed with this JW Marriott. Everything about the place feels like 5 star. The room was really spacious and comfortable.

My one year old was having high fever whilst i was there and the hotel staff was very helpful in trying to help in whatever way they could. Though there was not much they could, but really appreciated them rushing the thermometer for us and checking in on the situation after that.

Breakfast was very impressive too!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Weennee

Thank you for sharing your experience with travel community! I am happy to hear that that your stay with us was overall a pleasant experience.

And I am happy to learn that our staff happily assisted you during your stay and that you found that our breakfast impressive.

I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3D2N. Checked In was quick probably holding a platinum status. Escorted to level 29 and assigned to a corner king executive room. The view is fantastic but the view nearer to Medan Train station is better. The room is huge. But the room deco a big old. Need a facelift.

During, the stays the major hiccup is wi-fi access was entirely down entire hotel almost 24 hours (it could be more as I have checked out). They provide an alternative to surf internet but at lounge and lobby. My stays is really being spoilt by it. Hope the management can rewards all guest affected with Marriott rewards point. It really creates a big inconvenient.

The executive lounge, is huge and nice view. The cocktail food is great. I really enjoy it. The staffs in the lounge extremely helpful.

The swimming pool is a must visit and take a dip. Great experience !!!!

Walking distance to Merdeka Walk. To be frank, the attraction is walking distance if u want to walk. Taxi Bluebird is always waiting at hotel for your request. Very reliable and go by meter. IDR20K is good to bring you from hotel to place of interest.

Local food, try at Selat Panjang Road and Semarang Road (only operates at night). Heard Majapahit road do have great local food too. I didn't have enough time to venture it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Management T, JW Marriott Medan at JW Marriott Hotel Medan, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mr/Mrs Loiwy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at the hotel.

I was happy to read the positive experiences you had during your stay. And we are truly honored to have you as a Marriott Platinum member visit our hotel. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

My deepest apologies for the Wifi connection encountered during your stay. Indeed we did not have internet in the rooms for a 24 hour period. The server had failed and required a replacement spare part that was not available in Medan. In the meantime we have resolved this issue and internet is back to normal. I realize the damage has been done and deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused you.

I do hope you we will have the opportunity to make it up to you when your plans bring you back to Medan, in which case please let me help make the arrangements for you at mhrs.mesmc.fom@marriott.com

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was here for a business trip in the first week of July. I really liked the hotel and enjoyed my stay. The staff is very courteous and professional. They made sure our stay was comfortable. The rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean. The room had all the amenities. The staff was quick in responding to our needs. The breakfast was nice. The concierge was helpful. What more could one ask for?
Special thanks to the staff of JW Marriott who helped us with everything!

Room Tip: Nothing specific.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Sunnyggn

Thank You for your Tripadvisor review.

I am extremely happy to read that you had a fantastic time whilst your stay at the hotel. Your warm comment will definitely be shared with the team so we may provide you with the positive JW Marriott experience again on your next visit.

Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here on our wedding day in JW marriott. The room is very comfy, modern, clean, just what you expect from a five stars hotel. Breakfast spread was awesome! Good view from my room. And that's all the good things about it...

There is no ''honeymoon'' decorations although we celebrated our wedding reception in here. During our check out, we were charged for the bill in restaurant which we had never visited. But the woman on the front desk insisted that we should have been there as the bill appeared. I told them to check again and they finally find out it wasn't our bill.. They only said '' yes it's not your bill'' and doesn't seems to regret their careless mistake to charged the bill to my room. The service wasn't what i expect from a five stars hotel.

Overall my stay was good but not great either..

Room Tip: Executive room is the corner room with good view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms. Windztraveller

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review.

I am deeply concerned having read your review and would like to contact you directly. As it is unclear which event this was in regards to, would you be so kind as to email me with your contact details at mhrs.mesmc.dosm@marriott.com

Thank you and look forward to contact you soon,

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stay here for 3D3N for business reason. When i entered the lobby,feel so comfortable and luxurious intelligence lighting.
I stay in deluxe king size room. Its wide ,business concept room,with very nice support laptop desk,free and fast internet connection. Laptop desk where i can work,has a side to large window.
Its very satisfied to stay in here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Management T, JW Marriott Medan at JW Marriott Hotel Medan, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Ms Silvi Z

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Medan.

We are delighted to read that you had a fantastic time whilst your stay at the JW Marriott Medan. We will be sure to share your positive review with my team on how we have made your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

5 Star hotel for very cheap prices we paid AU$70 a night Yes thats right for the Marriott !!! We booked through hotels.com. Buffet Breakfast included for 2 people in that price. Such comfortable beds and an awesome roof top pool. Of course everything else is expensive because its 5 star but there are plenty of Malls and food places you can go to... But at least try the Cosmo Cocktail Yummy :0)

Room Tip: We chose a double king the bed is massive
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Management T, JW Marriott Medan at JW Marriott Hotel Medan, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Ms. Asha C

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review.

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the JW Marriott Medan and we are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable time in Medan/Bukit Lawang. I hope you spotted many Orang Utans during your trip to Bukit Lawang. It’s such a special place to visit in this area.

I’m also glad that we have met your expectations and that you had a wonderful experience in JW Marriott Medan. Your stay happened to be during the holy month of Ramadan, this is a time which we offer very special room promotions and I am happy you were able to avail that rate.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.