Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan
  • Breakfast included
US$71
US$41
Agoda.com
K77 Guest House Medan(Medan)(Great Value!)
US$14
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
US$59
Agoda.com
All reviewscambridge mallrooftop restaurantsmall mallbusiness tripbika ambonstrategic locationswimming poolstaying at this hotelvisit medanbuffet breakfastnice staysmoking roomstreet foodrecommended hotelfive star hotelnice roomchecking in
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We have been to the jungle in Tangkahan and Bukit Lawang while in Sumatra. We stayed here one night at the hotel after each location mentioned above. The hotel provides everything you would expect from a five star hotel and is on par with other five star accommodation we stayed at in the past.

The breakfast buffet has an good selection. The staff is friendly and speaks good English. There are plenty of taxis available in front of the hotel. The Cambridge shopping center is in the same building which has several coffee places such as Starbucks, J.Co Coffees and others.

We were pleasantly surprised that we were remembered by the receptionist on our second night.

• Stayed: September 2011
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Dear Sir,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

Thank you for choosing Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan as your preferred accommodation during your visit to Medan, and for sharing your kind appreciation with us!

We are so much delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your comment on the service level provided by our staff is most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

Thank you once again for your kind patronage, and we all look forward to welcoming you again at Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan during your next visit to Medan!

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This hotel is very nice, and clean. The food at the attached restaurants is good, and their is a very nice mall right next door.

Beds are comfortable and rooms are clean and quiet. Bathrooms are very modern and have great shower heads.

I love this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2011

Dear Mr. Paul,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and particularly value our strategic location and room.

It has been a pleasure for us to be at your service, and we look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Medan.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Checked in late and got the bellboy to send luggage up - took 30mins and a reminder call. Room is clean, spacious and new. Nice view from my room at 17th level. Requested for morning call but did not hear anything. No newspaper for me but was given to my friend in another room. Lounge have a very good live band. Very entertaining but quiet on tuesday. Breakfast is good. There is room for improvement and will choose this hotel definitely.

• Stayed: August 2011
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

Thank you for choosing Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan as your preferred accommodation during your visit to Medan, and for taking the time to inform us regarding your recent stay with us.

We have noted your comments about the luggage sending, wake up call, and newspaper. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured that we will emphasize on training for the comfort of our future guests. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to reinforce the quality of our service and we really appreciate your constructive comments.

We are pleased to read that you appreciate the comfort of your room, our music lounge, and breakfast provided.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again during your next visit to Medan.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Its always very dampening to arrive at a hotel with high expectations having received many excellent reviews here at TA but only to realise that its far worst beyond what you're expecting.

Firstly i have to give credits to Ms Vivi for replying to my emails promptly. Ive stated clearly in my email that i required an airport transfer to the hotel upon my arrival in Medan and ive also requested for an early check-in given the fact that i will reach Medan at 8AM. She was clear in her explanation that the early check in can only be determined by the availability of the room on the day of arrival itself and that i have to liase with the front-desk with this matter.

So all was well..the transfer to the hotel was professionally done and so there i was standing at the reception waiting to check in. Now this is when everything just got from bad to worst. The staffs managing the front desk are not fluent in English. Although i know a bit of Bahase, i find it very annoying that i have to repeat myself incessantly just so they could fully understand my request. Now this particular lady over the front desk counter told me that the only available room for early check in is a smoking room. I told her im fine with it for now but is it possible if she were to transfer me to a non-smoking room once the other guests have check out...she told me its not possible. When i asked her what was the reason for it..she told me its within their policy not to transfer guests to another room within the same day, Honestly i didnt buy her explanation but since i didnt want it make it any harder...i complied.

When i got to the room,the air was very stale. The smell of smoke was clearly evident. To make matter worst...there was only a set of bedroom slippers and towel. Didnt they know that there are 2 guests in the room?!

So i called house-keeping and request for another set of bedroom slippers...and to my horror they gave me the same side of bedroom-slippers!! Both for the right foot!!Now how am i supposed to wear that?! On top of that.. the safe in the room was spoilt!! When i called reception to inform them about the matter..She replied me on an entirely different subject about late check out! Gosh!! I reckon she could not understand English or perhaps she has no situational awareness at all!!After much frustation on the line,she finally paused to listen attentively and told me she will send an engineer up to rectify the problem...I waited for 1 hour but still no engineer!!

I tried calling the duty manager but nobody answered my call. However it stated there clearly that duty manager are available 24-7 at your needs and queries!At this point of time...i was very pissed and tired! So i went down to the reception and asked to speak to the duty manager..and there was Ms Fene.She told me she's the supervisor.

I told her ive been waiting for an engineer to fix the safe but no one came! Told her about the bed-room slippers and the smoking room. She immediately send an engineer up.However,the engineer coudnt fix it so she had to change me to another room. This time a non-smoking room. So much of not being able to transfer guests to another room within the same day!

Clearly i was very disappointed..on another note the carpet of the room was very dirty and mouldy,The light at the bathroom was flickering throughout.This is by far the worst hotel ive ever stayed at.I hope the management could train their staffs better in every aspect. Working in the service industry myself, i am fully aware of the challenges that this line brings but honestly.. Grand Swiss Bel Hotel Medan is really not a 5 star hotel like it claims it is. Truly Dissapointing!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

First of all, allow us to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent experience in our hotel.

The experience you describe in your letter causes us deep concern. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any frustration and anxiety that it may have caused you.

Our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer-focused and all guest concerns and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.

We can only reiterate our regret that we did not handle the situation in a proper manner. Your experience certainly does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for, and indeed customarily maintain at Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan. Kindly rest assured that appropriate training will be conducted to avoid the recurrence of such incident in the future.
We also regret that we cannot offer the rate for Airlines Crew as per your initial request.

We do appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve. We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you when you next visit Medan. If we can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

So far this is the best interior for the room , that i have ever stayed.
The bathroom is modern, room spacious, even the bed is amazing.
I stayed for one night only, i arrived very late night, its a pitty, i cant enjoy the roof top dinning. But i had a small chance to go up to see the view from the spot.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Dear Sir,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

Thank you for choosing to stay with Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan, and for sharing your appreciation with us!

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and particularly value the interior of our room and one of our outlet, The Edge Top Floor Restaurant, that offers amazing view of the city.

It has been a pleasure for us to be at your service during your stay period, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again during your next visit to Medan.