“4-Star Hotel w/ 5-Star Atmosphere”

Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Jakarta, Indonesia
“4-Star Hotel w/ 5-Star Atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

On my 2nd trip to Medan, my travel agent managed to book rooms for me and my colleague at this hotel. When I first arrive at the lobby, I was already impressed with the elegant design of the interiors. The reception ladies were very warm and full of smiles. I was even offered for a free membership to enjoy on the entire Swiss Belhotel chain. Not to forget, the welcome drink is very pleasant.

A very good thing regarding the location of this hotel is that it is just next door to Cambridge Mall, a medium-sized mall with a number of popular restaurants. I ate my dinner at Duck King on the 3rd Floor.

My first opinion of the room is very, very positive. It is significantly large. 40" LCD w/ lots of channels to choose with; a spacious and clean bathroom and of course, comfy beds and 3 pillows to rest your head on.

The only thing that bothered me was that the working desk is located just across the aircon ventilation. Though I have set the temperature to minimal, still the wind blowing is strong enough to make me a little dizzy after 30 mins in front of my laptop working. Besides that, everything was great.

Breakfast the next morning was also very pleasant. We can choose a lot of menu ranging from Indonesian, Asian and Western dishes. I love their 'Lontong Cap Gomeh' or Sumatran Laksa and also the hot waffle.

In the end, this hotel will be my first preference on my next trip to Medan.

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank iniferry
GSBM, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, 10 December 2010

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staffs and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your remark on the working desk location has been carefully noted, and will be taken for future improvement. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to adjust and better serve our guests and meet their satisfaction.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again at Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan.

Management of Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Seremban
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I am coming to the end of my 5D/4N stay at this Hotel.
I had a great stay here and would strongly recommend this place to every one.
The services rendered can only be summed up as EXCELLENT.
I cannot put my finger on any one person because each and every one rendered great service.
There is a lovely mall located within the hotel with umpteen types of food being served.
Garuda Air has an office in the basement and I got to check in some 20 hours before my flight.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
SwissBelhotelMedan, Manager at Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan, responded to this review, 15 December 2010

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Medan and for taking the time to share your appreciation with us.

We are very pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our service and for recommending us to the other valued customers.

We cannot thank you enough for your kind support and hope we will have the pleasure of serving you and your family again soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Hotel is very good, clean, professional staffs. Smooth check in , they able to speaks english and mandarin, and one of them speak french too. Very helpful and charming. Unfortunately staff at cafe is lousy, seems like warong staff.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Dear Miss,

Warmest greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We would like to thank you for choosing Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan as your accommodation choice during your visit to Medan.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our Front Office staffs. Your kind words have been passed to our teams and this will certainly motivate us to keep up the good work.

However, it is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with the service of our staff at Swiss Cafe. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. Your remark has been carefully noted and we can assure you that the necessary steps have been taken to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon at Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan.

Jakarta
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Been a regular guest of Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan for 1 year, and really enjoyed staying here! Staff across the management is very friendly... Once, I left my laptop at the coffee shop, and it was kept safely by the FO Dept. I was called about this and picked it up later. Mr. Agus Salim, who happened to be the Room Division Manager at the Front Office, is a very helpful and friendly guy. He always greets me when I first check-in, and asks if there is anything he could do to make my stay a great pleasure in Medan. I recommend this hotel to be on your list if you are making your trip (either leisure or business) to Medan. It's close to the airport, and adjacent to a luxurious shopping mall. Very efficient! Keep up the great service!

Janice

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We cannot thank you enough for your kind support and loyalty towards Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan.

It has been our greatest pleasure to welcome you during each of your visit to Medan. We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our managers and staffs and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Mr. Agus Salim who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate us to keep up a good work.

We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Medan.

Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I may say that I'm a repeated occupier to this Grand Swiss-belhotel Medan and buy their SBEC member program offered indeed. Thanks to its attached Cambridge mall facility and its strategic location which is quite near to the nice eating places in Medan. I love shopping and enjoying the night life in Medan even though that I am a local. I love to spend my weekend with friends around and having a pampered weekend with them. I was impressed to the comfort of this hotel and the luxury of its building design. I have been registered as their member since 18th of June 2010 and regularly choose this hotel as my weekend getaway destination ever since and even before.
But I am regretfully would like to announce to the whole world that my 5-8 august 2010 will be my last stay in this Grand Swiss-belhotel Medan.
oh God.. what is wrong with you FRONT OFFICE department? and what is wrong with you Mr.AGUS SALIM as a Front Office Manager who is supposed to be a good sample to your all subordinates but behaved even more rude and seemed less educated than your staffs. You have ruined and broken-up my great plan weekend by your impolite and your RUDE attitude and words during my BREAKFAST time with my friends! and for the sake of the goodness, I believe that all the people in the world consider to spend money to enjoy nights in hotel due to its basic function that is: to give a comfort away from home which is I do not get from this hotel on my last stay!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us.

We wish to extend to you our deepest apologies for the unfortunate incident that occurred during your stay. We will look into this matter accordingly.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you, when you next visit Medan. If we can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

London
Reviewed 26 March 2010

It is not often that I add any significant comment to a hotel review, but after a stay at the Swiss Bel-hotel, I considered it worthy of more than clicking a few stars.

In an effort to sidestep the intensity of Medan, we chose this hotel primarily because of its location (near Polinia) and apparent comfort level. My partner and I booked through asiarooms and found a rate of $75 (just over £50 or 690k Indo-Rup) just the night before. Upon arrival, following a cramped, uncomfortable bus ride, we were delighted to find a friendly and welcoming staff from the security guard through to the reception staff dealing with our reservation. Our booking was dealt with efficiently with complimentary drinks being provided on arrival to refresh us during the process. The room facilities were excellent including a large bathroom again having all the complimentary products any traveller could require. Any queries or requirements we had were dealt with by all members of staff involved immediately without any quibble and with a smile making our stay effortless. We also took advantage of the excellent gym and spa faciliies (all complimentary for hotel guests) which included a well equipped gym, large outside pool with views over the city, sauna, steam room jacuzzis etc.
Although the restaurant seemed to provide a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere, we decided to venture out of the complex and eat at a curry house which came highly recommended (by a friend not the hotel) located only a few roads away.
After a comfortable sleep, we rose early for breakfast which was served on the 2nd floor in the restaurant. Again, all the usual foods one might expect from an international standard hotel, with the obligatory pancake chef, omlette chef, juice maker etc. While the coffee and Indonesian cuisine in pareticular was top notch, some of the other food we sampled didn't quite make the grade. During our stay we noticed that some p0arts of the hotel were still no9t operational (including the restaurant/bar on the 26th floor was still being built) and so we put the slightly below par breakfast down to initial 'teething problems'. I should add that even though some of breakfast wasn't great, because of the huge choice on offer, we didn't go hungry.

We packed up and checked out. Efficient front of house staff (again) made this part quick and painless. We requested that a taxi be arranged to take us to the airport. Front of house arranged a comfortable transfer vehicle owned by the hotel to drop us to the airport for free - which was more than we bargained for given the £50 we paid for the room!

A slight drawback for us was the slightly overpriced drinks offered at the downstairs bar, although we appreciate that the hotel will probbably be used for business purposes and settled on an expense account so this may not be particularly important to the majority. There was a couple of happy hour deals on beer and selected cocktails which made the prices more realistic.

We stay in a lot of top class hotels in the UK, the Swiss Bel-hotel was up there with the best, thanks mostly top the excellent and friendly staff and the quality of the rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We would like to thank you for choosing Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan as you accomodation choice and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly appreciate the friendliness and assistance of our staffs. It is our aim to be customer-focused and all guest queries and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.

For your information, we have just opened two new fabulous outlets, which are The View Music Lounge and Bar at 26th floor, and The Edge (Top Floor Restaurant) at 27th floor.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

malaysia / melaka
Reviewed 31 January 2010

stayed for 3D / 2N....... given room on 20th Floor..... excellent view from both sides......
the bathroom is done in "Black Marble" so the maids dont really clean it........can see the soap stain on glass partition..........otherwise .......everything is good as expected........
variety of choice for breakfast..........room service was rather slow......too bad they dont have "Yogurt"......Buffet lunch was good.........
service by cafe staff n FO very good as well..........will be back soon.......
On the last day ......after checking out ......reaching Airport......I realized that i have left my "Ring" in the bathroom.........asked the Tour Agent " Pak Salim" to infom the hotel..........
to my surprise it was delivered to me at the Airport before i checked in through Immigration..........thank you guys.........really really appreciate that......AND I WILL BE BACK SOON ):
tq

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Swiss Belhotel Medan!

We are very pleased that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel.

Your comments on the bathroom and room service have been well noted and we can assure you that necessary steps have been taken to avoid any inconvenience in the future.

We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Medan.