“Great hotel with nice location and spa facilities”

Grand Aston Cityhall Hotel & Serviced Residences
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
“Great hotel with nice location and spa facilities”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Impressive hotel from the moment you walk in. Amazing breakfast. Close to 2 shopping malls and an area which is nice in the evening. Pool and sauna were nice. However, no mixed sauna (I'm not used to that). Also water at sauna was either to hot (37 and 41 degrees c) or to cold for me (1.2 c). But this are all minor details. Had a very pleasant stay and stayed one night longer than planned. A

• Stayed May 2014
GrandAstonMedan, General Manager at Grand Aston Cityhall Hotel & Serviced Residences, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Martijnder Noordwijk,

Thank you for your review, We appreciated it! I hope you enjoyed our breakfast signature 'Lontong Medan' as well :) I'll discuss the water temperature in the sauna and will inform our third party sauna operator.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next visit and see you here again!

Rizky Dermawan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Indonesian first
Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I made a reservation for one night stay for my partner due to urgent business matter. I stayed with him all the night. We went through check in process smoothly and love the way the greeter greeted us with smile and complimentary drink. Also the bellman was willingly to help us while we don't have so many baggage.

It happened to be the best cozy feel ever as the corridor music is really peaceful and I believe it was carefully selected music. I love the surrounding, the staffs are friendly and always smile. The room are the best, We can see the scenic view of Merdeka Walk and the whole city. we stayed in Deluxe Corner room with twin bed.

Well, that's really are an amazing experience for me. They have free WiFi on almost all of the public area in the Hotel. We had a free buffet breakfast that morning but yet still some foods are not the best I think. It was somewhat plain flavor for me. And also I don't really feel right about them were charging guests for lost key cards. Other than that, overall is awesome.

If happens to cross again, I will surely recommend Grand Aston Hotel to my business partner. Bravo!

Room Tip: Ask for Deluxe Corner room. Remember to ask password in case you need Internet access
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GrandAstonMedan, General Manager at Grand Aston Cityhall Hotel & Serviced Residences, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Klaudius R,

Greetings from Medan!
I am glad that you found it well. Yes, we are carefully select each of the song according the time from morning to evening and each of them will create cozy and peaceful ambience :)

Thank you for the breakfast notice as well, we are upgrading the menu, taste, and will have new buffet table set up, hopefully by the time you come again will be more satisfying

Once again thank you for your review, my regards to your family, and see you here again!

Singapore
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I think a lot of people have already commented about how good this hotel is, how great the room is, so I just want to add in that they really have a world class gym in this hotel ! It is big, spacious, and they have a bunch of equipment which you can't even find in a normal gym. I mean, don't get me wrong, the room is also great, but for me personally, I don't mind coming back one day just to have a gym session in this hotel.
That being said, the breakfast was also good. Great variety of food, delicious local delicacies. Looking forward to come back and stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adrianwn
GrandAstonMedan, General Manager at Grand Aston Cityhall Hotel & Serviced Residences, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear andrianwn,

Glad you take time to explore the gym! I am glad to hear that our facilities fits you well. We are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Warmest Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was a pretty new hotel in Medan when we were staying there in December 2013 for about a week. Everything was clean, service was good, plenty of choices on breakfast buffet. Price was cheap for this five star. We got it for about AUD75 a night. The only drawback that we had was the room next door was eating durian inside their room. The smell was all over the entire floor which we stayed. The hotel should be more strict about this.

Room Tip: Tip the front desk.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jun A,

Greetings from Medan! Thank you for taking time to write us a review. By our policy, bringing Durian and Mangosteen into the rooms is not allowed and penalty will be applied for any violations. I apologize if the smell caused you discomfort. We will pay more attention to this matter.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I walked from the airlink station to the hotel. It is very close actually.
It was my first time stay in Aston, but I was very surprise for it surroundings. Just move to the opposite of the hotel, and you can get into Merdeka Walk and have some food and fun there, especially in the Saturday Night.
The hotel staffs are very helpful and friendly. I love all facilities in the hotel, especially the bright room, wifi, and the bathroom. Really want to come back to Aston!

Room Tip: Find a promo time to get discount rate.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Scouter F
Dear Scouter F,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. Kindly visit our website for promotions.

port Klang
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in quite a number of hotels in Medan but so far, Grand Aston has been the best.
Loved the spacious room, the hot rain shower, the lobby, swimming pool.
The breakfast choices are slightly less than some other hotel but the choices are good. I am not much of an eater so, I don't mind.
The best part for me is the Merdeka Walk just opposite the hotel. With local & fast food choices, I don't have to eat in hotel all the time. I also went for jogging in the park as the open stadium track is just behind Merdeka Walk.
For shopping, Grand Palladium & Centre Point is just walking distance away. Be careful of the traffic when you cross the road.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tinagargopal
Dear Tinagargopal,

Your review draws smiles to our faces. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you again soon!

Palembang, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Last stay is very comfortable, kind assistance from front office department and fast responds from House keeping staff and great breakfast many choices of breakfast,,,nice stay ,, definitely will stay there again,,

• Stayed February 2014
Ms. Henny,

Thank you for choosing Grand Aston City Hall Medan as your place to stay in Medan. We look forward to welcome you again soon!

Best Regards,