“4 stars hotel? really?”

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Medan
Jakarta
“4 stars hotel? really?”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

When I first checked in, it took me ages. The check in service is slow.
I was pregnant and they wanted to put me in a smoking room because it was fully booked, I dont think they know that the poison stained in the bed, linen, etc. After arguing and calling my office who booked the room, they agreed to put me in a non-smoking room, but twin beds.
The room is very small and without minibar. It turned out that the room booked for me (I think it was superior) has no fridge. I don't blame my office because who is gonna think that four stars hotel has any room without fridge? I explained to the room service that I am expressing breastmilk and I need a fridge, their solution was to store it at the restaurant on level 3. So if I express my milk at 2am (which I usually do), I had to go to level 3 to store it? At the end, my office from Jakarta had to get involved, they agreed to bring me a chiller for my breast milk. It wasn't really cold, no freezer to freeze the icegel. For pregnant woman or nursing mother, I dont think they are sensible enough!

The room service food is expensive and it was not good. The breakfast is so so and the menu needs to be changed everyday. It seems that they have less chair than the guest so there were always people stealing chairs in my table. And that's annoying !

To be fair, the staffs are friendly, but like most indonesians so nothing special.

Room Tip: well it turned out that you have to make sure that you mentioned in the reservation to have non-smok...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sanscoulottes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

If you love this planet, don't stay at this hotel. Why did I say that? It's because, everytime I wanted to take hot shower, I had to waste the water for 10-15 minutes waiting until it just started to get warm. What a waste, but I didn't have any choice since I needed to get shower and I don't like the cold shower... so sue me :)

Thank god, I only stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business trip. I complained to the front office officer about the shower, and he only promised that they would have take a look, but until I checked out, not even a single person from management showed up at my room. My friend who stayed at different room was experiencing the same problem with me, no hot shower! There fore I made an assumption, that every room in this hotel didn't get the hot shower like they entitled to. You do the math, how much water had been wasted every single day by the guests if they want tho get the nice hot shower!

If it wasn't because of the food at the restaurant for breakfast, I would had been rate this hotel as 'terrible'! Yes, the breakfast was quite good. Many choices with very good classy taste of 5-star hotel. But other than the food for breakfast, this hotel is just average. Due to the missing hot shower, I gave the 'poor' for the rating.

Room Tip: Find the one that has HOT SHOWER!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Indra M
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Services and staff were outstanding. Very nice room, pool, spa, and breakfast. Even though I was the only Westerner I saw, the staff spoke excellent English and were exceedingly gracious without being intrusive. Excellent internet.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank EZNana
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed for business purpose. Location is near with my office. Near with mall and merdeka walk. One building with biggest book store in Indonesia, gramedia. Bfast with various food and taste is good. Santika staff always polite and friendly.
Great.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Clean n cozy room, great location (near paladium n merdeka walk), fast response services, various n delicious breakfasto menu, affordable rate for 4 star hotel.
One thing bother me is only the design of d trash can, u have to open it with your hand.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

Santika Premier... D, General Manager at Hotel Santika Premiere Dyandra, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Melissa G from Jakarta, Indonesia

Thank you for your review during your stay with Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan.

We are really pleased to hear your nice experience especially related to our service and food. Regarding your input about trash can which is actually emphasizing Santika traditional value. Our room trash can is a special traditional handmade from Indonesia. We do hope you understand but overall we appreciate your comment.

Thank you and see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel located at the downtown, very accessible. The hotel surrounded by shopping center, near merdeka walk.
The room was clean, but a bit small.
The breakfast menu was great, a lot of menu variations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Santika Premier... D, General Manager at Hotel Santika Premiere Dyandra, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Marshadhianti from Jakarta, Indonesia

Thank you for your positive comment at Trip Advisor.com.

We really please with your experience during your last stay with Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan especially regarding our food and strategic location.

We believe that you stay at Superior Room which is for business purpose, but we do have higher type of room that more spacious to fulfill your needs start from Deluxe Room. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 061 4511 999 for more information. Thank you for your attention and see you on your next visit.

batam
Reviewed 20 January 2014

don't go unless you are on business expenses.
This hotel is very expensive particularly for drinks.
The food is not so good and there is not much choice if you are a westener.
I sent my dinner back as the french fries (frozen) were cold and when the returned they were still cold so I gave up.
I paid extra for an 'executive' room which had bath robes etc. no it had bath robe and when I complained there were two of us they said a second robe would be extra. also one toothbrush, soap etc.
The fruit in the room was old and in one case bad.
I chose this room as it offered admission to the 10th floor Sky Lounge, guess what? it was closed.
breafast was ok if you liked eggs as there was little choice for westerers again.
we were on the eigth floor and you could still hear the traffic during the night.
I will not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dennis m
Dear Mr. Dennis from Batam,

First of all we would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your last visit at Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan.

We believe that all of your concerns will make such a positive inputs for Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan in the future. We do want apologize for your unpleasant experience regarding room service and amenities.

Based on your complain, we commit to improve our service excellence for all of our guest. We hope you would stay again with us for your next visit and do not hesitate to call our Guest Relation Officer (GRO) for your special concern.

Thank you again and see you in the future.