“namaste style welcome”

Hotel Santika Premiere Dyandra
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Medan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

an experience that stood out at Santika was that all staff greeted guests "namaste style" with a genuine smile.

the extra security precautions of scanning the incoming baggage and guests was very reassuring in this era context.

the reception staff were polite, effient making it a quick check in.a welcome drink is also extended to all arrivals.

the property is quite well located with the major attractions of medan within easy reach.a mall with a hypermart is also located nearby.

the room - a little compact but ideally planned out, with sufficient lighting, communication equipment charging points and a small writing table and LED reading lights. a noticeable absence was the fridge in the room.the furniture is compact and functinal and the bed is very clean, with a nice firm mattress.the airconditioning is good with individual controls to adjust to guests' requirements

the breakfast at this hotel is extremely comprehensive covers all components of a solid meal - juice bar, salad bar, bread section, local cakes (kuehs) and drinks (bandrik which is a ginger brew).hot dishes covered fish and chicken with rice and noodles.breakfast commences at six in the morning.beverages like tea and coffee are also available.

this hotel is geared more for the business traveller.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Pros - clean, friendly staff, good wifi in room, most staff speak pretty good English

Cons - no fridge(!) in room, quite small room, was not allowed to have a running bill for my room service until I couldn't find enough cash and they actually asked me to come down and put in my pin at 2 am for my debit card. Overpriced.

This hotel is more of a decent 3 star hotel really.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014

When I first checked in, it took me ages. The check in service is slow.
I was pregnant and they wanted to put me in a smoking room because it was fully booked, I dont think they know that the poison stained in the bed, linen, etc. After arguing and calling my office who booked the room, they agreed to put me in a non-smoking room, but twin beds.
The room is very small and without minibar. It turned out that the room booked for me (I think it was superior) has no fridge. I don't blame my office because who is gonna think that four stars hotel has any room without fridge? I explained to the room service that I am expressing breastmilk and I need a fridge, their solution was to store it at the restaurant on level 3. So if I express my milk at 2am (which I usually do), I had to go to level 3 to store it? At the end, my office from Jakarta had to get involved, they agreed to bring me a chiller for my breast milk. It wasn't really cold, no freezer to freeze the icegel. For pregnant woman or nursing mother, I dont think they are sensible enough!

The room service food is expensive and it was not good. The breakfast is so so and the menu needs to be changed everyday. It seems that they have less chair than the guest so there were always people stealing chairs in my table. And that's annoying !

To be fair, the staffs are friendly, but like most indonesians so nothing special.

Room Tip: well it turned out that you have to make sure that you mentioned in the reservation to have non-smok...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Sanscoulottes
Reviewed 5 March 2014

If you love this planet, don't stay at this hotel. Why did I say that? It's because, everytime I wanted to take hot shower, I had to waste the water for 10-15 minutes waiting until it just started to get warm. What a waste, but I didn't have any choice since I needed to get shower and I don't like the cold shower... so sue me :)

Thank god, I only stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business trip. I complained to the front office officer about the shower, and he only promised that they would have take a look, but until I checked out, not even a single person from management showed up at my room. My friend who stayed at different room was experiencing the same problem with me, no hot shower! There fore I made an assumption, that every room in this hotel didn't get the hot shower like they entitled to. You do the math, how much water had been wasted every single day by the guests if they want tho get the nice hot shower!

If it wasn't because of the food at the restaurant for breakfast, I would had been rate this hotel as 'terrible'! Yes, the breakfast was quite good. Many choices with very good classy taste of 5-star hotel. But other than the food for breakfast, this hotel is just average. Due to the missing hot shower, I gave the 'poor' for the rating.

Room Tip: Find the one that has HOT SHOWER!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Indra M
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Services and staff were outstanding. Very nice room, pool, spa, and breakfast. Even though I was the only Westerner I saw, the staff spoke excellent English and were exceedingly gracious without being intrusive. Excellent internet.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank EZNana
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed for business purpose. Location is near with my office. Near with mall and merdeka walk. One building with biggest book store in Indonesia, gramedia. Bfast with various food and taste is good. Santika staff always polite and friendly.
Great.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Clean n cozy room, great location (near paladium n merdeka walk), fast response services, various n delicious breakfasto menu, affordable rate for 4 star hotel.
One thing bother me is only the design of d trash can, u have to open it with your hand.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar
Santika Premier... D, General Manager at Hotel Santika Premiere Dyandra, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Melissa G from Jakarta, Indonesia

Thank you for your review during your stay with Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan.

We are really pleased to hear your nice experience especially related to our service and food. Regarding your input about trash can which is actually emphasizing Santika traditional value. Our room trash can is a special traditional handmade from Indonesia. We do hope you understand but overall we appreciate your comment.

Thank you and see you on your next visit.

Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan