“Below my expectation, but quite okay”

Hotel Santika Premiere Dyandra
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Medan
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I expected that Santika Medan would be nearly the same with Santika Jakarta/Bali. We choose superior room and the room was quite small. The interior wasn't looked like "Santika's style", it more looked like budget hotel. It really below my expectation.

The breakfast is totally different with other Santika that i ever been stayed. It was too standard, and the taste was so-so. Once again, it below my expectation.

I've been stayed in Santika's hotel in other cities, that is why Santika become one of my favorite hotel. Santika Medan was good and have responsive service, but for me the quality was just okay. Good thing was the location near the heart of Medan city and Merdeka walk culinary area, just a stone throw. And located near Medan railway station as well, so it was easy to reach this hotel from Kuala Namu by train.

For business trip i think this hotel is recommended, but for family trip and holiday i will choose another hotel to stayed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Santika Premier... D, General Manager at Hotel Santika Premiere Dyandra, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Mrs. Pretty from Jakarta,

Thank you for your review during your stay with Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan.

We are really appreciate your experience during your recent stay with us and completely understand your high expectation. Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan is based on business hotel and we have 6 type of rooms that could meet your needs such as Deluxe Room, Premiere and Executive Room which more spacious and indulging.

We do hope you understand but overall we appreciate your comment.

Thank you and see you on your next visit.

Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel & Convention Medan

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Located in the middle of the city with great view, friendly and helpful staff, good taste of food but still need to improve their internet speed sometimes getting slow. Nice coffee shop with live music is my favourite place to relax

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ngurah M
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel allocated in the middle of Medan, easy to reach all over Medan from here. Check in and out was prompt and a cup of bajigur warmed my throat while waiting for the process. The staffs were friendly but not overwhelming. They were there when you need them but barely noticeable if you were doing just fine. Unfortunately my room wasn't equipped with refrigerator, no mini bar or whatsoever (maybe my corporate travel arranged it that way) so I could not stack my snacks or cld drinks. Cleanliness were fine, but they did not replace my towel after cleaning my room so I had to ask for replacement in the middle of my shower (yes, I just noticed I had no towel after I was soaked and bubbly).
Breakfast was great, various tradiotional delicacies, good for guests who want to taste Indonesian food for breakfast instead of western menus.
In my last night there a birthday party was being held in the pool area, which were quite annoying and loud, luckily I was too worn out to let it disturbed ny sleep, otherwise I would have had early check out.

overall it was an ok bussiness stay, yet I would reconsider to come back on weekend.

Room Tip: choose rooms away from the poolside in weekends
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mierna R
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel is worth to stay for either for business, couples, and family. The location is in the central of Medan. I like the breakfast since they serve in a variety food and drinks comparing to others 4 stars hotel in Medan. The room is cleaned and well maintained. The staff is nice and helpful. This hotels is worth to be considering when you visit Medan,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank merry c
Reviewed 23 April 2014

an experience that stood out at Santika was that all staff greeted guests "namaste style" with a genuine smile.

the extra security precautions of scanning the incoming baggage and guests was very reassuring in this era context.

the reception staff were polite, effient making it a quick check in.a welcome drink is also extended to all arrivals.

the property is quite well located with the major attractions of medan within easy reach.a mall with a hypermart is also located nearby.

the room - a little compact but ideally planned out, with sufficient lighting, communication equipment charging points and a small writing table and LED reading lights. a noticeable absence was the fridge in the room.the furniture is compact and functinal and the bed is very clean, with a nice firm mattress.the airconditioning is good with individual controls to adjust to guests' requirements

the breakfast at this hotel is extremely comprehensive covers all components of a solid meal - juice bar, salad bar, bread section, local cakes (kuehs) and drinks (bandrik which is a ginger brew).hot dishes covered fish and chicken with rice and noodles.breakfast commences at six in the morning.beverages like tea and coffee are also available.

this hotel is geared more for the business traveller.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Pros - clean, friendly staff, good wifi in room, most staff speak pretty good English

Cons - no fridge(!) in room, quite small room, was not allowed to have a running bill for my room service until I couldn't find enough cash and they actually asked me to come down and put in my pin at 2 am for my debit card. Overpriced.

This hotel is more of a decent 3 star hotel really.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014

When I first checked in, it took me ages. The check in service is slow.
I was pregnant and they wanted to put me in a smoking room because it was fully booked, I dont think they know that the poison stained in the bed, linen, etc. After arguing and calling my office who booked the room, they agreed to put me in a non-smoking room, but twin beds.
The room is very small and without minibar. It turned out that the room booked for me (I think it was superior) has no fridge. I don't blame my office because who is gonna think that four stars hotel has any room without fridge? I explained to the room service that I am expressing breastmilk and I need a fridge, their solution was to store it at the restaurant on level 3. So if I express my milk at 2am (which I usually do), I had to go to level 3 to store it? At the end, my office from Jakarta had to get involved, they agreed to bring me a chiller for my breast milk. It wasn't really cold, no freezer to freeze the icegel. For pregnant woman or nursing mother, I dont think they are sensible enough!

The room service food is expensive and it was not good. The breakfast is so so and the menu needs to be changed everyday. It seems that they have less chair than the guest so there were always people stealing chairs in my table. And that's annoying !

To be fair, the staffs are friendly, but like most indonesians so nothing special.

Room Tip: well it turned out that you have to make sure that you mentioned in the reservation to have non-smok...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business