“All Good, my prefer hotel”

Hermes Palace Hotel Medan - Managed By BENCOOLEN
Ranked #18 of 76 Hotels in Medan
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I came for business to Medan regularly. i like the location, easy access. The room are nice and comfortable. The staff are always very friendly, and whenever i've a request they handle it quickly. My driver come to pick me up in the morning, the bellboy recognise him and always call me directly, i feel at home. It's good because the car park can be be sometime full with many cars.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hermes_Hotel_Medan, General Manager at Hermes Palace Hotel Medan - Managed By BENCOOLEN, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Mr. Giogio,

Thank you very much for your great review! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed staying with us so much. I am glad to know our team gave you such a wonderful experience! Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again real soon

Best regards,

Arif Setiawan

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed for the first time at this hotel, the check in was very quick, with friendly staff. I like the room clean, comfortable, fast Internet, good tv. I stayed in the 2nd floor with only street view, my colleagues stayed on the 8th with a great view of the city. I will definitely come back to this hotel, really like it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hermes_Hotel_Medan, General Manager at Hermes Palace Hotel Medan - Managed By BENCOOLEN, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Mr. Michael,

It was a pleasure to read your review of Hermes Hotel Medan. We are very pleased that you find our service efficient with a friendly staff. We’ve noted that you appreciate our fast internet connection. We hope that you will be our guest once again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel. Room was good although I did not have the one with window so the room was a bit pungent when the air con was not on. Breakfast was just fine. Front desk staff was fine. The only thing I was a little bit uncomfortable is that the check out time. It is 12 noon!!!although I checked in the late afternoon....where other hotels in Medan mostly 1 PM and sometimes if the occupancy is not high they let you stay until 2 PM.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Hermes_Hotel_Medan, Marketing & Communication Manager at Hermes Palace Hotel Medan - Managed By BENCOOLEN, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Mr. Gunawanto,

Thank you so much for your comments.
We happy to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hotel, you did enjoy our room and find our staff fine.
Our check out time is 12.00, I'm afraid that during your stay our hotel was full and we were not able to accommodate your late check out request, we re very sorry for that. We hope to welcome back you soon in Medan.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

hotel is clean and nice. breakfast is OK, but could have better coffee (this is Sumatra). I had a Jr. Suite which is spacious. Location is not the best (I like to walk places), but then again, Medan is not the best city for walking (quite far from it). Staff is attentive. Internet is good. I wish they had a pool, or at least access to a pool. The rooftop restaurant is fun during the rain.

Room Tip: the ballroom is on floor 10, so don't take floor 9 on the weekend.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear MRK,

Thank you for your feedback.
We re very happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us, that you found the hotel clean. We re glad to know that you found our staff being attentive to your request and your service.
We've noted your suggestion to have a selection of different coffee from Sumatra.

We look forward to welcome you soon, and most probably offering you a new selection of Coffee from Medan

Marketing & Communication

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I always stay at hermes palace hotel every my business trip in Medan. This hotel have a strategic location, clean, nice room and good services from staffs. Just need to improve regarding breakfast buffet. Should be more variety of breakfast items

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ardy,
Thank you for the positive review and it is to our delight to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the comfort of our room, the hotel facilities, that the service was to your satisfaction. Thank you for your suggestion to offer a better breakfast variety.
We hopes to welcome you back to Hermes Hotel.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel earlier this month. The check in is at 12pm so I had to wait for two hours as my flight was early in the morning.

While waiting in the lobby area, I thought it would be nice if the hotel offered us a drink but they didn't. So we decided to leave our luggages and headed to the Sun Plaza Mall to kill our time.

When we came back, the room was ready for us. Check in process was okay but I personally think the staff behind the counter could be a lil more friendlier. Why so serious? I think they were the only letdown during my stay here. I encountered 3 staffs on diff occasions and none of them smile or offered any help or suggestions with my questions. They simply stated the 'obvious' answer and get back to their computers. Wonder why they were behind the front desk. Sigh.

When we arrived at our floor, there was no air conditioning along the hallway so it was very warm there. Never experienced that before.

Room was okay and clean but the sink in the bathroom was slightly leaked plus the hairdryer has a weird-burnt smell that stayed on my hair so I just used it once. There were many tv channels offered so kudos for that. Wifi in the room was excellent too.

Breakfast was so-so (not much variety) but I really2 like the view overlooking the town of Medan (8th floor). Futhermore, the staff at the breakfast buffet was friendly and helpful so I really enjoyed my breakfast.

Overall my stay here was okay. Hopefully the hotel take notes on the few small but important issues stated here. Thank you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 April 2014

NEW HOTEL MANAGEMENT

Dear Miss Zhn,
Thank for your kind review. We are pleased that the staff left a good impression on you.
The NEW MANAGEMENT will look after your comments in regards to your bathroom and the breakfast selection. We look forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Delayed flight landed at the new Kualanamu International Aiport,transport from airport to the hotel cost Rp1500,000 the journey took one hour(no traffic jam).As always checking with Agoda is no problem the hotel front desk lady gives service with a smile,within minutes we are in the room because there are three lifts.Stayed on the fourth floor room without window,there are many facilities in the room ,split air conditioning,mini bar ,coffee and tea facilities ,safe deposit box ,hair dryer and good floe of hot and cold shower.Good varieties of buffet breakfast on the 11 floor.The satff are very friendly nad polite.

Room Tip: The room is not sound proof
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends