“WORST experience”

Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Medan
Jakarta
“WORST experience”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this (so called 4 stars hotel) via Agoda and reserved a deluxe type for 3 nights starting 31st of July with specification: (a) higher floor (b) early check in. When I arrived at the hotel at 11, I was welcomed with the front desk guy who was not familiar with his job, at first he said my room has not be booked even after I showed him the payment receipt. And he asked for his associate's help who was squating down on the floor when I arrived (WTF?). And finally thay guy found my reservation (thak God) and got me a room on the 8th floor, as I requested earlier. The room was nice BUT the ac not working well after 3 hours. So I complaind and I was transfered to a 5th floor room (which for me this is downgrading). So we were in the 5th floor room and turned out, the main door cannot be closed easily, the bathroom door cannot be closed unless I had to slam it at least 3 times, the bathroom door couldn't be looked. The electric fuse on the table near the TV couldn't be used.

That night, I was picked up by a friend and we rode a motorcycle and raining so heavily. We parked the motorcycle at the basement about 10pm and the motorcycle fell down on our way down because the floor was too slippery, and I think they made a mistake when they first build the cardpark, they should roughen the floor, because at the same time we saw a car trying to drive up but too slippery. Anyway, I got bruises and NO ONE from that hotel knew about the incident until I talked to the duty manager this morning at 10am. They claimed they have CCTV installed. So for 12 hours no one knew I fell down.

1 hour ago I complain the shower water got blocked. The water stayed but no one came to my room.

The compensation for enndangerin my life was a plate with 1 red apple, 1 orange and 1 granny smith.

So think twice before you booked this hotel. I think they are not serious having a hospitality business. SERIOUSLY...!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Krisna P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Medan, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Ibu Melia

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience in Grand Serela Medan during your last visit. , as our nice conversation through a phone call , I have been investigate and collect the people that involve about why this is could happen to you during your stay and Do apologize and it is purely our mistake

When we receive feedback such as yours we take it seriously because it allows us to evaluate our service and facilities. Some issue regarding hospitality in front desk, room facilities , incident in car park also being our concerned and no one reported to Manager on duty o its being my priority to evaluate and has been forward to department concerned for follow up seriously and it part of my concerned to fix it

Should you need anything during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me

Krisna Permana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Well again another great stay with some much welcomed luxury. The staff remembered us from a week ago we had some fruit and a welcome note in the room which was a lovely touch. This time we were in room 308 great to see the same high standard continued throughout all the floors. Breakfast buffet caters for all nationalities which is great. One thing I didn't notice last time was the plug sockets are multinational too which is great. Brilliant hotel. Thanks so much.

Stayed July 2014
Krisna P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Medan, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

Warm Regards from us as your friend in Medan

I Am extremely happy to hear and note some positive comment and Thank your for your positive comment also Glad that you are happy with our little surprise and it is our responsible as your family in Medan.

Once again thank you and will share the comment to KAGUM People

And see you in the near future

Cheers
Peoria
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful luxurious hotel. Large clean new looking rooms. AC works great. Good breakfast in the restaurant. I would definitely stay here again. It is about an hour drive from the new airport.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Warm regards from Grand Serela Medan

Thank you very much for your excellent review our hotel through TripAvisor

Its Great honor that you are score us with Best Hotel in Indonesia but to tell the truth its too high for us since we are still New Hotel and still keep trying and always improve the service by focusing to make our customer satisfied like yours

Once again Thank you for your valuable comment to us and glad to share to our team regarding your positive comment

Should you need assistance during your stay in the near future do not hesitate to contact me

Kind Regards
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

In Bandung Serela Hotel brand is so familiar. so surprised when my office booked my accommodation at Grand Serela Medan. I just heard Serela open in Medan.

due to the distance hotel can't pick up me at the Airport. but it's ok. I'm very enjoy using the shuttle train from the kualanamu International Airport. feels like traveling overseas.

arrived at hotels I'm very surprised because Grand Serela Medan I think compare to the other Serela hotels in Bandung this is one of the best hotels. service is good. staff is so friendly specially the General Manager I meet him and he's speak Sundanese fluently. I feel at Home.

Breakfast is Good. hotel is clean. I will back to this hotels

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kireisa M
Dear Kireisa

Thank you for your Valuable review to us through TripAdvisor , And I am extremely happy that you are feel satisfied and great with our service and facilities .

As we are one of KAGUM Hotel collection yes for time being this is a big hotel collection belong to KAGUM Hotels and I am happy that you are Loyal customer to KAGUM Hotels

Once again thank you for your comment and happy to inform to our team for their spirit to keep improve the service

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Really great hotel, staff are very helpful and accommodating. The hotel it's self is very impressive, very grand furnishings and decor. The room we had was a superior room which had everything and more than we could wish for. Coming from the uk it cost us £28 which is amazing value. The equivalent type of hotel in the uk would cost probably £150+ so we were really pleased. We ate our evening meal at the hotel off the main menu and again great food and great value. It's in a part of town where there doesn't seem to be much but the hotel can book you a taxi and it's cheap to go anywhere in town.

Stayed July 2014
Krisna P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Medan, responded to this review, 18 July 2014

Warms Greeting From Grand Serela Medan

Thanks for your time to share your experience of stay in Grand Serela Medan through TripAdvisor

We will share your comprehensive comments to our KAGUM People (staffs) especially. Trust that he could be a sample and motivation to other KAGUM People

Looking forward to have you again here in Grand Serela Medan in the near future

Warms regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a shot stay at this hotel in May this year. I was really impressed with the room and facilities and we had a nice view of the city and best of all it's close to many shops and restaurants. I liked the ambience inside the hotel and was so lively.

complaint: wifi was damn slow.

Room Tip: choose one on the high floors and with city view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay at the hotel and for providing us with a very positive rating.

I am extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please rest ensured our KAGUM People will be congratulated for their good work.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Grand Serela Medan on your next trip to Medan, and Please contact me directly its my pleasure to assist you

krisna Permana
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

hotel with nice location, bed quality is good, bathroom nice and clean. quite new hotel. problem with the staff member (annoying), breakfast is average.room service is okay (fast, but the food quality is average), coffee quality bad.

Room Tip: upper floor and choose deluxe instead superior
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Warms Greeting From Grand Serela Medan

Thank you for your time to review us with your valuable comment

When we receive feedback such as yours we take it seriously because it allows us to evaluate our service and facilities. and being our concerned to improve such as Breakfast presentation and food quality, for staff annoying kindly please pas me in details by e mail krisna.permana@grandserela.com in order we could evaluate and improve our service

Regards