“Perfect for those with an early flight from Kuala Namu”
Review of d`primahotel Medan

d`primahotel Medan
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect for those with an early flight from Kuala Namu”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located inside the train station in Medan, so you really can't get more convenient if you need to get to the airport.

We had a standard double room (they had budget, deluxe and executive options - ours was deluxe). The room cost us 375,000 INR and we had a discount thanks to a deal. The room was a little bit stuffy but it had aircon and everything you expect from a mid-range hotel, including several English language TV stations. There's not much nearby, apart from a Dunkin' Donuts and a small convenience store. Breakfast was included, and strangely consisted of a small coffee and a croissant from Starbucks downstairs.

This was a perfectly adequate hotel and the staff were very nice. The convenience of being inside the station for the express airport train is hard to argue with.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BoxingHercules
Kevin T, Manager at d`primahotel Medan, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear BoxingHercules,

Thank you for taking the time to review d'primahotel Medan, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I regret that our receptionist didn't provide you with enough information. Our Hotel actually located in walking distance to one of the biggest shopping mall in Medan and Lapangan Merdeka where you could enjoy variety of culinary, entertainment and shopping experience offered in Medan City.
Please do let me know if you have plan on returning and I will be happy to provide you with my recommendation of the best places to try nearby.

We wish to welcome you back at d'primahotel Medan.

Kevin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Have stay in d'primahotel for many times, but this was my first stay at d'primahotel Medan. Overall I always love them, from the way they treat their guest until their room facilities me fell more than happy.
This Hotel is bit different from the other 2 Hotels I have ever stayed in Jakarta, this one located on top on Medan Train Station which connect you to Kuala Namu Airport (Medan International Airport) very convenient if you need to catch early flight up or for business traveller also recommended since its located in center of Medan city and only 5 min walking to Merdeka Walk or Center Point Mall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kevin T, Manager at d`primahotel Medan, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Repot,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback to d'primahotel Medan. I am delighted to hear that you had such good experience in every of your stay with d'primahotel and that the team looked after you very well.

We strive to deliver high levels of service for all of our guest and it is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed it and have become one of our loyal guest.

Everyone at d'primahotel are joining me in saying it was a pleasure to look after you and we are looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My 15-year old daughter and I chose this hotel as we had to catch the 4am train to the airport and I was concerned about walking through the streets or trying to find a cab to the train station that early. The hotel turned out to be a treat. After a wakeup call at 3:15, we sleepwalked down a flight of stairs and were on the platform by 3:30. Our room was spotless and came with complimentary snacks and water. We didn't need these as the hotel was extremely close to Meredeka Walk, where we ate at a tasty dim sum restaurant. Shower had plentiful hot water and excellent pressure. Staff very nice in general and quite helpful with train information -- useful since the train website was only in Bahasa Indonesia. The included breakfast was via the Starbucks in the train station, but we didn't have it as we left too early. The only downside was that we could hear train announcements in our room. I'd happily stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the floor right above the train station. Perhaps the higher floor would've been quiet...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sueisme
Dear Sueisme,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with d'primahotel Medan. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel in overall. I also would like to apologize for the noises you heard, we are keep trying to minimize this issue.

As an additional information, if you need to get more variety of food choices or you would like to do some shopping. Centre Point Mall is located in walking distance from our Hotel which you might easily reach there through the sky bridge located on the second floor.

Please let me know when you plan on returning and I will be more than happy to assist you with your booking.

SAN DIEGO
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms tiny. Street noise is loud. Location good for airport train and a mall across bridge.

For a quick stay if you have to return to airport it is fine. Other than that, stay elsewhere.
A weird vibe from front desk workers too.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Depart,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and giving us your feedback. We truly understand your concern and have them to our attention.

We wish to welcome you back at d'primahotel Medan

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Located in the center of medan area giving us an easy way to reach shopping mall and merdeka walk food center.

The room is clean on a new building with friendly service.

Easy to get this hotel from airport by train available every hour.

This hotel should provide their own restaurant while currently their breakfast serve by Starbucks on the second floor

Improve their internet speed is a must. Because some business travelers often need to work online

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ngurah M
Dear Ngurah M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at d'primahotel Medan.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Jakarta
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel merely because of the price was really affordable for a new hotel that I didn't see the review first..and yes indeed it is located right in the city center where you can easily walk to the Merdeka Walk and to the Parkson Mall..however..since the superior and deluxe room's price isn't much different we decided to book the deluxe room which turned out to be the worst decision ever since it's facing to the train station which was super noisy..the train horns every 30 minutes..the sound of its machine..it was just disturbing..
The hotel is perfect for those who will catch a train to the airport..not a light sleeper and if you don't drive a car in Medan..because they don't have parking area..you have to park your car on the side of the street in front of a bank..which also worried us..the security didn't give us a peace of mind either when we asked them whether it's safe to park there or not..they responded..we will check every hour..
The bright side is..the hotel is new..so the level of cleanliness is excellent..as well as the linen and terry cleanliness and quality is outstanding..the bathroom amenity I must say it was quite thoughtful, a good quality of comb and an ample amount of shampoo and soap in the dispenser..the room is also quite spacious..
But if you're not travelling in a very tight budget..pls look elsewhere like Swiss Bellin which price is only 10 dollars different!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shopaholic902
Dear Shopaholic902

Please let us apologize for the inconvenience you experience while you are staying at d'primahotel Medan. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of service and will minimize the problems you experienced.

I truly hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again and allow me to show you the improvement we made in this matter.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 26 June 2014

During my travel in South East Asian countries, this one of the best hotel that I had stayed, most probably because it is a brand new hotel.It is located above the Medan railway station,therefore it is very convenient to board the Kuala Namo Airport train at anytime of the day.The 1st train leaves the station at 4am,which I took to airport to board an early flight home.The rate for a standard room might look a bit steep but it is worth it. Practically everything in the room is very clean and tidy.The location is good with Merdeka Walk, Maimun Palace and eateries nearby.They provide complimentary breakfast, unfortunately I did not have the chance to enjoy it because I have to leave for airport early.They also provide water heater in the room to mix your own hot beverages and also instant noodles. The bed is brand new and you can have a comfortable sleep.Other facilities are aircon,TV and 24 hrs hot water available.The front office staffs are helpful and systematic.The hotel is located on the 4th floor of the building and all you have to do is go to the 2nd floor via lift to buy ticket and board the airport train.I will reccommend this hotel for a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Kevin T, Manager at d`primahotel Medan, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear dpmurthy,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm very honored to read your review title and thank you for recommending us for a good stay.

We strive our best as a new Hotel brand to provide every guests a good night sleep in a clean room, central location and affordable price. Happy to read that we met your expectations.