“Always book this hotel when in Medan! =)”

and 1 more site!
Madani Medan Syariah Hotel
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Medan
Singapore
“Always book this hotel when in Medan! =)”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I would have give Madani Hotel full mark if they maintain their room. But that won't hinder me from staying here every time I go to Medan! A Muslim oriented hotel which located just across the famous Raya Mosque. One of the best thing about Madani is the restaurant where u have your breakfast.. The bfast spread is excellent and the place is huge with ample space for you to walk around..most of the hotels in Medan have small restaurant..and that sucks! The famous Istana Maimun (Maimun Castle) is just 2 streets away. There's a shopping mall called Yuki just across if you want to but some groceries or fast food such as McDonald's,Texas.. And there's an indoor mini theme park and bowling alley in the mall. You doesn't need to worry bout food cuz there's a food court behind the hotel where the Medan youth usually hang out for sheesha and the free wifi. Oh yah,there's free wifi in the hotel too! One tips for transport, if u need a taxi, approach the reception and ask for the taxi express, cuz it follow by the meter and its much comfortable. But if you require to go to berastagi or lake toba or just a day tour, approach the bellman or just at the entrance for driver. They usually charge rp500 000 to rp700 000. The other thing that I love bout Madani is when I need to buy some stuffs at the middle of the night, there's a 24 hrs shop just across the entrance. So with all this, why shall I change to other hotel? =D

Room Tip: Corner rooms are much2 bigger!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank xpolkadotx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Madani hotel is located just next to the only attraction in Medan: the Great Mosque (Masjid Raya). Airport is 10 minutes away, so easy to access. In the area you have a mall and a food court with local food.

They can help you to get a taxi, with meter (not easy to have a taxi metered in Medan!). One funny thing: the guy at the reception wasn't really speaking english well and it was quite hard to get the room, but in overall it made my stay there just a bit funnier! Otherwise, the manager was really nice: speaks english and help me to figured out some questions I had.

I suggest you to take a room with no window: cheaper and you really don't want to hear the mosque. Breakfast is included and you get lots of asian food, plus omelette and cereals.

By the way: Medan doesn't worth at all spending time there, so stay in Medan only if you have to !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank b-noy
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I'm an Ameirican and this place was awesome for the price. Great service and good location! Rooms were nice and bathrooms were big. It's a Muslim hotel and you have to follow a simple dress code but it wasn't really enforced. I followEd out of respect. They were so nice and got us a free shuttle to the airport after our 3 night stay.

Sincerely
The Amercian backpackers!

Room Tip: We had the standard it was nice
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Williamkapp
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Madani hotel is less than 10 minutes drive from Medan's international airport. The location is near the Masjid Raya Mosque and walking distance to a mall beside. It's perfect for families on a trip and Muslim travelers. Every morning, you could hear the Ad'zan (call for prayers from the mosque)at the break of dawn.

The staffs are really friendly and helpful. Wi-fi is excellent and never fails me so far. However, they are a little slow on their service though but it's still reasonable. Rooms are clean and tidy with pretty decent items.

I didn't have a chance to consume their breakfast in the hotel as my flight is before dawn. The staffs are thoughtful to pack up the breakfast for me to eat at the airport! By the time I ate it was quite cold. So it would be unfair on my side to comment on the taste.

Overall, I gave this a 4/5 star for its service and its good location (plenty of time for a mad rush to the airport if you oversleep)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank iamgreenfin
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 June 2012

madani hotel location offers easy access location for foods and shopping. Easy to get becca and taksi but be careful by asking the fees first before ride. One more thing about medan, watcch out at airport with unknown people asking help to bring your bags or luggage coz they asking for tips and keep asking for more...Be careful...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank xura
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I now consider the Madani my "home away from home" in Medan; the hotel is great value for money and the staff are fabulous; they go out of their way to be helpful. On my first evening here, the manager himself helped me to change rooms because the Internet wasn't working in the room I had been allocated on arrival. There are areas of the hotel where the rooms are very noisy, either because they overlook the main road, or the nearby food court. But the staff have gone out of their way to find me a quiet room with a good Internet connection, and they have helped me with transport advice, given me directions, recommended good shops and restaurants, and looked after some of my luggage while I have been away on trips. They even helped me install a new USB modem stick on my computer. I have been looked after like a member of the family in this hotel. When there are problems, the staff do all they can to solve them.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, let the staff know and they will do all they can to find you a quiet...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Netpoette
Clearwater Beach, FL
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This hotel is nice enough. We were there during Rhamadam, and we had a room in the front facing the main street. The windows were just not adaquate to block enough of the sound from the evening festivities across the street. But we came to Sumatra for culture so it is not appropriate if we get a little extra at night (until midnight). The beds were good, but the shower did not work and the internet was spotty. The staff was very helpful especially at dinner and breakfast. They treated us like royality. The dinner buffet was interesting because we did not recognise many of the items. So it was a cultural feast to try the many different flavors.. The lobby was nicely appointed. So this is a good mid range hotel that we would stay at again.

Room Tip: Avoid the street facing rooms - windows do not provide enough insulation to traffic noise
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple