“Restaurant With A View”

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Padang
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Restaurant With A View”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The restaurant on the 11th floor has a scenic view of Padang - the Indian Ocean to the West and the mountains to the East.
The room with a modern minimalist decor is comparable to the Ibis Hotels I've stayed in while travelling in the UK a few years ago.
Overall, a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ibnibatutta
Jamal M, General Manager at Ibis Padang, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Mr. Ibnibatutta,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Padang. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

General Manager Ibis Padang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night here due to flight delay. It was a great stay, especially if I compare to another hotel in Padang that we stayed a day before. First impression about hotel is its cleanliness and modern. Room is not that spacious, but good enough for relaxing while waiting for next flight. The hotel crews are so helpful. All and all, this will be my first choice if I need to stay in this city again

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank average_guy2014
Dear our Valued Costumer,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel because mercure was full and its staff strongly advised me to stay at Ibis and they also provide free transfer for me and my wife.

Well, Ibis Padang is really a typical of Ibis hotel Accor. Lobby was not big but nice with modern decoration, but its look like a bit “dry”, if you put some more decoration, paintings or plantation, I think it will create more warm and comfortable atmosphere. Check-in was quick and smooth and they have prepared a room for me at 8th floor with city ocean view.

Room is not too big but clean and nice. Bathroom is not big but very clean also. Things which make it different from others Ibis is bigger TV (34 inch I guess) and the mattress is more more comfortable. Breakfast just so-so, perhaps because the buffet table was too short and limited, but still ok and tasty. if you added one or two food corner again would be more interesting and fun

Unfortunately the pool and the bar is still not ready and the restaurant was closed at that night because it is being used for a private party. I think this should not happen because as hotel guests we have the right to use and enjoy the restaurant because this facility is one of public facilities for hotel guests !

I believe that the hotel management will keep improve good services, improves the food quality because the hotel opened just a few weeks. But overall this hotel is very nice and comfortable. I will stay again if your “sister” hotel fully booked. Cheers…

Room Tip: choose room at 8th, 9th or 10 floor ocean city view, the view was very nice
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rispugi R, General Manager at Ibis Padang, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Mr Ade