Paradiso Village
Savali Hotel(Padang)
  • Pool
Deivan Hotel(Padang)
View Hotel
All reviewslunch and dinnerother guestsbeautiful islandoverwater bungalowdelicious foodcommunal mealsmin boat ridemeal timesmonitor lizardssimply paradisehidden treasurejetty barglowing reviewsspent three dayswild boarsea lifelittle piece of paradise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had a wonderful 5 days with nanny Dominique and Marco. if you want an island geteaway this is it, it is totally unspoiled. Fabulous food and good snorkeling on your doorstep. We were made to feel very welcome. As soon as we arrived nanny came to meet us and we were taken to our gorgeous bungalow straight away.The bungalow is only meters from the sea, which is very safe to swim in.
The food was superb.
We would have loved to stay longer, but had to move on with our next Sumatran adventure.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the sea tthe room at the far end of the resort are closest.
9  Thank janab8
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Like everyone says, this place is hard to beat. I just sat on the dock all day, jumping in every now and again for a little snorkel. Really, it's just bliss. The rest of the crowd was up from Jakarta (all expats) and they thought the snorkeling was only so-so but I haven't done much diving and I thought it was pretty great what you could see right off the dock. The food is abundant and fabulous-- tons of fish and prawns, and homemade ice cream. Comfortable and rustic little houses with hot water and mini bars. I was worried I would be hot with only a fan, but it's quite cool at night so don't worry about sweating! I was there alone since I was just working in Padang for a month, and everyone else was a couple or family but they were very friendly in chatting at cocktail hour and drinks. This is also a great place to bring kids-- very family friendly and tons of stuff for them to do. Definitely go!

Room Tip: I'm not sure how you could go wrong-- I would definitely spring for the 'private house' out in the water if you can. I think in general the whole place is great value for money.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank HaoLili82
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We recently had a lovely long weekend at Paradiso resort. It's exactly as the pictures show very relaxing getaway. Would recommend the walk up the hill for lovely photo opportunities. Snorkeling was good although can be polluted if the tides bring rubbish over from the mainland. Enjoyed good food and made some lovely new friends. we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GayleForse
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We really enjoyed our chill out time on Cubadak Island. Its peaceful and the huts are spaced so you have optimum privacy. Nanni Domonique and Marco are excellent hosts. Nothing else to add apart from, 'this is a liitle piece of paradise.'

2  Thank ireneLiverpool
Reviewed 9 June 2013

After a long car ride from Padang airport to a fishing port (about 2.5 hours) and a 15 minutes boat ride, you arrived at paradise on earth. This place is absolutely gorgeous!

The staffs are very helpful and friendly. Nanni, Dominique and Marco will make sure you have everything you need during your stay and make it an enjoyable one. If they do have a motto, it's probably: in here, we're family. I love how they set up meal time in a long table where guests are "forced" to eat together so they get to know each other. And the food is just delicious! In my 4 days stay, I have not found a food that I don't like. And yes, they're different everyday. The desserts during dinner are always a surprised, from home made ice cream to meringue.

Basic activities you can do include swimming, snorkeling, hiking and canoeing. Diving, water skiing and wake boarding are available at extra charge. I was a bit disappointed with the snorkeling around the pier. The water is so rich, there's a lot of plankton in it so the visibility is very limited. To make it worse, there are a lot of jellyfish. But at the end, we ended up taking pictures with the jellyfish. The hiking is pretty challenging for a 120kg guy like me, but I reached the top and the view is just breathtaking. We ended up spending about an hour just taking pictures from the top. And I could really use the rest. The way down isn't any easier. If you do plan to hike, make sure you bring shoes.

There are wildlife around the island. There are wild boars, monkeys and lots of birds. If you're lucky, you can spot them, usually in the morning. Other things you'll stumble all around the island would be crab holes.

Here's a typical day at Cubadak: watch the sunrise at 5:45 am (just go outside your bungalow and you can see it!), go back to sleep or you can go photo hunting for animals, breakfast at 7:30 am, hike, go back, jump into the water, lazying around the sundeck, lunch at 1:30 pm, go back into the water, sleep at the sundeck / beach, and around 5 pm, people usually gather around the bar, relaxing and watch the sky changes color (we don't get sunset view). At 7 pm, cocktails are served until 8 pm, when dinner is served.

There is no AC in the bungalows and you don't need it. I ended up looking for blanket in the middle of the night. The bungalow is very clean. The bathroom is clean and you get fresh clean towel everyday! The mosquito net might be a bit intimidating, but there aren't that many mosquito when I was there (June 6 - 9). I didn't use it at all. I did get a couple mosquito bites tho, but nothing that i can't handle.

I really enjoyed the company of the hosts and other guests. I was having a hard time leaving the island. I will definitely go back there.

5  Thank FelixPandaSuganda