“Paradiso Village nearest to paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradiso Village

Paradiso Village
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Padang
Aarhus, Denmark
“Paradiso Village nearest to paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Paradiso Village is the perfect place for total relax. The food,is fantastic, difficult to eat better in best restaurants. We liked the fact that everybody have their meal together at the same table - interesting to talk to the other guests. Marco and Dominique couldn't be more helpful and make the guests feel at home. The beachfront bungalows are very nice and essential. It takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get there from Padang airport, but it's a very beautiful trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lisbeth V

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

I understand why you simply have to visit this place for a minimum of two days. I stayed 6 nights, I forgot time, found total relaxation and just loved the elegant simplicity of this place. They can't and don't cater for day trippers thank goodness. It is a private sanctuary for those seeking a break from it all. Please never change a thing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Kirsty C
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I wanted to book this so called resort for one night . Firstly got surprised about the lazy sounding receptionist who answered my call ... Without even picking up the phone as being the paradiso hotel , he simply said " hello " , this European sounding guy told me the best room is 175 USD a night , when I was interested he simply backed me off by telling me I can't book it for 1 night cause the minimum is 2 nights ... Hello ??? Is this a hotel or what ???? They were not fully booked and rejected me ... After having been in more then 30 hotels in Infonesia this deffinately provides the worst service... Why is this so overrated ???

Stayed November 2013
9 Thank PKTVI
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I contacted this property via email on June 27, 2013 and after a couple emails, I was informed on June 28 by Nanni that a room was available. I never contacted them after that, as our travel plans changed. On July 24, 2013, I received an email from Dominique saying, "If you have made different plans for this vacation please let us know as well so that we can release the bungalow booked for you to other guests." This is a direct quote. I emailed back saying that our plans had in fact changed and we would not be needing the room. An hour later, I got the following email from Nanni: " Well, that is quite uneducate from you! You knew we were fully booked and in one month you did not find the time to inform us that you changed your mind...Since then we were refusing bookings from other families as the suite was occupied by you. Don't try to book any more our resort: for you and your family there will not be any more place at our resort." Again, a direct quote. Very, very rude. And completely uncalled for - I never remitted payment to them, so I am not sure why they held the room. I know the reviews are great, but beware...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
21 Thank priyampatel
nelson new zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had a wonderful 5 days with nanny Dominique and Marco. if you want an island geteaway this is it, it is totally unspoiled. Fabulous food and good snorkeling on your doorstep. We were made to feel very welcome. As soon as we arrived nanny came to meet us and we were taken to our gorgeous bungalow straight away.The bungalow is only meters from the sea, which is very safe to swim in.
The food was superb.
We would have loved to stay longer, but had to move on with our next Sumatran adventure.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the sea tthe room at the far end of the resort are closest.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank janab8
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Like everyone says, this place is hard to beat. I just sat on the dock all day, jumping in every now and again for a little snorkel. Really, it's just bliss. The rest of the crowd was up from Jakarta (all expats) and they thought the snorkeling was only so-so but I haven't done much diving and I thought it was pretty great what you could see right off the dock. The food is abundant and fabulous-- tons of fish and prawns, and homemade ice cream. Comfortable and rustic little houses with hot water and mini bars. I was worried I would be hot with only a fan, but it's quite cool at night so don't worry about sweating! I was there alone since I was just working in Padang for a month, and everyone else was a couple or family but they were very friendly in chatting at cocktail hour and drinks. This is also a great place to bring kids-- very family friendly and tons of stuff for them to do. Definitely go!

Room Tip: I'm not sure how you could go wrong-- I would definitely spring for the 'private house'...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank HaoLili82
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We recently had a lovely long weekend at Paradiso resort. It's exactly as the pictures show very relaxing getaway. Would recommend the walk up the hill for lovely photo opportunities. Snorkeling was good although can be polluted if the tides bring rubbish over from the mainland. Enjoyed good food and made some lovely new friends. we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple