I am always hesitant to go to a place when so much already has been said and like a good film review, your expectations are so high that you end up slightly disappointed...With Nihiwatu, it was certainly not the case!
It is small, it is intimate, it is relaxing to the extreme, it is spectacular, it is primitive and at the same time very sophisticated. First and foremost, the surf is world class. The concept if not unique, seem to enrich the local Sumbanese community, your exceptional hosts and the guests alike. As a tourist you don't feel like an intruder but immediately part of a beautiful scheme and vision that the Sumba foundation has managed to create and keep developing. I was going to forget...The food is exquisite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted #1 Hotel in the World for two years in a row by Travel & Leisure magazine. An award-winning luxury resort on remote Sumba Island, Indonesia. A wide range of land and ocean-based experiences ensures all tastes are catered to. Attentive service and gourmet meals add to the refined and intimate ambience. A romantic getaway idyll with pristine private beach stretching in excess of 2.5km of length ideal for honeymooners and the unique tribal culture on the island offers guests a glimpse of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Nihiwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nihiwatu Hotel Sumba
- Nihiwatu Hotel Waikabubak
- Nihiwatu Resort Waikabubak