My family (wife and 2 young kids) just returned from Nihiwatu and we're already planning our next trip. This was my 3rd trip and our family's first. They love it as much as I do. World-class, uncrowded surf / great, plentiful food / unique and beautiful setting / outstanding staff that now feels like family / cultural experiences galore / loads of activities / and the best of memories. Nihiwatu continues to upgrade their level of service and has not become complacent. Special thanks to resort mgr Ernst, waterman supreme Christian, Sumba Foundation princess / yoga guru Ka'ale, surf stoked Ben, Andy (bar), Andy (chef), Lian, Mary, Marthen, Jenny....and the rest of the crew.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted #1 Hotel in the World for 2016 by Travel & Leisure magazine. An award-winning luxury resort on remote Sumba Island, Indonesia. A wide range of land and ocean-based experiences ensures all tastes are catered to. Attentive service and gourmet meals add to the refined and intimate ambience. A romantic getaway idyll with pristine private beach stretching in excess of 2.5km of length ideal for honeymooners and the unique tribal culture on the island offers guests a glimpse of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Nihiwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nihiwatu Hotel Sumba
- Nihiwatu Hotel Waikabubak
- Nihiwatu Resort Waikabubak