All reviewsnew sectionswimming poolfirst impressionthe hotel staffimprovement
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are clean and neat, two pools and expansive grounds. However, this is not a holiday hotel. This is where people come for conferences. Staffs are nice but have difficulties in speaking English. Water pressure for showers are really weak. Breakfast is meagre, both in portion and selection. The coffee is BAD!

I stayed in their super deluxe room, on the fifth floor, which is quite a distance from the lobby, and due to the extensive ground, I got lost going there since there is minimal signage to tell me where to go, no porter at that time (it was already 11 PM) and the receptionist did not give clear directions.But the most annoying thing is the call for prayer from the neraby mosque. It went on at 5.30 AM and continues with recitation until 6.30 AM and it's LOUD!

So, if you go to Lombok for a holiday and need to stay around Mataram, better avoid this hotel. Senggigi is just 20 minutes away from the city center and might be a better option for a holiday stay. For conference, this hotel is excellent (except for the coffee). The Mall is juts next door and there are plenty of cheap eateries for dinner just outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: DO NOT take rooms on the top floor. The call for prayer is really loud and long, and you'll get a full blast of it since there's no other tall building between this hotel and the mosque next door.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Carreen A
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We slept 4 nights in this hotel, was not good. The premisses are beautiful with a big garden, also the pool side looks very nice. But the rooms are crapy, booked a superior at Agoda. Well the pictures didn't match at all what we got. Old, run down rooms with broken and old mattresses! Very dark and the bathroom, well it had to be renovated 15 years ago.
De man from the reception complained that all the guests booked at Agoda complained due to the pictures they show. He gave us a super deluxe room in the new building around the pool.
Room was new, small but looked nice, beds were good. But the bathroom was filthy! the walls were covered with dirt and hairs, the mirror was so dirty with pieces on it. They even left the used soaps form the people before us, also a used glass, still half full with water was standing around the sink. The cups for the tea were used and not replaced. The sheets had old blood stains, cigarette holes and rust stains; dust everywhere. The floor was very clean. We asked for the room to be cleaned, but they only cleaned the floors, same sheets and they left again the soaps and didn't replace the cups/glass. We complained to the reception and they called immediately. When we came back, still the same. In the 5 days there, nobody cleaned the bathroom even with asking twice at the reception. It is badly constructed with thin walls and tiles on the floor and heavy wooden chairs without covers, also on the terraces, the noise! They start cleaning at 07:00am. This hotel is for workshops and trainings, so many groups. There is nobody from the hotel around the pool, so groups are screaming in the pool still after 23:00, and the first groups are jumping in the pool at 06:00am. The staff is friendly, the hotel looks nice, breakfast was poor, rooms not clean and very noisy. We have to go to Lombok a few times more, we will not stay at this hotel again. I can not recommend it.

Room Tip: we had room 184 ground level, pool side, a lot of noise from the pool and people who sit in front of your room. Maybe if you go higher and further form the pool, it could be better. First room was around the garden, this was a very old and run down room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Tessavanweelie
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Location at the center of the city.. Reasonable price for big clean room.. Not far away from mataram mall, there is a good restaurant inside mataram mall.. Ikan bakar cianjur.. Friendly staff and fast check in

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Lombok Garden may not be the fanciest hotel in Mataram, but it certainly has the nicest grounds. I have come to Lombok every year since 2006, and I always stay at Lombok Garden, for anything from a week to 2 months, depending on what I need to do while I'm here. I love the main courtyard, especially in November and December, when hundreds of flowers are in bloom, but even in June there are flowers, and the courtyard is lovely and peaceful. The new section (just opened last year) has nicer rooms, but I prefer staying by the courtyard. The rooms could use refurbishing, but the AC and hot water work fine, and they have done some upgrading - the old tvs have been replaced by flat screens, and the old refrigerators are being replaced by new ones. Also, the older rooms are larger than the new ones. I push the beds together at the back, they get my computer table out of storage (they keep it for me in between visits) and I have a comfortable, clean place to work. The pools (one in the oldest section, one in the new section) are well maintained and crystal clear. Internet is a bit slow, and does go down, but they have technicians on staff who reset it when needed. The restaurant is pretty good, and available 24 hours a day. Breakfast used to be better - as the hotel has gotten bigger, the buffet has gotten less elaborate, which is a shame. But still, I think it's a great place to stay. Oh, and the staff are wonderfully friendly.

Room Tip: I like the courtyard rooms, which are larger, but the new section rooms are actually nicer. Avoid the single rooms around the old pool - they are leftover from when that section was the Granada Hotel, and they are really below standard. The two story building over there is newer, and on a par with the courtyard rooms. The rooms towards the front, near the lobby, get some street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Fay W
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Mataram city is growing as an important city for MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Convention, and Exhibition) and business. As a capital of Nusa Tenggara Barat Province, Mataram have added value because for its purpose. Senggigi Beach have growth as a world famous destination since years ago. Senggigi also have facilities for MICE and have held a lot of events. In 2000 Mataram city got impacts of Lombok’s traveling growing. Many hotels have built in Mataram with some purposes such as for temporary living in alternative city with complete facilities for tourist to explore Lombok’s beautiful beaches.
One of the biggest and oldest hotel in Mataram is Lombok Garden. Its location is very strategic. Located at Soekarno-Hatta Street at center of Mataram city, Lombok Garden has assumed as one of the most famous hotel in Mataram. Lombok Garden located not more than 1 km from Mataram Mal as a center of trading and modern destination. Lombok Garden also connected to Lombok Raya Hotel that located exactly at the behind side of Mataram Mal. Collaboration of those two 3 Star Hotels make Mataram as an excellent choice for MICE.

First Traveling with My 3 month age baby in Lombok
I arranged to travel with my wife and my baby in a happy November. Before I gone to Mataram, I tried to visit Lombok Garden website and impressed with its graphic design. Flowers vector in a calm colors is very represent Lombok Garden. Information for room facilities was complete and very helpful. But I can’t found price list for every room. It was not good for budget traveler like me. We decided to not book room in Lombok Garden by email because my wife was prefers to take a hotel in Senggigi. But I suggested to trying Lombok Garden because we have another purposes besides traveling. We want to shop some baby things in Mataram Mal and meet business partners and make a meeting in Mataram. So living in an hotel in Mataram is the bes option because of its flexibility. If we want to go to Senggigi beaches we can reach it easily in 20 minutes with our car.
We decided to not book hotel after we have arrived in Mataram. Our first activity in Mataram was takes a lunch in a famous restaurant in the center of Mataram City. We tried to book hotel while lunch. Finally my wife agreed to living in Mataram. I called our favorite budget hotel in Mataram but we its rooms were full. We moved to Lombok Garden Hotel in 5 minutes because we have decided to living in Lombok Garden with price is twice more expensive than our favorite budget hotel. What the hell... Lombok Garden rooms also full. That was not a peak season for traveling such as June-July or December-January. But why all famous hotel were full?
My baby was crying before we gone to Senggigi because I have got an available room in our favorite hotel in Senggigi by phone. We decided to wait

To be continued