All reviewsnew sectionswimming poolfirst impressionthe hotel staffimprovement
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just stayed for 2 nights on this hotel with my family.
I made a booking on the internet and got valuable price.
As usually I always make order for connecting room, but during we checked in the receptionist sai no connecting room was available.
The room is clean and maintained well, but the towels conditions is not so white and bright
Breakfast food, I feel need to be made more various cause for 2 days I gt same menu.
This hotel is located near from Mataram Mall Shopping Center
You just need walk for 5 minutes to go to there and there is pass-through path Lombok Raya Hotel.
If you don't have more time to look for the dinner, there is available "Ayam Taliwang" local restaurant in front of the hotel, you just need cross the street easily.
This hotel looks ike seem appropriate for seminar, symposium, big meeting or other gathering, compare if you want to get vacation.
As overall this hotel is good, especially from location due to near from city center and nature view condition.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Room is nice. My Room are directly connected to the swimming pool area.
Nice garden, Very suitable for family vacation. Lots of taxy in the hotel so we can easly go around lombok. But, there is no wifi in the room you must used cable to access internet.

Room Tip: ask for the room next to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel is lovely... lovely rooms, brilliant swimming pools, lovely staff... but there is literally nothing close nearby of interest. As 2 british girls travelling, we actually felt slightly unsafe - we walked to the local Mall.. on our way, we got stopped by numerous men asking for kisses?? We booked to stay here for 5 nights, after 2 nights.. we went back to The Gilis. As I say, hotel is great... but I wouldn't recommend Mataram for a keen backpacker!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LauraRea90
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We booked this hotel knowing the rating and what to expects we were not surprised nor disappointed. The room rate is good for what you receive. Best advice is to request a room in the "new" building. There are two distinct areas, the old and the new. We stayed in the old and the room was dated and needed some minor repairs and touch ups...but it was clean. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable.
The food at the buffet was typical Indonesian fare and well serviced, but I didn't like the smoking in the dinning area.
The garden and grounds are beautiful and the pool is nice, although overly chlorinated.
This is a good basic hotel close to the main mall and and a few good restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new section. Taxi to the mall is no more than 20,000idr.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one week and probably wouldn't stay again.

Positives
- breakfast buffet is included with the room is large with fruit, fried rice, egg station, noodles etc.
- there is many Warung/food places nearby and walking distance to the Mall
- Blue bird taxi's wait outside the hotel at all time so transport is no issue
- two pools and nice grounds with trees, gardens, lawns and quiet as rooms back from the street

negatives
- the price! Paying $40 in the off season for a room with mould, broken shower and unclean sheets
- Poor wifi which doesn't work often (much the same as the air conditioner)
- no fridge or LAN access despite this being advertised on Agoda

Would I stay here again, no. There are other places which are better priced for the same facilities and better service. Disappointed.

Room Tip: If money is not an issue then pay extra for the Deluxe rooms located at the back of the hotel - they have a fridge and LAN access and are new
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business