“Great hotel with great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Griya Asri Hotel

Griya Asri Hotel
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Mataram
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great hotel with great staff!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

the deluxe terrace room is a very nice room with hot water and a beatifull shower. it was very clean. every day the staff cleans the rooms and you get clean towels. you don't have a locker, but you don't need one! you can leave all your valuable stuff in the room and the staff don't take it. if we leave money as a tip, the money was still in the room when we came back. if you need something you ask the staff of the hotel. they will get it for you if you want something. you can have nice indonesian food in the hotel. the boss and manager are very nice and we had great contact with them. it's a very nice area when you want to be with the indonesian people. it's also close to every great city. it's only 7 minuts from the big mall in mataram and only like 45 minutes to the airport. we had a great stay!! if we come again we will come back to griya asri!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the backyard called deluxe terrace more comfy and quite, it is nice far from the main road
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ilsejansen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Mataram, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We arrived very early but are room was ready so that was nice. The owner is super friendly en told us what we could do. The staff is also very friendly. Breakfast is nice, you can choose from Indonesian food en toast en eggs.

Overall, great!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank dewi k
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My first contact with the Griya Asri Hotel was with the wonderful Feby, who manages bookings - and just about everything - with great charm and a lovely sense of humour. My room was just as in the pictures. Clean, comfortable, spacious and tastefully modern, with a verandah looking out onto the garden; it exceeded my expectations. Bathroom was well designed and beautiful too. This hotel is walking distance to Universitas Mataram, but also close enough to the central city as well lots of little warungs for food and other supplies just a block or so away. How could it improve? More fruit offerings at breakfast and better lighting for late night students, and maybe a small fridge. Keep the coffee, Kopi Lombok is the perfect start to everyone's day! I'll be going back again next year - for the room, the location, for Feby and the generous manager, Ian. Terima kasih atas Anda sekalian!
Elizabeth H

Room Tip: Downstairs, out the back, facing the garden with beautiful trees. 214 has a frangipani that gave m...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Elizabeth H
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

First of all I'm a backpacker so my expectations aren't high...I booked this hotel for one night as it said it was close to the airport...and it is. The old airport. I flew in from Bali to the new airport (not realizing there were two) and it was an HOUR away by taxi (120,000 Rp). It advertised a restaurant which was another reason I booked it, getting in late, but all they had was a few cans of soft drink in a fridge in the reception and a couple of items you could get on room service (like burger or sandwich) NOT EVEN A BEER!
I don't know which rooms they put pictures of on their website but it was definitely not where they put me. First I was on the ground floor (room 210 I think) but I asked to be moved as the toilet was continually flowing and making a lot of noise, so they put me in the room next door. It was so manky. Walls had writing on, curtains were stained, bathroom was dirty and everything looked about thirty years out of date. Real shame as the little chap on reception was lovely (albeit not great English).
The bed was comfy though, so I slept well, managed to get one English speaking Singapore news channel on the tv (and a couple of fuzzy asian ones). Breakfast was inedible. Cold fried eggs covered in salt. Very weak coffee. Toast was ok, but then, when you're toasting it yourself you can't really go wrong!
They do have free bottled water and a computer terminal with internet in reception for guests to use, so that was good.
Last thing I will say is that the area around the hotel is residential. There is nothing here. Wouldn't be so bad if there was an actual restaurant or shop nearby for provisions, but no. That was another taxi ride away. Overall really disappointed. And that's saying something when I'm used to sleeping in dorm rooms!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Emma R

Travellers are raving about these Mataram hotels

Geelong
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We moved from Seggigi Beach to Mataram for 2 nights prior to leaving Lombok. BIG mistake, as we came from a beautiful resort style hotel to this terrible run down place for about $5 less. First, there was no hot water as they told us thats what you get for that money in Lombok. It was not mentioned anywhere on the site (although it is now) so after a few dramas they agreed to put us in an 'upgraded room'. After a few minutes we had to call management again......full ashtray on the window sill, filthy dirty room, cigarette but on floor, old sticky plastic bags in drawers, broken door locks & one door was straight out to road so no security, dirty floor, basin tap broken in bathroom, toilet not flushing properly, wires hanging out of the wall covered in cobwebs....etc etc. They got us to sit & wait another half hour & they put us in another room which they had attempted to clean. Complete with air freshner hanging from air conditioner A little better from eye-level down.
We didn't want any more hassles so said that one was ok. The management was a bit sheepish after all that but certainly the staff were friendly enough. This hotel was about 10 mins from the airport & about 5kms from the large shopping centre but not hard to get to with a cheap cab ride.
Breakfast was included at the hotel which was toast, & tea/coffee but also rice or a similar dish if preferred. In all, I would not stay there again as you will get a lot cleaner for the money.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
jakarta
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Griya Asri Hotel is good of service,friendly and strategic location. It's very nice to know all of it.For next,keep do the best for your guests.We hope you can be the best hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank stellajakarta
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at Griya Asri for one night earlier this month. Although the price was cheap, it definitely was not anything like the photos show on their website. These are obviously more expensive, but it would be good to have an idea of what to expect in advance.

When I arrived, the young man on reception was really helpful and did everything he could to help me (and I had a LOT of questions)! Sadly, he was the only one who appeared to be working(although the other staff were polite too). I was woken at 6.30 am by a woman shrieking with laughter. This continued for about 40 minutes (and I was wearing ear plugs). My room was right next to reception, but it was all very unprofessional to me.

The room itself was rather shabby, and full of dead Mosquitos under the air-con. There was no net (which I would say is essential there), but the young man on reception went to the shop to buy insect spray just for me. Really kind

The room was clean, but really it needed some updating/insect removal. It was cold water only, which was fine, and breakfast was included, which was good too.

On the whole, I wouldn't stay here again. The noise was too much, and there was a real problem with Mosquitos. I gad my own net, but nowhere to hang it. There could have been a coil or something just to ease the problem. Maybe if I'd paid more I would have had a better experience, but I stayed somewhere 15 mins up the road that was cheaper and nicer. And no shrieking receptionists!

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mataram
favehotel Langko Mataram
#12 of 19 in Gili Air
Fizz Hotel Lombok
Fizz Hotel Lombok
#19 of 24 in Mataram

Been to Griya Asri Hotel? Share your experiences!