“Guests are the kings”

Griya Asri Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Mataram
“Guests are the kings”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This afternoon,July 24 2014, my brother and sister-in-laws alltogether with my husband and I arrived at the lobby of Griya Asri hotel. My sis in laws has booked 2 rooms deluxe terrace by using voucher released by the owner. My sis in laws has confirmed it in June, reconfirmed it on 25 and 26 of July that we would be there on July 29. However, the receptionist first said that there's no reservation and no deposit so hotel didn't keep the room and only one room deluxe terrace left. Then, the receptionist tried to evade her mistakes by blaming us back. She said that the voucher was not valid until August 31. Well on the voucher it is written that it is valid from August 31, 2013 - September 1, 2014. When we showed that she evaded the mistake by saying that it was a 'given' voucher, so not an official one released by hotel. Then, she even called her boss in front of us and dared to say that there are some angry guests complaining about the reservation. All the reservation are received by the same person-the receptionist named Niluh- but she tried to evade her mistakes. What a behaviour! Guests are kings. Wrong or right, you're not supposed to treat the guests harshly. After a while debating, then she admitted that she had blocked two deluxe rooms for us, however, the reservation has been changed by someone for a travel agent. Very nice! What a management! We were offered 1 deluxe terrace room and 1 superior room. The hotel will cut the price for superior room. However, the superior room was not as nice as deluxe terrace. It has funny smell. No water and dirty toilet. I had to ask the employee to run the water and clean it up first. I really think that the hotel should free the charge for superior room for their suck management. Oh, by the way, while I'm writing this, there are some guests who already paid and reserved rooms, they are denied by saying there's no room left. What a treatment for guests. If I can choose, I never recommend this hotel to my friends. Once is enough.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lan N
irviyan, Manager at Griya Asri Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking time and giving us thorough feed back. We are truly sorry for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. Certainly it is not our standard!
I can assure you that we don't differentiate our customers regardless they hold gift vouchers or booking rooms other way.
The fact is that during the month of Ramadhan we were experiencing staff shortage and front desk was handled by new employee. It is not excuse as customer satisfaction is our priority.
I'd like to invite you and give us another chance and I can assure you that your experience will be totally opposite to previous one.

Again thank you very much,
We will look forward to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
LUTON, ENGLAND
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a room next to the pool, which is small but big enough to enjoy. The room was big, and bathroom too, however the toilet area was a but scummy.
Wi-fi in room was ok, but kept cutting logging out every 8minutes??
Room has a mini bar (extra charge). Breakfast was minimal although this could be due to us staying on the eve and day of eid.
Location isn't great, but taxis can be called from reception to take you to the nearest busiest area (the mall). They costed us about RP20,000.
Hotel also provided us with an airport transfer for approx RP180,000 one way.
If you're looking for a stopover to experience typical lombok culture and community, this hotel is a good choice!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HMBudge
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night after arriving from a boat tour. I stayed in a deluxe terrace room based on other reviews that I read regarding the stark differences between the deluxe and superior rooms. The deluxe rooms have hot water and a more western bathroom, whereas the superior rooms do not. We saw that first hand because our friend stayed in a superior. Initially I called to make a reservation and when I gave my name, I heard someone repeat my name in the background and laugh. I ended up booking online for simplicity sake, not because my name was laughed at. Upon check in, I found the staff to be extremely friendly and always smiling. They were also prompt in delivering an extra towel that we requested.

Our room had a fridge and smelled nice. They provided 2 bottles of water. I enjoyed the bathroom because I had never seen one like it, but my sister did not. The bathroom had a ceiling that was open to the outside above the shower area so it was humid. There was a net above the shower area I guess to keep bugs out, but the net didn't cover the entire open area. I was concerned that a bug would enter the bathroom area because of this, but that wasnt the case. Mosquitos did though. There were stones surrounding the shower area, but when the stones became wet, they gave off a smell. They did look nice though. I've seen similar setups at spas.

The room itself I thought was fine. It was clean and had a working AC. We slept well.

Breakfast options were limited. It was not a buffet. Choices were fried rice (served with a fried egg) or toast and eggs. Breakfast was served with tea or coffee. You order and the staff bring it to your room, but we decidef to eat in the eating area outside the kitchen. We initially all ordered omlets. When one person tried to order a fried rice, we were told that we would have to pay extra (because she had ordered the omlet already).

From this hotel we payed a Rangga Taxi (a blue colored taxi, but not blue bird) about 130.000 idr to get to the airport. He used his meter. This was June 2014. It took about 45 minutes, if that, on a Friday morning.

The property also had a pool that we did not use.

All in all, the room suited our needs so I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank 3caballeras
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a good deal for the room in this hotel from a hotel room online website. Seriously affordable and keep me in a small budget cause i dont really like paying so much for a hotel room in the city. We booked this hotel as a layover from a beach trip in Gili Air with a next flight home. So for a basic place to rest, it is quite comfortable and quiet. We had dinner at Mataram mall, took bluebird taxi which the hotel helped to call for us. The cab fare was by minimum Rp 20K
The airport transfer is arranged by the hotel. Pretty cheap with a good car - Nissan evalia.

Room Tip: My mom got a deluxe room no 214 with a very nice shower
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AmyHushgirl
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few months ago , for 4 nights , and I was so impressed with the service and amenities, although the hotel is not big hotel, but the location is easier for me to reach interesting places in Lombok for my holiday trip by public transport and it is cheap enough to use taxis .
On arriving at the hotel , they presented wellcome drink and friendly staff welcome :) and their staff drove us to a deluxe terrace room which we booked through the internet .
Incredibly, on the way to my room looked exactly the pool front room , and this is beyond my expectations , and then we headed to the bathroom, and the shower, the water also the bathroom very comfortable .and also free wifi including in my room.
Breakfast buffet at the restaurant the next day prepared with menu selection of breads , fruit , and fried rice are also changed every day , not so many choices , but for the price I paid was fine .
Overall for this class of hotel , value for money , in the next if I go back to Lombok and I would stay at this hotel again , recomended

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Actually we stayed here only for transit, we planned to gili trawangan and because of the late night flight, we have to stay at mataram one night before crossing the sea to Gili Trawangan.
At first we did not expect too much for the hotel but when we check in, they didn't have our reservation so we get lil bit nerve because we're already tired with the flight. As we showed them the confirm reservation by text, they apologize and prepare the room quickly.
The room we had was on the back side of the hotel, right in front of the swimming pool and in a brand new building. It was not that bad! the bathroom was spacious and overall of the room was clean. Yeah, we get the Standard Room upgraded because they're already fully booked for the standard and so we get the Deluxe Room. The breakfast was average. It is buffet and doesn't have too much choices. I recommend this hotel if you're only want to transit and I think it is value for money.

Room Tip: The actual standard room was sucked, especially they had the bathroom was too way old and dirty (bec...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here for three weeks during summer school at pusat bahasa mataram university.im a simple traveller who doesnt demand much.as a matter of fact, i cleaned my own room almost everyday because i felt sorry for the cleaning staff who had to do about 10 rooms or more just by himself.

Although i have booked deluxe terrace room like six months ahead,i almost did not get it as they didnt check it properly and couldnt find my booking payment.in the end, after the mixed up, i had the biggest room,therefore im very pleased.deluxe terrace are very private area and very very quiet at night,overlooking the pool,nice view.

The staffs were great,very helpful indeed.they even have a security guard at night time,even better.

Meals provided are mostly indonesian food and some western,will be great if they have more varieties such as curry and briyanis for instance.

Only one thing i would like to see more is holding to your words because that would assure the longevity of the business.in their website,they said they will offer special discounted rates for long term stay,and i have asked many times via email,but they never responded.i asked the owner again the day i checked in and he said yes,that can be arranged.im not the sort of person who would go and ask again and again for confirmation because i trust they would honour their words.when i checked out,i almost collapsed when i looked at my hotel bill.since im just a student,the payment is quite heavy for me.i wanted to check with the owner,but they were no where to be seen.a staff said they have gone home.the next day,another staff said they are still sleeping ( at the hotel). Well i just paid and went back home and i leave the rest to God to decide.

Room Tip: Deluxe terrace room on your left ie kamar 224,225,226 are the newest and latest and bigger than the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mataram
favehotel Langko Mataram
#9 of 25 in Mataram
Fizz Hotel Lombok
Fizz Hotel Lombok
#19 of 25 in Mataram

Been to Griya Asri Hotel? Share your experiences!