“I dont recommend”
Review of Akko Sand Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Acre
Akko Sand Hostel
Ranked #9 of 11 Speciality Lodging in Acre
Krakow, Poland
“I dont recommend”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Well placed hotel in the Old City of Akko, which is close to restaurants, bars and attractions. Hotel near the sea, but far away from the train station and the city center. The rooms are small and ugly. My bedding was stale and was generally dirty. Bathroom very dirty, broken shower. Air conditioning works very well in the hotel. Owner polite but somewhat disinterested current activities hostel. Early in the morning the hostel is fully closed and despite the prob I had to wait two hours up to 9.00 until a hotel guest opens the door output. I would not recommend this hostel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank poltramp

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I went off to Akko for a few days, couldn't get into hostel I wanted but I really enjoyed my stay here. its well located in the Old city, perfect for wandering around and close to all the major sites. i found Moshe very helpful and provided suggestions for restaurants and the must see sights. the hostel is decorated in traditional fashion which I found very interesting. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm, as there was only 1 other person we were both very comfortable and had aircon. I think if it was full it would be not as ok, but if you have a group of friends then the dorm would be perfect There is free coffee and a lounge area downstairs where you can sit and talk or watch TV. The bathroom was basic but I had a comfortable and enjoying stay. Really good for budget travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The hotel was in the ideal location but the room and the service were NOT worth 307 shekels. For starters, none of the rooms had toilet seats on the toilets. When we inquired as to why this was the case, the owner Moshe told us they were all broken. Secondly, when we paid he didn't have change and offered to pick us up breakfast in the AM instead of making change. We agreed. The next morning we asked where our breakfast was and he shrugged and laughed. I pointed out that we had overpaid and he laughed again. This was not a language problem since he speaks English very well, and arabic, too -- both of which I communicated in.

Finally, the room he gave us had no windows, had a bathroom full of cockroaches, and the air conditioner smelled like mold.

I would never stay there again but would instead go to the Knightsbridge hostel just outside the old city walls.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Acre hotels

san antonio
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I don't know what was going on, but the guy who checked us in decided to give a discount to us if we took the private room with a/c. Glad we did! Private and a/c is awesome for august! We had a really nice time there and the staff were super friendly. They'll sit and drink coffee with you for hours if you let them. So, the room was clean, the bed comfy, had some TV in our room, really cool staff, what else could you ask for?

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimmySanAntonio
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This hostel is locate in the old city, inside the walls, and you can reach it by car (there is a free parking along the road).

It is cheap and the location is great, besides the staff is nice and polite.

The rooms are small and basic, but quite clean. The main problem is that is damn noisy, and it was hard to sleep at night.

Anyway you get what you pay for, so it is definately recommended for a quick night stop: they're nice people and the room is clean, nothing more, but nothing less!

Room Tip: we had a double room on the first floor, it was noisy as crazy, don't get that one.