“Fresh Food, Fast Service, Fun Atmosphere”

Mobarsham Resturant
Ranked #24 of 64 Restaurants in Acre
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: On the west coast of Acre near Haifa
Reviewed 11 January 2013

In the hour and a half we were there we heard "Happy Birthday" sung in three different languages at three different tables. That tells you something about the blend of cultures in the clientele. The food was great - of course more than we should have eaten - but very good, down to the desserts. The malabi and the knafe are amazing. Tip: Ask the waiter what's fresh.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

When we were there, we were the only non-locals. It's that kind of place.

The schtick at Mobarsham is that, no matter what you order, you get a giant selection of Middle Eastern salads, ranging from a spicy seafood salad with cooked mussels and squid to pickled beets to hummus. This is great, as most of the salads are really tasty, but if you're traveling with a group fewer than four or not consisting of teenage athletes or sumo wrestlers, you will feel overstuffed if you try to eat everything. It can't be done.

The dishes on the menu are worth trying, too. There's no exceptional cuisine, but the kebabs are more than acceptable and the cheese-stuffed mushrooms in a lemony garlic sauce are addictive.

Even though we insisted we were too full for dessert, we got for free with our tea some small rose water flan-like dessert with a small spoonful of berry preserve on top. It was refreshing and not excessive.

Service was quite friendly.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

A very fine middle eastern restaurant. You get around 18 different salads with warm pita bread (as well as halved of pitas baked with olive oil) with infinite refill as part of entree order. Great variety of fish, sea food and meat dishes as prepared on the spot. Everything is extremely tasteful and the service is attentive and worm.
No beer or other alcohol drinks is served on the premises.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

W sat down and before very long a total of 18 small salads were presented to us at our table. No one asked about our preferences, so regrettably the very spicy ones went to waste for us. The ones we ate were extremely tasty, but this was way too much food for average American. By the time our delicious fish entrees arrived, together with delicious crisp and fresh fries, we were STUFFED. The waiters were friendly, attentive, helpful. Everything was exceedingly clean, and there is a direct view to the waves in the blue sea just across the street. Since it is a little away from the heart of the tourist areas, it also features easy parking.

1  Thank Seniortourist
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Ok, I don't normally go off the deep end on my reviews, but for this place....I going head first! Mobarsham is probably one of the nicest and most elegant places I visited in three years of traveling to the Middle East. I can't believe more people haven't gone here (or at least posted reviews for). The interior was elegant. The food was mind blowing. We tasted new combinations of simple ingredients and new Mediterranean dishes. Plenty of parking. Did I mention this overlooks the Mediterranean? You can sit here and watch the sunsets over the Med every night. Don’t believe me? Check out my pictures. I want to let my pictures do the talking.