“Not a good value for your$”

Rimonim Palm Beach Acre
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Acre
New York City, New York
“Not a good value for your$”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I will start with the good and then go the the bad.
Food, pool, view staff are OK+
what makes this hotel to a bad experience is the noise coming from a hall at the lobby which accommodates weddings at night, forget about sleeping.
The other thing which was annoying was the lack of cooling AC, true it is February but the room is boiling and I can't get my sleep.
Still want to go?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hebrew first
Raanana
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The room was extremely noise because the blower of kitchen grill was directed toward the windows of the rooms on the north side. Problem that is well known to the hotel staff.
The wireless Internet connection was disconnected every few minutes. Trying to contact the reception to report the problem was without answer many times.

Room Tip: Stay on the south side of the hotel (odd number rooms)
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YKRaanana

Travellers are raving about these Acre hotels

amman, jordan
Reviewed 19 October 2012

If you want to enjoy the beach don’t go to the Palm Beach Hotel!
We drove through Acre and past the Palm Beach Acre hotel two months prior to making reservations. The coast was beautiful and the Palm Beach Acre hotel sat right on the beach. I looked at their website and saw nothing indicating the hotel’s narrow beach access and restricted hours.
We arrived at the hotel about 1pm and were given a sheet of paper with meal times and sauna times etc. We dropped our luggage off in the rooms and went straight to the beach. At the beach the hotel placed two black poles into the surf 50 to 70 meters apart. It turns out this was the limit of the hotel beach access. Whenever you were in the water and stepped past the black pole a round man in a black Speedo blasted you with a loud speaker. Never in audible English. I had to make several trips to his lookout post to try to find what he was yelling about. At one point I walked down the public beach and when I came back my wife told me that she was told that we had to be off the beach at 4pm. The hotel had many white plastic beach chairs set up but for some reason the beach/hotel staff wanted to take ours first.
I told the beach/hotel staff person that I was going in to complain to management. The round man in the black Speedo stopped me and said any complaints I had I needed to give to him only. I told him I was going inside and talk to management. A sloppy security guard was standing in the gate and when I tried to walk by he pushed me back and said he was security and wouldn’t let me in. I told him I was a guest at the hotel and started walking past him (there were never more than 5 other guests on the beach other than my family at one time). Again he pushed me back and pointed to his security tag and said security. I pushed past him as he pushed me and walked through the gate on my way to the front desk.
The front desk manager came with me to the round black Speedo man and the security guard. The front desk manager said the beach did close at 4pm and they were locking the gate so no hotel guest could reach the beach. If I wanted to use a beach I would have to go out the front of the hotel and walk or drive to the public beach. Although their conversation wasn’t in English it appeared the front desk manager scolded the security guard while the security guard sat in a lawn chair and glared at me.
That was it! Three hours of beach time that was spent within 50-70 meters of beach while getting yelled at by a loud speaker. And then the gate was locked.
When I got back to the room I looked at the sheet of paper given by the front desk at check-in. Among a list of other spa and meal schedules it did list beach hours 8am to 4pm. It didn’t state that you were locked off the beach completely. And hotel gives no other notice via internet or other notifying you before you arrive the limited beach access the hotel provides. You don’t find out until they tell you to get off the beach.
Instead of loading in the car and driving to the public beach we drove to Acre and had a nice meal. Acre is beautiful. When we returned around 7pm the outdoor pool was closed. We wanted to play some basketball but were told that balls were available from 9am to 6pm. We spent the rest of the night watching TV.

The next morning on check-out I brought my concerns to the hotel manager on duty. Her primary response was that the beach had limited hours because it was hotel policy.
If you want a hotel from which you can look at a beautiful beach from a distance and swim laps in an indoor pool then the Palm Beach Acre hotel is for you. If you want to enjoy the beach then don’t waste your time or money.
The front desk staff was very pleasant and professional.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Osage1
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My whole family and i have been to Palm Beach Hotel twice in 2 subsequent years. The weather is nice even in high summer and you enjoy the breeze on the premises. the proximity to the beach (private for the hotel guests) is delightful. The food is just amazing and there's diversity and different foods each day. a lot to do for everyone: Tennis courts and ping pong, fitness centre and lots more. even a special ping pong room only for grown-ups until noon. the indoor swimming pool is banned for children until 13:00 pm also.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Liron T
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We had a great vacation in this hotel. The hotel has its own private beach with a great view to old Acre and Haifa, two swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), a country club with all the facilities and big lawns.
The staff is very nice and helpful and we had a great time. The rooms are standard. No more and no less. The food is also good but simple. No culinary surprises either for good or for bad.
But when you leave the room...
We started our morning on the beach, with a short swim in the sea. Later we returned to the beach. When we had enough salt water in our eyes we simply took our things and after a few steps we were in the swimming pool. When we felt we had too much sun we took another short walk and went to the indoor swimming pool (and also tennis, basketball, beach volleyball, gym...).
The children weren't bored for a minute. They did whatever they wanted and had lots of fun. A great place for a family vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachel D
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have stayed here twice, each time for business rather than pleasure. The rooms are OK, nothing special, floors 2-6 have this 70's style furniture, and the bathroom decor is in need of updating. During my first stay I moved room 3 times due to various issues, the second stay room was on the first floor, more modern, but leaky shower which would flood the bathroom floor, air conditioning unit broken and the view out of the window was of a wall. There is only WiFi conenction which was unreliable but at least free.
On a positive note, the breakfast is very good, but I recommend going early, the hotel is obviously geared for holidays, and offers many services, pool, gym, beach etc, However the loud music and karaoke each night did mean I rarely got to sleep before midnight. Staff in general are friendly, and you have the advantage of free parking

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 3 July 2012

After reading the last review on this hotel we decided we would only stay for 1 night in case Zippy was correct. We stayed another night.
We arrived and the reception were extremely pleasant and welcoming. We were given a very nice room. The furniture might have been 70s style but was definitely not old. Everything was clean and pleasant.
the view was great, the bathroom a tiny bit small but clean and no problems.
The staff were very helpful and whatever we asked for was there almost immediately.

The spa was kept immaculate.

The only 2 things I can comment about is the gates to the beach are closed at 5 p,.m and 6p.m. would be much better especially as the guard starts calling you at 4 .30p.m.

The food is fine and I am sure caters to every ones taste. Unfortunately the staff in the dining room do not clear the tables on the outside so you have to do this yourself which is a little annoying and then set it yourself.

The 2 restaurants nearby are excellent.

We would recommend this hotel and we are looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sandra1414
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acre
Efendi Hotel
Nea Resort & People
#1 of 1 in Shavei Tzion
Shtarkman Erna Boutique Hotel
Leonardo Plaza Hotel Haifa

Been to Rimonim Palm Beach Acre? Share your experiences!