“There is value for money”

Rimonim Palm Beach Acre
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Acre
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We spent two lovley vication days in Akko city. It was a romantic vacation, although the hotel has facilities that really great for children and all the family. this could be a parfect hotel for family vacation.

we spent a lot of time in the heated pool and hot tub (There are also saunas). the beach is very big and comfortable with a lot of seatings.

The room did not look exactly like the picture presented by the hotel's web site, In reality the room are less well-groomed and the double bed was two single beds joined together. you should ask them for complete double bed when you booking. we asked them to change room to get a complete double bed, but our request was only replied when we talked with the manager (this is how it works in Israel)

breakfast was excellent!!

The only disadvantage was the location- need to take a texi to get to the old city (taxis were cheap)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rimonim Palm Beach Acre

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Very bad hotel,discasting food ,if there is any food ....
The room is very small and looks tereble.
The view is great and also the pool but all the other things like rooms, food, service ,
are absolutly in low level.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Haddas H
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Main attraction of the Palm Beach Hotel is the fascinating view from every room, the sea and Haifa bay or the old city of Acre on the other hand. Ask always for an high floor.
Beyond that, the service is kind, the Spa facilities enjoyable and the food various and tasty.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The room was not so bad, but it looked old and ready for restauration. The position out of the old city is a good choice if you like to stay on the beach. The breakfest was very good and the evening meal too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I will not go back to this hotel again unless I will have to.
To start with, I will write the NOLY 2 good things about this hotel:
1. The aircondition actually heats up the room pretty well
2. We got a sea-view room and the view was great!

And as for the full review:
- Location: the hotel is located far from the old city. for us it was no problem since we had a car, but if you don't have a car - definately go to a hotel in the city-center, or at least closer to there.
- Food: The food quality in the hotel is bad. In every meal I ate (2 dinners, 2 breakfasts) at the hotel I took at least one type of food that was spoiled. luckily I have a sensitive sense of taste and smell so I stopped eating it after one bite so I didn't have to suffer from any side-effects.
Also, the amount of salt they put in their food is ENORMOUS! I usually don't eat so much salt in my food and eating there literally burned my mouth from saltiness, and the amount of water I had to drink after each dinner was unbelievable.
- Air Condition: Actually heated up the room as mentioned but kept shutting off and on every half a minute and it didn't let us sleep very well.
- Bed: We requested a double bad and they gave us a room with 2 single beds joined together but sheeted as 2 single beds. At the reception they told me they don't have another room to give us and that they sheeted the bed with a special thing so we won't feel the gap, but that was far from reality.
-Toilet and Shower: The drainage in the room was blocked and while taking a shower the water didn't drain. When flushing the toilet the sewage would bubble and splash out of the shower. disgusting! The next morning I told them about it and they said they are sending someone to fix it right away. I specifically asked the receptionist to send someone to clean after the plumber fixes it. When we arrived at the room that night we found out that we have leftover pieces from the sewage all over the bathtub. When I wiped the bathtub with toilet paper it was full of brown dots, as it was tiny particles of feces!!!! We did not use that shower anymore! luckily we had other family members with us in the hotel so we took shower at their place. BTW, after the plumber left all that mess behind, the whole thing was still blocked and didn't drain right!!
The Tissue container in the toilet was empty (isn't it the cleaners job to refill this?!), and the toilet paper quality was very low. It was the scratchy toilet paper type, and the 2 used toilet paper rolls we had in the room were placed almost in floor level, right where all the splashes from the toilet hit. I had to go to the reception and pick up a pack of tissue and 2 new toilet paper rolls.
- Hair dryer - it was so old that the hose was yellow (was originally White) and ended up disconnecting from the main frame of it, which rendered it unusable. It was fixed before with masking tape. ridiculous (and poses a fire hazard!). Also the main switch didn't work so the installed this low-end switch. It was like a big joke.
- Swimming pool towels: They are probably clean but smell awful.
- Noise: The room is not so quite - we could hear every person who was walking down the hall and talking, plus every time that another adjacent room opened or closed one of their doors.
We also received a room with a shared door to the adjacent room and we could hear everything they said, their coughing, and their TV!
- Swimming Pool: Not bad at all. and the jacuzzi was great. The y even have a Turkish Bath but not containers to hold water so we couldn't use it...
- Staff: The receptionists were not very kind, the only time I called the reception no one answered and I ended up having to go to the reception physically. Also every time that I went to the reception there was no one there. They were always grouped at the back door, sitting, laughing, and talking, and ignoring the hotel guests. I had to go to their back room twice to get their attention. BTW - their back door has a see-through wall so they saw us but chose to ignore.
Furniture: old. And the whole room was for midgets. for example: I'm 187cm tall and the sink was low enough to be used as a urinal, and the face towels hangar was the hight of my knees.

To sum it up - stay away from there unless you have no choice!
hope this helps someone to pick a better hotel. Good luck.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Y G
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was hear on business and I do not think there is alot of choice in the area but the rooms were spacious, the service oka nd they had a decent breakfast. The wifi was lightning fast and the easiest to connect to out of any hotel I have ever stayed at. The hotel is on the beach and you get free access to tennis courts, pool and fitness room. None of which I had the chance to use. All in all a positive stay.

Room Tip: If you are unable to open the doors lift the handle up and try again. This stumped me initially
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kiwisteveandali
Reviewed 17 February 2014

the rooms are fine , service is ok , restaurant made good dishes
view can be to Haifa Bay or to galilee .
there are 2 pools clean and health club
a good place to weeding and other activity
you can take a ride to all north part of Israel lots of sites

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acre
Akkotel
#1 of 1 in Shavei Tzion
Sea Life Hotel
Sea Life Hotel
#2 of 7 in Nahariya

Been to Rimonim Palm Beach Acre? Share your experiences!