“More than just great ice cream!”
Review of Taos Cow

Taos Cow
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Arroyo Seco
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“More than just great ice cream!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The ice cream is great! But so are the breakfast burritos and the breakfast sandwich. You can get coffee here too. The place has free WiFi and electrical outlets so you can plug in your laptop. I love to linger here.

Visited August 2013

Gunnison, CO
“Mostly Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I dined here for a late lunch and ordered the Gyros sandwich (minus pita bread and chips). The best part was the bed of lettuce, feta cheese, and side of Thai coleslaw - those items were fresh and well prepared. The gyros meat, however, was a disaster - it was thin, luke warm, and cooked like bacon (?!) so the small portion size for the price was probably a relief. I was pleased by the female manager's response when I offered my feedback after the meal - her manner was
thoughtful and kind, offering a complimentary mini scoop of ice cream. The ice cream flavors looked inviting yet the raspberry scoop I had was nothing extraordinary (Note: I have been
spoiled by ice cream from the Oberweiss Dairy in the Chicago area).

Visited February 2014
Santa Fe, NM
“Great place to stop for breakfast on the way to the ski valley!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Taos Cow is an Arroyo Seco institution. I love this little place! Yes, the service can be a bit slow (sometimes there's only a couple of people behind the counter, with one of them making all the food) and the place can get crazy crowded, but you need to embrace the mellow, hippie vibe of the place, relax and enjoy the delicious food and ice cream. We come here every time (and usually multiple times) when we visit Taos as it's a convenient place to stop for breakfast on the way to skiing. My favorite breakfast item is the migas--depending on the cook it will turn out different ways but the green chile is usually nice and hot and it's an awesome egg dish. They have great vegetarian options and even a couple of vegan options too. And the ice cream is divine, even on a cold day.

Visited December 2013
Oklahoma City
“Best Ice Cream Ever!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stopped here on a whim, not really knowing much about it. This charming little town is about 10 miles outside Taos. Somehow, in all my trips to Taos, I'd never gotten over to "Seco" as the locals call it. I am REALLY picky about ice cream and usually find most of what I try to be too artificial tasting. They had several unique flavors here, along with regular favorites. I had 3 samples and of those I chose the lavender vanilla. Wow--it was incredibly delicious!!! I will definitely be going back. If you love ice cream, don't miss Taos Cow!!! They also have breakfast and lunch items available, and EVERYTHING is homemade.

• Visited October 2013
“Super Amazing”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

They have the best ice cream. We drove 20 miles out of our way when we saw where it was on the map!!! It's a cute little place. If we wouldn't have had dinner we would have probably ate there to! We just spent $40 on ice cream ;)

• Visited October 2013