“good location - poor hotel”
Review of Armon Yam Hotel

Armon Yam Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bat Yam
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We are a young couple and we spent 11 nights at Armon-yam Hotel in period 17 - 28 apr. 2014.
This hotel has a very good location, right next to the beach on promenade. I have heard that is one of the oldest hotel in Bat-yam. Hotel is in poor condition, low speed elevators, disgusting small in bathroom and also you can have cockroach.

At the same time it`s cheap, you`ll have good kasher breakfast and good cleaning service.

Staff is very friendly and helpfull except for one fat lady who was always very unhappy with the fact that we want to let the key to the room at the reception when we depart to beach or elsewhere. She told us few times that it`s better to keep the key with us !!?? Why? What the f*** ! I`m in vacantion, i want to feel free not to take care about the key ! Rude person !

I do not recommend this hotel ! I recommend Bat-yam - nice place !

Room Tip: higher floor have less noise from outside
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marius H
Ofir H, Manager at Armon Yam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

We treat guests who come for 11 nights as same as guests who come for one night, so I find it hard understand so many things go wrong. Please contact me next time.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

my trip was for Tel-Aviv for business. I run into hotel through the internet web site. I book it and it was perfect for me. There is no noise so the sleep is good, the view is amazing, and the room is clean and tidy. The staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Travin P
Ofir H, Manager at Armon Yam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

We thank you for your review. See you next time!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

we arrived to armon yam hotel 3 weeks ago together with our two children. we arrived early in the morning and we got our room immediately although in theory we supposed to get it 5 hours later.
The view from the room is AMAZING, getting up every morning and see the amazing beach from our room. the room had everything we needed and it was very clean. one of our children got sick and the hotel stuff help us getting a medical treatment and asked us few times how is he and if we need anything. i will dependently come back here, the beach, room, stuff, food everything was amazing!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ofer r
Ofir H, Manager at Armon Yam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you very much for the review! We appreciate the time you took in order to review our hotel.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Broken showers that explode.
Uncomfortable beds.
Slow elevators.
Stinky rooms.
Bad service.
Keys that don't work.
No beer in fridge.
Not enough towels.
Rude front desk people.
And mystery food... please stay here.

Room Tip: Check up the street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dmitriy z
Ofir H, Manager at Armon Yam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We are sorry that you didn't find what you like in the Armon-Yam Hotel. Please advise the reception next time for help.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

As a family we used to stay at this hotel as a family 25-30 years ago. That time it was very beautiful. The quality, service, breakfast, little restaurant and others were ok. Thats why we chose this hotel for many times. But the last time I visited Israel with my mother again we wanted to stay at this hotel. We thought that we will find the same hotel with same quality and service. We were wrong. The owner was changed and the quality was down ! Ok its located just in front of the Bat Yam beach. Close to many places but the overall look is bad ! No more suitable for families. The rooms were not clean and bugs were flying everywhere. I mean a special bug of Israel called "Cuk" which flies loudly like helicopter ! We changed our room for severela times but did not like at all. Couples come and go all day for 1-2 hours ! I will never stay there again to not erase my old memories ! The last time we were there was 2007

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aslan B

Dear Friend,

As a returning costumer I am deeply apoligize for the expriense you had. Pleas let me make up for it. Please contact me directly before arriving again.
We have chages many things since last year which supposed to make it better. Breakfast are much reacher, all our sheets and towels are send to a special laundry and much more.
Hoep to see you next time!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We arrived at this hotel as "refugees" during the unexpected winter storm of December 2013 (could not get to Jerusalem as planned).
We got a big, clean room with free WiFi and all the amenities. The free breakfast was an excellent Israeli-type breakfast. The Staff was very friendly.
Because of the storm we did not explore the neighborhood, but there is a nice pizza place down the street.The sea views must be wonderful when it's not stormy...
We will definitely come back in the summer, with the beach across the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review and we really hope to see you next time

Reviewed 13 December 2013

While I travel to Tel-Aviv area i find it very expensive to stay in tel-Aviv. Moreover, the hotel level in Tel-Aviv is usually out of the standard of 3 stars hotel. Just 5 minute from there I found this lovely hotel with everything I neeeded: clean updated room and a good staff I can talk to.
Parking is for free which is very importnant to me (while in Tel-Aviv I use to pay 35 NIS per an hour!) and the area itself have a nice restaurants and supermarkets.
Save your money and go Bat-Yam.
One thing is need to be change - The sign in the front. It is defantly don't represant the hotel well.

Room Tip: I usually get a higher floor although I never got a lower one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Margosa Hotel
#1 of 2 in Jaffa
Sur la Mer Boutique Hotel
Ruth Daniel Residence

Been to Armon Yam Hotel? Share your experiences!